Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

First Fight

Valentines Day:

Today was our first Valentines Day as a couple and I couldn’t even do anything special for her because Kevin, Joe and I have to go record and make a cd. Yea it’s true. Columbia Records heard listened to us sing ‘Please Be Mine’ and they liked it! Dad and I even mentioned that Rachael should record with us but Columbia only liked the idea of three brothers…not three brothers and a girl. I was very disappointed about it but I decided I wasn’t going to tell Rachael I tried to get her into it. There was no point to lift up her hopes and then drag them down right away. I was so restless all morning and Rachael couldn’t even come over because she went in early to tutor some kid.

So as soon as the buses got to the school, I raced off and raced down the hallway until I saw Rachael in sight as she was putting a few books away in her locker. I cleared my throat, took a few deep breaths and started walking toward her. Even though we’re together now, she still makes me so nervous. I got to her and kissed her cheek on one side and then when she turned her head, I got on her other side and she looked back at me and smiled.

“Happy Valentines Day,” I said and held up a small rectangular box and she gasped.

“Nick I thought we agreed on not getting each other gifts”

“Yea like I would really listen to that non sense,” I said and she laughed beautifully.

“You’re lucky…I got you something too”

“What? But the point was so you wouldn’t buy me anything,” I said and my hand dropped with her gift in it.

“Well now why would I listen to that kind of non sense,” she mocked and I couldn’t help but smile as I rolled my eyes at her. “Now close your eyes,” she ordered.

“No way, you go first,” I said and held out her present to her again.

“Okay okay,” she said and took it from me.

She opened it and her eyes lit up as she smiled sincerely. She pulled out the golden necklace that I had gotten her. It had a heart locket hanging on it.

“Open it,” I instructed gently.

So she did and she smiled. Then she showed it to me as if I didn’t know what was inside. I saw the small picture of the two of us, sitting close together on my bed and it was inside the heart. Then she shut it.

“Put it on me?" she asked and I did so as she lifted her hair. “Nick…thank you, I love it,” she said and kissed my cheek and I just smiled at her.

“Okay my present isn’t as good but it’s something…shut your eyes,” she said and I did. “Open them,” she said and I did. When I did, she was holding up a black leather jacket and on the back of it, it said…

‘R+N=
True Love’


“It’s a little big but I figured that you’d grow into it and you’d be able to wear it when you get older or when you grow or something…it was stupid, I don’t even know if we’ll be together that far along in the future, you might not even like me and…” she started to babble.

“Rachael!" I snapped with a laugh so she stopped.

“Rea…I love it…and I will always like you…even years from now, if we’ve gone separate ways and you may not even feel the same way about me…you will always have a piece of my heart,” I explained to her and I wasn’t lying one bit.

“How is it possible for you to be so romantic,” she said lightly and I just smiled.

“It’s in the Jonas blood…but wait…on the jacket it says ‘true love’…does that mean…”

“I think so…I’m not really sure…I definitely feel different with you…I think I do…but I also think we might be too young to really know…”

“Rachael?" I cut her off and she looked up at me. “I love you,” I said and she just starred at me.

I stepped closer to her, grabbed her hands and kissed her lips lightly. “I love you too,” she muttered, when I pulled away and she was avoiding my eyes.

Then a chorus of “awes” were heard and when we turned our heads and saw Alex, John, Luke, Melissa, Kayla and Brittany standing there as the guys were rolling their eyes at the girls. Then the bell rang.

“We should really get to homeroom, we’re going to be late,” Rae said as she blushed.

I took my jacket from her and laughed a little and we all started to walk to homeroom with the girls whispering and giggling in front of us.

“Dude, you are so whipped,” Alex commented.

“I am not,” I defended but they all gave me a look. “Okay maybe I am…is it really so bad?" I admitted but then looked at John and Luke for an answer since I could always expect an honest answer from them.

“For any other girl I’d say being whipped is really bad…like if it was with Brittany or Kayla…but Rachael is like Melissa…it’s a very good thing,” John said.

“I have to agree with him, being with Rachael, definitely has an upside,” Luke said, honestly and I just starred at the back of her head.

“Are you guys going to pick up the pace or not? Because I am not going to get another detention just for being late to homeroom again,” Kayla snapped so we all started to go faster.

After homeroom, Rachael and I went to science and then math and I realized that everything happened so fast that I didn’t even get a chance to tell her we couldn’t hang out after school today. So I wrote a note on a piece of paper.

Rea, I didn’t get the chance to tell you this morning but Columbia Records wants to sign me, Joe and Kevin and have us record an album
I folded it up and slid it slowly over to her since she was sitting right next to me and we were toward the back so the teacher wouldn’t have noticed. She gave me a questionable look as she opened it and read it. Then her jaw dropped as she looked at me and mouthed out ‘seriously’ to me and I nodded. So then she wrote something down slid it to me. I opened it and smiled at her signature hand writing that I loved.

Nick, that’s amazing!!! I’m so happy for you guys! :D

But they wanted us to start recording today, after school so you and I cant even hang out for our first Valentines Day together

I passed it to her and acted like I was listening to what the teacher was saying as she quickly wrote something down and passed it back.

Don’t worry about it! I swear Nicholas Jerry Jonas you better go to that recording and sing your heart out and not think about me, I’ll be fine and besides…you can always make it up to me ;)

Well it will be pretty hard not to think about you while I sing ‘please be mine’…but are you sure you’re o.k. with this?

Of course I am! I’m so happy that you’re doing this, I want you to go and sing loud and proud and then you can call me tonight or you can tell me tomorrow if it gets too late tonight


Then the bell rang and everyone stood up.

“Nick, that’s so amazing, I’m so happy for you, I really am, we’re talking about this more at lunch but now I have to go to ELA right away because the stupid class is in the library for the day and its on the other side of the school, so I’ll see you in the cafeteria,” she said in a fast pace and hugged me quickly before rushing out of the classroom.
---------------
At lunch Rachael wasn’t lying, she brought it up right away and I gave her a few more details and she was over joyed for me and I think that if I didn’t have her support on this I wouldn’t be able to go through with it. We sat at our regular table with the others {Alex, John, Luke, Melissa, Kayla and Brittany} and we just entered their conversations and let the topic drop. Lets just say our friends didn’t like it when we {or I} talked about getting a record deal because then they didn’t like the idea of me being busy all the time. So I was really happy that Rea was around, because otherwise I don’t think I would feel any support from my friends except maybe just a little from John, Luke and Melissa.

After school Rachael and I got home and got off the bus to see my family waiting in the van for me. Rachael gave me a hug and whispered

“Good luck, you’ll be excellent,”, we pulled away and I kissed her lips quickly before running off to my family and she waved gently as she watched us drive away.

Rachael’s POV
I was so happy for Nick, Joe and Kevin. This could be a huge break for all of them. I knew Nick was nervous…heck I was nervous. I couldn’t even concentrate on my homework and when mom attempted to make dinner {notice I say ‘attempted’} I couldn’t eat…even if I wanted to eat it, I couldn’t. I love her and all but she sucks at cooking. I’ve tried sitting down on my bed, doing my homework but every time I did, I read a few words of my ELA book and them I’d get restless and start pacing back and forth in my room. You have no idea how much I was nervous and I don’t even know why…wait yea I do, because my boyfriend had the chance of a lifetime! I looked at my clock and saw it was 7:00, how could it take 4 hours to record a stupid cd? I guess I wouldn’t really know. I looked at the ceiling and began to reminisce.

“What were you doing talking to Greg?" Nick snapped when we got into the cafeteria.

“Nothing, he just had a question about the math assignment, no big deal,” I said and shrugged it off as we got to our table and set out books down.

“Rea, Greg is exceptionally smart, I doubt he had a question about the math assignment, he was hitting on you,” he accused.

“Nicholas, I know you and I are together but that doesn’t mean I cant talk to other guys” I said.

“I know that…but ugh! I just don’t like it when other guys flirt with my girlfriend,” he muttered to himself more than to me.

“Wait…girlfriend?" I asked as a smile played on my lips.

“Well…I was planning on asking you…” he said shyly.

“Well go ahead…I’m waiting” I sang.

“You still want me to ask you?"

“Well I’m certainly not going to ask," I said and crossed my arms across my chest.

“Rachael…do you want to be my girlfriend?" he asked as the blush rose to his cheek and my expression softened.

“I’d love to Nick,” I replied and kissed his cheek.

That was our first half-fight.

I re-opened my eyes and sighed as I smiled at the memory. Then a few taps on my window interrupted my thoughts and I jumped up. I walked over to it and opened it. I looked down to see Nick holding pebbles in his hand and I smiled.

“Hey Juliet thy love is so sweet now come down here so I can kiss your feet,” he whispered up to me and I had to cover my mouth from laughing too loud.

“Give me two seconds and I’ll be down there Romeo,” I said and quickly ran out of my room, downstairs and outside into Nick’s open arms.

“Oh my gosh, how’d it go, tell me all, leave no detail out, where are Kevin and Joe? Why aren’t they here to tell me how it went too?"

“There’s a reason why I came alone…but I’ll tell you that part in a minute…do you want to know how it went from the beginning?" he asked.

“Duh! Of course I do!” I exclaimed and pulled him down so we were sitting on the grass and he started to tell me about it.
-------------
“…and we’ve been going back and forth between Sons of Jonas, or the Jonas Brothers…what do you think, because your opinion means most to me…to us actually,” he aid after he explained everything.

“The Jonas Brothers definitely, Sons of Jonas sounds too much like the Beatles but the Jonas brothers…now that is a great name for a band,” I said and he laughed.

“Okay I’ll let the guys know,” he said.

“Nick this is absolutely amazing!” I exclaimed.

“Yea…we still have to fix a few things the studio told us to fix and we’re going back…I think they said it would hit stores either the end of this year or the beginning of 2006...” he started saying and there was that same big smile on his face.

But then, for the first time during our excitement and our conversation, his smile faltered slightly. “Nick…what’s wrong? Aren’t you happy and excited? This is your dream,” I stated.

“I know it is and of course I’m happy and I’m ecstatic but…there’s kind of a catch…”
“What? What’s the catch?" I said gently.

“It’s short notice but all year Joe, Kevin and I have to go on tours, it‘s nothing big really…we’ll be opening for Kelly Clarkson, Jesse McCartney, the Backstreet Boys and The Click Five for the first part of the year and then we’ll be opening for some others for the second part of the year,” he said.

“No way! Nick what’s the catch about that? That’s great! Those are amazing singers!" I exclaimed.

“But you and I wont see each other for weeks at a time,” he said gently and my excitement toned down once I realized what he was getting at.

“Oh,” I said quietly.

“Yea…”

“So…what do you want to do…about us”

“I don’t know…everything seems so great and at place right now…”

“I know…” was all I said we were silent. “Well we know you’re going on those tours,” I muttered.

“Why would I do that?" he asked and my head shot up to look at him like he was crazy.

“Nick, you’re going on those tours, I wont let you put me first”

“What if I want to put you first?"

“I don’t care, you wont because I’m not letting you throw away the opportunity you’ve been waiting for just because I don’t want to be away from you, it’s not happening”

“Why not? What if I didn’t want to go? Maybe I just wanted to stay here with you instead,” he raised his vice a little.

“Because it would be a lie!"

“How would it be a lie? I love you! I want to just spend time with you and only you!" he shouted and when he said those three words again, it made my heart stop.

“If you stay here with me, you’ll regret it in the future and I don’t want you to regret something just because of a stupid choice you made based on me,” I said more gently but still with anger as I stood up slowly and he did the same.

“Are you trying to get rid of me or something?" he asked and I scowled.

“What? Why would I do that?"

“Maybe because you’re waiting for me to leave so you could make a move on some other guy,” he said and I was taken back by it.

“What? Are you crazy? Nick I wouldn’t do that and you know that!"

“Do I Rachael? Do I really? You seem to have been getting pretty cozy with that Greg guy lately,” he said and I scoffed.

“I cant believe you think I would stoop so low as to taking advantage of your absence by getting with other guys,” I said and spun around and was about to walk away.

“What? No good night kiss?" he asked sarcastically and bitterly.

“Kiss this,” I said and spun around, slapping him in the face with my hand so hard that it left a red mark. “Good night Nicholas,” I snapped and walked into my house, leaving him there, stunned.

That was our first real fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please

<<333