Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Finally Home

Finally! Nick’s coming home today! I don’t care that it’s just for three days, he’ll be home! I’ve been up and dressed since 8 this morning and now I’m at the Jonas’ house with Denise and Frankie, waiting for them all to come home. It’s already 1:00 and I’ve been playing with Frankie.

“They’re here!” Denise said excitedly and my face lit up as I picked Frankie up into my arms and Denise quickly took him as we ran out of the house onto the porch.

There they were. Our boys. Paul, Kevin, Joe…and finally Nick, were all getting out of their rented black jeep. I jumped off the porch as Denise quickly followed in pursuit. Nick was the first to react to my motion and he darted in my direction. I jumped into his open arms as my arms went around his neck and his wrapped around my waist and he lifted me off the ground as he spun me around. Denise was hugging all of her boys when Nick put me down and then she came over and hugged Nick as I began to hug Joe, Kevin and Paul.

After our “hellos” we brought their stuff in and Nick and I went up to his room and I was attacked in another hug.

“I missed you so much,” he said into my shoulder.

“I missed you too,” I giggled.

“Now tell me about the tours and the people and the stages and everything,” I said excitedly as I pulled him over to his bed and we both sat down.

He began to tell me about the whole thing. He told me about how he met Kelly Clarkson, Jesse McCartney, the Backstreet Boys and The Click Five. How they all gave them advice and had them feel welcome {some, more than others}. But he went on and on endlessly talking about being up on stage, performing and I smiled at his excitement and I couldn’t stop smiling. I loved seeing him so happy. He gave me extra details about Kelly because she was one of my Idols and he told me how nice and cool she was. “I am so jealous” I squealed and hit his arm as we both laughed and he continued. Joe and Kevin eventually came in and joined in with the excitement {especially Joe}.

“It was awesome! I was jumping around and didn’t even get in trouble for it”! he exclaimed.

“Yea, he likes that part the most,” Kevin added and I started laughing.

“Oh my gosh I am so overly excited and happy for you guys!" I exclaimed and hugged each of them.

“You told me you wrote a song, show us,” Nick demanded, excitedly.

“Well I wrote a couple, but I wrote one that made me think of you guys and you can use it if you like…I wrote it in a girls point of view but obviously you would change it if you were to use it,” I said as I walked out of Nick’s room and they followed me.

“I’m going to play it on the piano but I have a vision of how I really want to play it…which I will show you some other time,” I said as I danced down the stairs and to the piano.

I sat down as Nick sat next to me and Joe and Kevin were beside us. The music was already there because I’d been working on it a lot while Denise was around and she would listen to me play.

I began to play and then I started to sing gently even though this was more of a rock song.

I was sittin at home
Watchin tv all alone
So tired of re-runs
I memorized this show
My girl picked up the phone
Called everyone she knows
Said theres gonna be a party
With the music here we go

Live to party
Bust a move
Everybody’s in the groove
Tell the DJ to play my song
Are ready to rock N’ roll

We were out on the floor
As we danced the night away
Then I looked at my watch and saw that it was late
Then I pulled him aside and said I couldn’t stay
But he begged me for one more song
Let the music play

Then they began to sing with me and we were all singing gently but we started to gradually get louder and Joe started to move around and dance.

Live to party
Bust a move
Everybody’s in the groove
Tell the DJ to play our song
Now we’re ready to rock N’ roll

I started singing alone.

He drove me home
Then I whispered in his ear
The party doesn’t have to end
We can dance here


We all started singing again and now in the beginning w were gentle but then rocked out a little more.

Live to party
Bust a move
Everybody’s in the groove
Tell the DJ to play our song
Now we’re ready to rock N’ roll

Live to party
Bust a move
Everybody’s in the groove
Tell the DJ to play our song
Now we’re ready to rock N’ roll


I finished playing and laughed a little. “The beginning’s not really good, but like I said, you could change it…if you chose to use it which is totally okay too but in my head I see it as more of a rock song with drums and guitars and…well yea,” I babbled a little and we all laughed.

“Play another,” Joe insisted.

“Nope, one song per day,” I said and he pouted.

---------------------------

My POV

I was so happy to be home. I loved touring and performing and all that but I have to admit that I missed being home and being with Rachael. Now we were in my room sitting side by side on my bed, listening to my ipod with one ear bud in my ear and the other was in her ear. Then suddenly she got up and grabbed one of my guitars and started playing a small tune as she plucked the strings with delicacy using her fingers.

“This is the song I started but it’s not finished…but I wanted to play the beginning for you,” she said and I gave her my full attention as she began to sing.

You're the direction I follow
To get home
When I feel like I can't go on
You tell me to go
And it's like I can't feel a thing
Without you around
And don't mind me if I get weak in the knees
Cuz you have that affect on me
You do


She finished and set the guitar down gently. “Like I said…it’s not finished but it’s in the making…what do you think…and give your honest opinion,” she said and I just couldn’t stop smiling at her.

“It’s really good,” I said gently.

“You think so?"

“Yea,” I said, still looking into her eyes.

Then I leaned in and kissed her lightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
i will not take credit for the lyrics
they are from '6 months' by Hey Monday
they rock! :)

<<333