Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Listen To Your Heart

Rachael’s POV

Twenty-eight full days, ten hours, thirty-three minutes and twenty-two seconds in counting…that’s how long Nick and I have been apart. Eight more days until he’s back home but even then, he’s not staying long, after three days, he’s back on tour for the second half of the year. He texted me and called me whenever he could. I knew his schedule so if he called at two in the morning, I did my best to perk up and answer his call. They were actually starting to get noticed little by little and I smiled every time I heard someone talking about them performing at a concert. I missed Nick {and his brothers} so much…I loved him…and I know I’m only in middle school and most adults will most likely think I’m crazy and they might think that middle school romances never last, but I really do love Nick…but it doesn’t help my case now that he’s all famous. I know Denise is supportive of us and she’ll support whatever happens between Nick and I…my mother though…she’s supportive but not supportive at the same time. She has her moments where she gives great advice and supports me all the way…but then she has her negative moments and tells me not to get my hopes up. My thoughts aggravated me.

“Ugh!" I shouted in aggravation as I laid upside down on my bed so my head was hanging off the side.

“What’s wrong hon?" mom asked as she was walking by but stopped and came in. “Missing Nick?" she questioned as I sat up and faced her.

“I don’t know what to do mom! I’ve never actually had a celebrity for a boyfriend, should I really be doing this? Waiting for him to come home from tour…or should I break up with him,” I said, ending in a more gentle tone as she sat down beside me.

“Honey…it’s easy…listen to your heart…do what it tells you...it's easy,” she said and I just started analyzing her words and thinking about them…if only it was that easy.

“Come on, go out, see what your friends are doing,” she said and pushed me up. “Fine,” I sighed.

Then I walked out of my room, out of the house and I started walking. I saw Melissa, Kayla and Brittany with the guys, where we hung out most of the time, outside of Melissa’s house. They all turned toward me and smiled so I smiled back.

“Hey Rea Rea,” Alex teased and I stuck my tongue out at him.

“You know I don’t like being called Rea Rea”

“I’ve heard Joe call you that before”

“Yea well that’s Joe, it’s different for him, call me that again and see what happens," I joked.

“Ouch, does Nick know about your feisty moments?" he questioned.

“Yea I highly doubt he’d be with you if he knew,” Kayla muttered.

“Well he knows, I just don’t show it much when I’m around him because there’s no need to,” I said, trying to ignore her tone.

After all this time, Kayla hasn’t been a big fan of mine…neither has Brittany but she’s better than Kayla. I guess they still have a thing for Nick, even though they could have any guy they wanted in school, they decided they want Nick. I don’t say anything and I guess I don’t really mind because I know they’re not Nick’s type but they still annoy me and are bitchy.

“Just leave her alone,” John said.

“Yea, come on Kayla, that’s not cool,” Melissa said.

“Yea, stop being a bitch,” Luke added.

“Even I’m not that low,” Alex concluded.

Which was true. He teases me a lot and I said it would be okay if he did it when Nick wasn’t around but he doesn’t go as low as Kayla does and start dissing me.

“Yea but you don’t have a crush on Nick Alex,” Luke said with a smirk.

“Very true my friend, poor Kayla, she never had a chance,” Alex agreed.

“Hey don’t be hating on Kayla, you’re just jealous that you never had a chance with Rachael,” Brittany defended.

“You’re so right Brit, I’m so jealous”

“And Nick only asked Rachael out because he felt bad for her,” Brit added and I kind of felt anger toward her.

I was about to protest but everyone {except her and Kayla} started laughing.

“Brittany, you might not want to believe it but Rachael is the prettiest girl in school and all the guys are so jealous that Nick got to her first so I don’t know where you have been,” John said.

“But you’re so right Brit, I feel bad for her so hey Rea wanna go out for lunch sometime,” Alex asked as he wiggled his eyebrows and I giggled.

“I’d love to” I said.

“Cool, we could double date”

“With who?"

“Melissa and John” he said and John looked at Mel.

“What do ya say? Wanna double date?" John asked with a smirk that any girl would swoon over.

“Sure,” she said with a smile and both Brittany and Kayla had their jaws dropped.

“Too bad you two don’t have dates, you could tag along,” Alex said as he slung his arm around my shoulders but he was so sarcastic about it.

“Well Luke doesn’t have a date either,” Kayla mentioned.

“Luke has a girlfriend, he could come along, we could triple date,” he countered.

“I’m sure Ces would love that” Luke spoke up.

He’s been steady with this girl Francesca for a while now, she was really pretty and really nice so I approved.

“Okay guys that’s enough, you all had your fun, now leave them around,” I said with a small smile, defending Brittany and Kayla. “Why are you still here? You both obviously don’t like me,” I added.

“We shouldn't have to be the ones to leave,” Kayla spat.

“But miss Rachael is just so likable and so popular, there’s no way we can compete with you,” Brittany added.

“But I’m not trying to compete, I’m just trying to hang out with friends…but if you really don’t like me then I‘ll just leave,” I said.

“You will?" they both asked.

“Sure…I wish you told me this when I first came but I guess better late than never,” I said and with a shrug I started walking away.

I didn’t feel like dealing with them. I’ve never really felt anger toward anybody but when it comes to Brittany and Kayla, I come close to snapping. I went to the park nearby and sat on a swing as I began to reminisce. I remembered when Nick and I came here a bunch of times and I would sit on his lap sometimes as we swung on the swing. I swung a little and began to swing my legs and then I texted Nick, I didn’t care if he was in the middle of sleeping or anything.

Hey…I miss you

I waited a little bit and I thought he was busy but then I felt my phone vibrate.

Hey, I miss you too…is everything okay?

I smiled. He knew me too well.

I guess…we all got into a fight with Brit and Kay

What else is new?

Lol I guess you’re right

What was the fight about?

Alex kept bothering them about how their ‘jealous’ of me


I bet you enjoyed that ;)

Yea totally :P u kind of just had to be there but it ended with me telling them, if they really wanted me to, I would leave them all alone, so I just walked away and then came to the park J

I wish I was there with you

I wish you were here with me too…I started writing a song

Really? That’s great! When can I hear it?

When you come home

Okay fine :p

Haha alright, I’ll get you get back, I love you

I love you too, I’ll call you later

Okay


I looked up and I saw Melissa heading toward me. She sat on the swing next to me. “Don’t worry about Brit and Kay, they’re just being themselves,” she said.

“I know…but it’s not them that I care about”

“You miss Nick,” she stated and I just nodded. “He’ll be back soon”

“Yea but then he’s leaving again”

“And then he’ll be back again”

“But I might not be,” I murmured.

“What do you mean?" she asked.

“I think my mom wants to move again…and it wont be just down the street,” I said and her eyes popped.

“Where are you going?"

“She was thinking about Tennessee”

“Tennessee! You cant move there!" she exclaimed.

“I don’t want to…but I have to”

“Does Nick know?" she asked with a more gentle tone.

“No…I just found out my mom was thinking about it yesterday…it’s not definite but it’s a big possibility,” I said and we sat in silence.

“Rea…I want you to know…you’ve been my best friend,” she said and I just looked at her.

“You’ve been my best friend too,” I agreed and that ended our conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333