Forever

A Rose

Senior year came and almost went in the blink of an eye. I remember getting ready for prom. I bought a red rose corsage for Allie, to match her dress.
I didn't dance. That was not my thing. As much as I loved music. I did not dance. Allie really wanted to go to prom, and I promised her I would take her since it meant so much to her.
I walked two houses down in my black tux. It felt like freshman year all over again. My hands were clamy, I was so nervous. Only this time is was not because it was the first day of school. It was because this was my first real date with Allie. I walked up the steps to her front door. I took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to calm my nerves. I pushed the doorbell. Allie opened the door. I know this sounds really cheesy, but you know that song 'Your'e Beautiful' by James Blunt? If that song was out back then, that is what would play in my head. She stood there in a red gown down to feet. Tiny little silver, sparkly stars all over her dress. She had her hair pulled back into some sort of bun on the back of her head. There were red glitter ribbons wrapped thoughout her hair. She had a little black eyeliner around her eyes, her eyelashes seeming longer for some reason. I could see a faint hint of red glitter eyeshadow on her eyes and a small touch of red lipstick. Her eyes were golden brown today. They glowed, like the golden brown off the crisp leaf of a rose. She smiled at me.
"Well, don't you look sexy in a tux. Who would of thought?" she said with a little laugh.
I had a black tux, black pantent lather shoes. A red cumberbun to match Allie's dress. My hair was a bit longer now. Black and slicked back behind my ears for this evening. I looked like John Travolta from Grease, only without the ducktail in the back.
I smiled at her. "You are so beautiful. I think my heart just skipped a beat."
"You always know what to say to a lady don't you Mr.Way?" she teased me.
I took her corsage out of the box and placed it on her wrist. We walked inside her house. Her mother and father smiling at us both. Having us stand in front of the fireplace, taking pictures. It was nice that her parents loved me. I suppose since they knew me since I was a little boy, they approved of me dating their daughter. They smiled and waved at the door as we walked towards the school. I grabbed Allie's hand and squeezed it tight. She looked at me smiling. We swayed our holding hands back and forth. I smiled back at her. How did I get so lucky? She was beautiful, funny, caring, talented, fun to be around, always believed in me no matter how I looked, what I thought or what I believed in. She was always honest with me, always there for me when I needed her. Is it possible to love someone as much as I love this girl?
That night was incredible. We danced slow, holding each other tight, as if we were inseperable. I never wanted this night to end. She smelt like strawberries. I leaned my head against the side of her head. We swayed in the colored flickering lights to the sound of the music.
I knew at this very moment I wanted to marry this girl. I know it sounds cliche. Highschool sweet heart right? I know...it does sound cliche, but it was true. She stole my heart and took my breath away. I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life. I knew this and wanted it more than the Marvel dream of mine, more that my dreams of being in a band. She is all I want, all I need, she is my everything, EVERYTHING.
That night we kissed for the first time. Not our first kiss, but our REAL first kiss. A kiss with passion, a kiss with feeling, emotion. It was nice. I felt loved for the first time. Sure, I knew my parents and my brother loved me, but this was different. The feeling of a soul mate. Like fate. She was meant to move into my neighborhood. Of all the places across the United States of America and she moves to Newark, New Jersey.

..................................................................................................................................................
I believe that I have insomnia because I find myself uplate at night. Past the normal hours when everyone is sleeping, I am drawing, reading or writing my thoughts to hopefully one day become lyrics to a great song.
That night after prom, I was up until four in the morning. I could not sleep normally, but mostly this night because my brain would not turn off long enough for me to drift into unconsciousness. I layed in bed, looking up at my ceiling, thinking about the way she looked. Thinking about spending my life with her forever. Thinking about getting married, maybe having a few children of our own, and growing old together. That thought made me smile.
I suddenly had an image in my head. I had to draw it. I grabbed my sketch book and started to draw rapidly with my pencil, and a few colored pencils. I think I worked on it for almost an hour straight. I looked down and my finished drawing. A single red rose, dew dropping off the pedal. Her name was hidden into the bold lines that outlined the rose. There was a tiny star in the center of the rose. That was for Allie. She loved stars. I'm not sure why, but she always had a star on. Maybe little earrings, a necklace, a bracelet, a ring, clothing, something on her revealed a star. So that tiny star in the center of the rose was for her. The leaves of the rose were a little green, some golden brown traces in them. Just like Allie's eyes. The green and brown contrast was strong off the page of my drawing, just like her eyes that seems so big and beautiful everytime she looks at me.
I stared at that rose for a long time. There was a lot of thought and meaning put into this drawing, and it meant a lot to me.