Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

How We Survived It

My POV

I cant believe that just happened. I walked into the house in a huff and Kevin and Joe were. “Hey how’s Ra…” Joe started to say.

“She’s fine,” I snapped and stomped my way up to my room.

I shut the door and started pacing back and forth. How could something so great be so bad? Of course I wanted to go on those tours but I didn’t want to leave Rachael behind. It isn’t fair how the company wouldn’t let her be signed with us. This is her dream too but I’m the one living it…I shouldn’t have yelled at her though. She was just thinking about what she thinks I should do…she wants me to be happy, I know that but she thinks I wouldn’t be happy if I I stayed here with her instead of going away for a while on tour. Would she be right? Rachael is usually right but would she be right about this?

“Nick?" I heard Joe ask.

“Come in,” I muttered and Joe and Kevin came in and shut the door.

“What happened?" Kevin asked.

“We got into a fight,” I said with my back still toward them.

“What about?" he asked.

“The tours”

“She didn’t like the idea of you leaving?" Joe questioned.

“No she was excited and over-joyed for me,” I snapped as I spun around to face them.

“Then what’s the problem,” he asked.

“That is the problem! She wants me to go! Even if it means we wont see each other for God knows how long” I exclaimed as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Oh well dang her for being such a supportive girlfriend” Joe said sarcastically.
“Yea Nick, most of the other girls would have gone ballistic and they would’ve broken up with you then and there” Kevin said

“But Rea isn’t like more girls and she’s happy for you and she wants you to be happy, what’s so wrong with that?" Joe asked.

“I…I don’t know…nothing is wrong with that but I think I would miss her too much…”

“But if she wants you to go, you should go…you know Rachael would tell you if she thought you shouldn’t go,” Kevin said.

“Yea…I guess you’re right,” I said.

“That’s why you’ll apologize to her tomorrow”

“Yea I know,” I sighed.

“Now that we got that out of the way, why is your face all red?" Joe asked but then he burst out laughing. “Did she slap you?" he laughed and I just rolled my eyes at him.

“Yes, she slapped me now get out,” I said and they both left, snickering.
------------------
The next morning I woke up, feeling horrible. I didn’t get much sleep because the fight with Rachael really had me on edge. We have never fought before…we never even fought when we weren’t together…this was our first fight as boyfriend and girlfriend and as friends…and I hated every part of it. We were doing so well without fighting…tomorrow would be the point of two months {since we’ve been together} and I was very satisfied without fighting. Why is it that when your friends with a girl, fights don’t happen right away but when you’re in a relationship with one, they happen quicker and they’re more painful…I made a mental note to ask Kevin about that.

I took a shower and thanked God that it was Saturday. I walked out of my bathroom with a towel around my waist and shook my hair a little as I walked into my room but I jumped and yelped a little when I saw Rea laying there on my bed.

“Rachael what are you doing here? And who let you in?" I questioned as I shut my door.

“Nick? Are you kidding? I let myself in of course…your parents went out with Frankie, Joe’s still asleep and Kevin is downstairs playing with his guitar, he’s the one who said it was o.k. for me to come up,” she said as she stood up and came over to me at my dresser.

I was so comfortable around Rachael that I didn’t even care that I was in a towel…which I should have probably cared about. “I already picked out an outfit for you to wear…you don’t have to wear it but I got bored,” she said as she handed me an outfit and of course since it’s Rachael, she was right about what I wanted to wear.

She has picked out my clothes before and at first, it was really weird and she felt bad about it being awkward because she went through my boxer drawer but now we’re so close, we don’t even let stuff like that make it awkward between us.

“Thanks,” I muttered as I took the clothes from her.

She spun around, jumped onto my bed and dug her head into my pillow and I started to change. We’ve done that before too…change in the same room as each other…any other guy would stoop low enough to take advantage of that but I didn’t want to disrespect her like that, I was raised better.

“Umm…I’m sorry,” she said suddenly and I was taken back by it.

“You’re sorry? Why are you sorry?" I asked as I buttoned my pants and then put my shirt on.

“I don’t know…last night…it just turned horribly bad…but it was supposed to be a night to celebrate because you had great news,” she said and I sat down on the bed, beside her so she took that as her cue to turn her head, so she could look at me.

“Rea you have no reason to be sorry…I’m sorry…you were just thinking of what you thought was best…”

“Of course I was,” she said and shot up so she was kneeling and facing me. “Nick I would never say you should do something if I really thought you shouldn’t…you know that right?" she asked gently and her look was so sincere, I got lost in her eyes and almost forgot to respond.

“I know…and I’m sorry, I took your response the wrong way…I know you’re happy for me…”

“Of course I am stupid, I am so proud of you and you should know that”

“I do know that…and I’m lucky…”

“Why do you say that?" she said and cocked her head to the side which always caused me to lose my train of thought.

“Because most girls would have broken up with me right away…they wouldn’t have been as happy for me as you are…and I’m lucky to have such a supportive girlfriend,” I said and smiled at her as she blushed a little and avoided my eyes.

Okay so I stole Joe and Kevin’s words, so sue me.

“Well don’t forget it,” she said and jumped up so she was sitting side by side with me and she punched my arm lightly and I laughed and tackled her down on the bed and started tickling her as she started laughing.

When I stopped, I was hovering over her and I looked at her lips as she looked at mine and then I kissed her and she kissed back. Then we pulled away.

“And I’m sorry for slapping you so hard,” she said shyly and smiled lightly but I just chuckled.

“It’s alright…just don’t do it again”

“What if you deserve it?"

“If I deserve it, then, okay,” I said and she smiled at me and I kissed her again.

That’s how we survived our first fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are appreciated
and maybe a banner too :)

<<333