Forever

Just Know, I Will Remember You

I looked down at that rose in my sketch book. Sipping more of my coffee. I smiled to myself. Mikey came and sat down at the table across from me.

"What are you smiling about?" he asked me.

"This."
I pushed the book towards him. He looked down at it, then back up at me. He smiled at me.

"I miss her too." he said looking out the window.

"She is up there looking down at us. I know she is proud of me, proud of us. I wish she could of met Frank and Bob." I said.

"Yeah, she would love them."

"And they would love her." I said smiling back at my little brother. I know I am thirty one, and he is twenty eight, but he will always be my little brother to me.

That night we played a show in Madison Square Garden. I looked up at the sky and saw this one bright star shining back at me. I knew it was my Allie.

"This one's for you baby" I whispered to myself. I looked into the huge crowd.

"Are you guys ready to rock and roll?!" I screamed into the microphone.

The crowd cheered a big 'Yeah' back at me.

"This song goes out to someone who is very dear to me, she is listening right now. She is here. I want you all to sing along with me as loud as you can! Do you hear me New York?" I screamed walking to the left side of the stage.
The crowd roared louder. Screams and cheers, lights flashing. Ray started playing the guitar, Frank started playing and Mikey on bass. Then the drums kicked in.
I sang as loud as I could,

"Just know that I will remember you. If living was the hardest part, we'll then one day be together. And in the end we'll fall apart, just as the leaves changing colors, and then I will be with you, I will be there one last time now. When you go, just know that I will remember you. I lost my fear of falling, I will be with you, I will be with you."

After the show, we all congratulated each other on another great show. We walked back towards the tour bus, fans at the fence waiting for us to sign autographs. This one little girl caught me eye. She had black hair pulled back into a messy ponytail. I walked up to her. Her smile growing bigger. She squealed with delight at my presence.

"Hi." I said to her.

"Hi," she said nervously, "will you sign my cd?"

"Of course I will." I put my sharpie pen in my mouth and pulled the top off with my teeth. I looked back at her, she had to be about nine or ten, she was a cutie. She stared back and me with her big golden brown eyes, which took me a bit by surprise.

"I love you Gerard." she said softly.

"Awe I love you too.." I stopped and looked at her.

"Allie, my name is Allie."
I got this lump in my throat, but managed to smile and her and and reply,

"I love you too Allie, I love you too."

FOREVER......