Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Faith

Rachael’s POV

It’s been three weeks since the move and we’re all moved in and school starts in a few days. Joe and Kevin text me constantly when they have the time…usually it’s just Joe who is texting me and he tells me that Kevin says hi…he knows not to mention Nick. I still don’t have any friends here because I haven’t tried to make any but I guess I would walk around and check out the neighborhood today. I walked out of the house and started to walk around. It was…a nice development. I was enjoying the blue sky and the trees but then I accidentally bumped into someone and fell to the ground.

“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry, I should’ve been watching where I was going…” I began to apologize but the girl I bumped into just laughed a little.

“It’s alright, really, no harm done,” she said and we both stood back up. “I haven’t seen you around here before, are you new?" she asked.

“Yea…but I moved in like three weeks ago, I just haven’t been able to make my rounds”

“Well you probably wouldn’t have seen me anyway, I travel a lot sometimes”

“Why’s that?"

“My dad…he’s kind of a rock star,” she said.

“Seriously?”

“Yea…it’s okay if you don’t believe me, most people don’t unless they see for themselves…you can come over and meet him if you want,” she said.

“I’d love to…my name’s Rachael,” I said.

“My name’s Miley…come on,” she said and began dragging me down the side walk.

We talked along the way, getting to know each other and I found out her house was just down the street from mine. We got there and I found out she lived on a farm {it was actually really cool} and we walked inside her house as she told me it was only her dad who was home at the moment but that was okay with me, I wasn’t really in the mood for meeting a whole family.

“Daddy!” she called out.

“In the kitchen bud!” a male voice called back.

“I made a new friend” she said excitedly as she pulled me in a direction.

But as soon as I saw who the male was, my jaw dropped slightly. It was Billy Ray Cyrus! I’ve heard a few of his songs and I really liked them.

“Daddy this is Rachael, she just moved in down the street,” Miley said.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Mr. Cyrus,” I said politely as I shook his hand.

“The pleasure’s all mine darlin’ where’d you move from?" he asked.

“Wyckoff, New Jersey, sir,” I replied.

“I’ve been there before, it’s nice,” he said with a smile.

“Daddy, Rachael and I are gonna hung out, we’re going to go out for a walk and I’ll show her around,” she said and then looked at me as if she asked if that was what I wanted to do and I just nodded.

“Okay bud, Rachael would you like to stay for dinner tonight?" he asked and Miley’s face lit up.

“I’d love to”

“Daddy can Rachael sleep over tonight too?" she asked. Geez, this girl’s very persistent.

“If she wants to, I don’t see why not,” he replied and we walked out of the house.

“You really didn’t have to invite me over to sleep over,” I laughed lightly.

“I wanted to, we’re friends aren’t we, I want to be best friends,” she smiled brightly.

Best friends? We just met…but I just couldn’t say I didn’t want to be best friends with her...because honestly I wanted to and I just couldn’t say no to her for some reason, it was hard.

“Best friends? Really? We don’t know much about each other,” I mentioned.

“Well I know your birthday is December 16th, you’re twelve years old and your favorite color is blue…if that’s not enough then I say we get to know each other better,” she said and I was amazed by her remembering my birthday and favorite color.

We continued walking and we learned more about each other. I told her my favorites, likes and dislikes and then she told me hers. I found out her birthday was November 23, so she was older than me by twenty-three days. I also learned her real name was Destiny Hope but everyone calls her Miley because her dad would call her “Smiley Miley”…I liked it, I thought it was cute…and plus, the name Miley suits her better. She told me her favorites and I also found out she’s a cheer leader for the middle school. Cheer leading isn’t really my thing but it’s hers so I didn’t say anything about it. She told me about her family too.

Her mom’s name is Tish, but Tish is actually Miley’s step-mother and Miley has an older step-brother {Trace} and an older step-sister {Brandi}. She has a half-brother named Christopher who she doesn’t see much. She also has a younger brother {Braison} and a younger sister {Noah}. Soon enough we were laughing and joking around like we’ve been best friends for years. I was a little uneasy about letting her in so easily but it was hard not to, she was so funny and friendly. These past weeks, my mind was always on my old life in New Jersey but ever since I met Miley {not even twenty-four hours ago}, I didn’t think about that life once.

We got to my house and walked in. “Mom, I have a friend!” I called and within seconds, she was in front of us. “Mom this is Miley,” I introduced.

“It’s nice to meet you Miley,” mom said.

“Same here,” Miley replied with her Tennessee accent.

“I’m eating at her house tonight and sleeping over,” I said as I started to pull Miley away.

"Okay hon,” she said as Miley and I walked into my room.

“I like your room,” she said and I laughed lightly.

“It isn’t anything special,” I said as I packed pajamas and clothes for tomorrow.

“I still think it’s nice,” she said and I just smiled.

I finished packing my clothes and my toothbrush into my small bag and we left.

By the time we got back to her house, I found out her family was back and her mom had started cooking. I noticed it was already 5:00.

“Mom this is Rachael,” Miley said.

“Hi there, how are you dear?”

“I’m good and you?”

“Very well thank you, I heard you moved in recently, are you settled?”

“Yes I am,” I replied and then she said dinner was done so we all sat down and we were served and I learned a little bit about the Cyrus’ and they learned about me and included me in their conversations here and there.

“Do you go to church hon?" Tish asked.

“Yes I do, my mom doesn’t because she doesn’t seem to have the time but I go whenever I can”

“Well you’re always more than welcome to come with us,” she said.

“I’d really like that”

“Daddy can I go show Rachael the horses?" Miley asked.

“I think that’s a good idea, but don’t stay out too late, it’s getting dark,” he said and I followed Miley out.

“You have horses?" I asked.

“Of course…would you like to ride one? I know the perfect horse for you,” she said as we began walking toward the stalls.

“I’d love to,” I said excitedly and she laughed.

“Good”

“But umm…I’ve never actually ridden a horse by myself before”

“Don’t worry, I’ll show you, it’s easy,” she said and I smiled and nodded. “Come on,” she said and we began to run.

We got to the stables and there were about nine horses in there but she went straight to a beautiful white horse.

“This is my horse, Tyrus, you can pet him, he wont bite” she said and I slowly approached the stallion and gently pet him. “I’ll show you the horse you can ride,” she said and she led me to another spot and we looked over the gate at a beautiful mare.

She was a light brown and her mane was a little darker. “She’s new and we haven’t even named her yet”

“She’s beautiful,” I said as I just stared at the horse.

Then before I could do anything, she opened the gate and led me inside the stall. “Go on, pet her,” Miley urged but I took two small steps as the horse watched me carefully.

I put my hand up but before I could get closer, the horse came to me and placed her nose under my hand so I began to pet her and I smiled as Miley danced around a little.

“She is so your horse!” she exclaimed.

“What? I cant have a horse,” I said like she was crazy…probably because she was.

“Course you can, you can name her and everything and you can just leave her here and if I’m not home then you can just come on back whenever you like”

“Really Miley?” I asked.

“Of course,” she said.

“What should I name her?" I asked.

“Whatever you want, come on, lets get suit up and we’ll go riding,” she said and I nodded.

We both got our horses ready {she helped me and showed me what to do of course} and then we got our horses out in the field. She easily got on the back of hers but when I tried to, I struggled a little and my horse had to even bend down a little so I could get on and then finally managed to sit up straight on the back and Miley was laughing at me. I scoffed.

“Don’t laugh”

“Sorry,” she said, still laughing and I just rolled my eyes at her.

“So what now?" I asked.

Then she instructed what to do and I didn’t each step slowly and carefully but eventually I got the hang of it and Miley and I were racing around the open field. I loved being on the back of the horse, it felt amazing. After a while of riding, Miley and I both put our horses away and we walked out of the stables, laughing.

“I think I want to name her Faith”

“It’s a perfect name,” she said as we walked back into her house.

“Dad, the new horse that we got is now Rachael’s and she named her Faith”

“I hope that’s okay, Miley aid that she could be mine and…” I was about to continue babbling but he chuckled.

“It’s a brilliant idea darlin’,” he said and I just smiled. I saw it was already 8:30 as Miley and I walked up to her room.

We put on our pajamas and she began to paint my toe nails as we just talked randomly. I don’t think I’ve ever actually had a girl sleep over before…I’ve always slept over Nick’s house but I never did anything like this with anyone.

“Tell me a secret,” she said suddenly.

“Okay umm I’ve never actually done this before…the whole, girl sleep over thing”

“Seriously? Didn’t you have any girl friends in New Jersey?”

“Yea I had a few but my best friend there was Nick and I always slept over his house but we never painted each others nails…we painted his brothers nails sometimes for fun but that’s it”

“Oh a boy? Was he just a friend?” she asked with a smirk as she looked at me and then back down at my nails.

“Well…we were together, yea"

“Give me details,” she pushed and put the cap back on the bottle.

“Well…we were best friends for a year, then on my twelfth birthday, he wrote be a song and basically asked me out, I said yes, and we were pretty good for a few months but then my mom told me we were moving…I told Nick and…he wasn’t too happy…we got into this big argument and…it just didn’t end well,” I said and felt a few tears build up in my eyes.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she said sincerely. “Look, if he couldn’t be there for you when you needed him then he isn’t worth it,” she said and I took the risk and looked at her.

“You’re right…”

“Lets talk about something else,” she said and the smile re-appeared on her face.

We continued to talk and laugh the whole night.

That was the day I became best friends with Miley Cyrus.
♠ ♠ ♠
im warning you that most of it will be in Rachael's POV now and there will be multiple time jumps...big ones...but just hang in there with me :)