Rollercoaster

Chapter 2

I quickly dart down the stairs and head for the door, hoping he's too drunk to notice.

"Aimes, where you goinnn?"

Oh no, I'm too late.

I tip-toe into the living room. There's cans littering the bare floorboards like a carpet and beer is spilt everywhere, making yellow/brown stains. Mail lies amongst it, unopened from about a month ago.

"Dad?" I can't see him anywhere...

"I'm here, my Angellll..." He slurres.

I follow his voice to a heap in the cigarette - stained chair. Oh God, he's really done it this time. His brown, greasy hair straggles over his eyes and blood is pouring from an open wound across his nose. His right ear looks as if it has been bitten off and is partially ripped from the skin. A mixture of blood and vomit is splattered on his white vest, which is covered in holes.

"Oh God, Dad. What happened?" I wail, a single tear rolling down my cheek.

"Leave me alone, alright? God, you're just like mother, and I'm glad she left when she did!" He rants, raising his fist.

"I'm just worried about you Dad!" I cry, many tears following tha single one.

"Why should you be?" He's gotten really angry now. "For God's sake Aimee, I'm your dad! And I'm in charge. What I say goes! Got it?" The empty bottle that was in his hand is flown across the room, glass shattering everywhere.

Not again Dad, please. I silently beg. I head for the door as he continues to smash up the whole kitchen.

"Ahhhh," He yells as he falls to the floor.

"Dad?" He's not moving, so I rush over to his side. God no. His leg is cut and bleeding like crazy. I run to the sink and grab a wet cloth.

"I thought I told you...." I turn around as I meet his bulging eyes. He grabs the cloth off me and punches me in the face. The force is so powerful, I fall to the ground, clutching my bleeding jaw.

He's too drunk to notice what he's done, and storms upstairs. I have to get out. Before he gets worse.....