Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Please Be Mine

Three days passed and I was finally allowed out of the hospital. Then the passed two days I couldn’t go to school (because mom wanted to make sure everything was alright) but Rachael came by after school on both of those days and got me my homework. Maya came over as well and the three of us just hung out. I started to get used to pricking my finger to check my blood sugar but I had to do it a lot. November came and dad gave the cd that we’ve been working on to a company called Columbia Records. They didn’t really like the cd but they said they liked my voice so I guess it’s a good thing. As more days kept passing I started falling harder and harder to Rachael and her birthday was coming soon and I decided that I was going to finally tell her that I liked her.

December 16th came and I was extremely nervous. I told my brothers of course and they said I should do it and they said I should kiss her right away. But what’s there to be nervous about that? I’ve already kissed her once…but that was because we wanted to get it out of the way but now that I think of it, it was really stupid of us. We just met and we kissed on the same day…how idiotic is that…but it’s not like I didn’t like it.

I saw it was 10:00 in the morning and decided to call her. “Hello?"

“Happy birthday!" I cheered and she giggled.

“Thanks”

“Okay so how about you come over, because my family wants to see you too” I suggested.

“Alright, I’ll be over in ten,” she said and hung up.

I got ready quickly and started to practice what I was going to say to her…yea it sounds stupid but it helps my confidence a little.

“ReaRea!" I heard Joe cheer downstairs and suddenly my brain stopped functioning.

I walked out of my room and downstairs to see my family smothering Rachael in “happy birthdays” Then she saw me and she smiled big which caused me to smile big as well. We all spent basically the whole day just hanging out and doing nothing but then it started to get late.

“Rachael…I need to talk to you,” I said to her as we sat on the couch watching t.v. with my brothers and Maya as my parents were at the table talking.

“Okay,” she said happily and we both grabbed light jackets as we walked out onto the steps and there was a sheet of paper with lyrics on it with a single rose on top.

“Nick, what’s this?" she asked as we both sat down side by side.

“Rachael…I have to tell you something…I’ve liked you ever since I first met you…you’ve never acted different around me and…I just really, really like you,” I said and she laughed lightly as she put her nose in the flower and smiled as she blushed.

“I’ve liked you too,” she admitted and I smiled.

I stared at her for a moment. "Seriously?" I asked, skeptically.

"Seriously" she confirmed.

We were silent, just staring at one another. “I wrote you a song,” I said suddenly as I pulled my guitar onto my lap.

“Well Joe and Kevin helped too but I kind of based it on you,” I added shyly and I started playing and Joe started singing so she turned her head toward the door as I looked as well and we both saw Kevin, Maya and Joe all standing there with Frankie as well.

They come and go but they don't know
That you are my beautiful
I try to come closer with you
But they all say we won't make it through


I started singing and her gaze came back to mine and I looked right into her eyes as she looked into mine and I kept singing.

But I'll be there forever
You will see that it's better
All our hopes and our dreams will come true
I will not disappoint you
I'll be right there for you 'til the end
The end of time
Please be mine

I'm in and out of love with you
Trying to find if it's really true
oh no no no no
How can I prove my love
{Joe started singing}
If they all think I'm not good enough

But I'll be there forever
{we both started to sing and this time Kevin joined in}
You will see that it's better
All our hopes and our dreams will come true
I will not disappoint you
I will be right there for you 'til the end
The end of time
Please be mine

I can't stop the rain from falling
Can't stop my heart from calling you
It's calling you
I can't stop the rain from falling
Can't stop my heart from calling you
It's calling you
I can't stop the rain from falling
Can't stop my heart from calling you
It's calling you

But I'll be there forever
{I started singing alone}
You will see that it's better
All our hopes and our dreams will come true
I will not disappoint you
I will be right there for you 'til the end
The end of time
Please be mine


I stopped playing and she just stared at me and I watched as Maya ushered Joe and Kevin and Frankie inside to give us some privacy.

“Nick…you wrote that song…for me?" she asked and I was afraid of her response to the answer I was about to give.

“Nick…it’s…an amazing song…it’s awesome…I just cant believe it’s for me,” she said and I felt a sudden burst of confidence.

“Please be mine?" I asked as I held out a bracelet that I made with beads.

On it had letters that spelled out ‘please be mine’ and her jaw dropped. All she did was nod. So then I slipped the bracelet onto her wrist.

“I love it…thank you,” she said and then leaned over toward me and kissed my cheek and I blushed and then I lifted my chin into the air.

“Smell that?" I asked her and pulled her off the steps so we stood under the bright stars in the sky and we both looked up.

Then it began to snow and I looked back at Rachael as she continued to smile up at the sky. Then she looked back at me and her smile slowly faded as I felt my face move closer to hers and hers started to move closer as well. Soon enough our lips met and it was nothing like our first real/not real kiss…it was so much better and with so much more enthusiasm and energy. We pulled away and stared at each other.

“Wow,” was all we both said.

“Rachael, Nick, come inside kids, a blizzard is scheduled to come!" mom yelled out to us and suddenly a big blow of wind whooshed around us and Rachael giggled as she took in the snow willingly which made me smile.

Then we both ran back inside together. Wow, I finally told her I liked her and she told me she liked me back…I’m starting to think snow really is lucky.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please

<<333