Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Forget Me Not

That night, Miley was asleep and I was close to it but I felt my phone vibrating and I saw I had a text from Joe.

Hey Chief, hows it goin??…Kev says hi

It’s going great! Today I made a friend, her name is Miley and we’re like best friends now, all in one day, I made a best friend and got a horse!

You got a horse?!?! No way!

Way! It was Miley’s but she said it could be mine and I named her Faith, she’s so beautiful, I’ll take a picture of her and send it to you tomorrow

You better! Kevin says that’s so cool!

Lol tell him I miss him tons!

What? Don’t miss me anymore?

Of course I miss you, you’re my right hand wing man and Kevin’s my left hand, so I miss you both equally

Lol and don’t you forget it!

I laughed quietly.

Give everyone my love, and I’ll talk to you soon Joe

Will do Rea Rea


And with that, I shut my eyes and fell asleep.

------------------------------------

Another week has gone by and Miley and I have become inseparable. We’re always hanging out and now that we’re going to Heritage Middle School together and since we have most classes with each other, it’s hard for you not to see one of us without the other. She even got me to try out for cheer leading…it’s not bad…but it’s not my favorite sport either. I also tried out for soccer and I made both! Can you believe that? I didn’t think I would but I did. We both walked into my house to drop my stuff off so we could go straight to her house and ride our horses.

“Going to Miley’s, mom!” I called.

“Wait…you got something in the mail…I think you should see it, I set it down on your bed, I didn’t touch it though,” she said and Miley and I both exchanged looks and shrugged.

So then we both ran up the stairs and into my room. There, I saw a beautiful blue flower laying gently on top of an envelope. “Go on, open it,” Miles urged. So I quickly got to it, picked up the flower and then opened the envelope. The letter was from Nick.

Rachael,

I didn’t want to leave things like that. When we fought…I was saying things and I didn’t know why I was saying them. I hope you’re okay in Tennessee and I’ll always miss you and be thinking about you. I’ll understand if you don’t want to talk to me ever again but I just needed to tell you that I was sorry. The flower you got is called a ‘Forget Me Not’, look up the meaning if you don’t know…but I’m pretty sure you know. There should be another surprise for you in the envelope. It’s a promise, saying you’ll never forget me and you’ll always love me…even if it’s not as much as you used to and you love me just for me…nothing more. Keep all of my stuff that I have ever given you. Who knows? Maybe we’ll see each other again…weather you want to or not.

Love Always,
Nick J.


“Forget Me Not flower…faithful love, memories, remember me forever,” she said as she read the definition off the computer in my room.

“Awe…and this is the Nick that broke your heart?” she questioned as I handed her the note so she could read it.

I just nodded and then looked inside the envelope and pulled out a ring that said ‘Forever. Love Nick’. I smiled as I smelled the flower.

------------------

Days passed and it came to October when I went over to Miley’s house and she ran up to me. “I have to talk to you,” was all she said and we ran upstairs to her room.

“What’s wrong?" I laughed.

“I’m auditioning for a part in this show and I’d really like it if you came with,” she said really fast.

“What kind of a show?" I asked.

“A show on Disney Channel called Hannah Montana, please, please, please come with me, I need your support,” she said.

“Miles I’d love to come with you, this is great!” I exclaimed and we both started to dance around. “When’s the audition?" I asked.

“In three hours”

“It’s today?!” I exclaimed. “Why didn’t you tell me you were even doing this in the first place?”

“Because I didn’t want to tell you, then try and audition but end up not going, so now that I’m going I need you to come with,” she said.

“Okay okay I’ll come”

“I’m so nervous”

“Miley! Deep breath! You’ll do fine, they’ll be crazy to not give you that part,” I said and she just nodded.

“Lets get your mind off it, how about we ride for a little bit and then an hour before we leave, we’ll come back inside so you can get ready,” I suggested and she nodded.

So we both went to the stables, got on our horses and began to ride around. I kept Miley distracted but I kept track of the time. When it came to 5:00 we got off the horses, showered, got dressed and before we knew it, her dad was driving us to the audition and both Billy ray and I kept Miley distracted and then we got there. We walked in calmly and sat down as we waited for her name to be called. Billy Ray brought in his guitar and I got an idea.

“Hey, I finished a song, do you wanna hear it?” I asked as he handed me the guitar.

“Wow you’re actually letting me hear one?” she questioned sarcastically.

“Yes,” I said and made a face at her and she laughed and waited for me to start and I started playing the guitar as I began to sing.

You're the direction I follow
To get home
When I feel like I can't go on
You tell me to go
And it's like I can't feel a thing
Without you around
And don't mind me if I get weak in the knees
Cuz you have that affect on me
You do

Everything you say
Every time we kiss I can't think straight
But I'm ok
And I can't think of anybody else
Who I hate to miss
As much as I hate missing you

Months going strong now
And no goodbye
Unconditional, unoriginal
Always by my side
Meant to be together
Meant for no one but each other
You love me
I love you harder so

Everything you say
Every time we kiss I can't think straight
But I'm okay
And I can't think of anybody else
Who I hate to miss
As much as I hate missing you

So please give me your hands
So please give me a lesson on how to steal
Steal a heart as fast as you stole mine
As you stole mine

Oh and everything you say
Every time we kiss I can't think straight
But I’m okay
And I can't think of anybody else
Who I hate to miss
As much as I hate missing you
So please give me your hands
So please just take my hand

Miley started jumping up and down as she clapped excitedly.

“Rach I knew you could sing but I didn’t know that good and you wrote that song, that was such a good song,” Miley said.

“It’s really nothing,” I said as I blushed a little.

“Rea that was great! You’re really talented, you’re meant to be in the business,” Billy Ray said and I blushed even more.

“I think I’ll stick to being the subtle song writer,” I said and carefully handed Billy Ray back his guitar. Then before they could protest, someone called her name.

“Miley Cyrus?” a voice called. Immediately she tensed up.

“You’ll do great,” I said and we all walked in together.

--------------------

Miley got the role. I was over-joyed for her…then I realized she was moving to California. She was going to have the house in California and keep her house here but now her grand parents were going to live in it.

“You should really try to convince your mom to let you come with us, you have the potential to go really far Rach,” she said.

“I cant…I don’t think I can just leave my mom,” I said.

“Alright,” she said with a nod. “But we’ll text all the time and keep in touch and you’ve met my grand parents before already so they know that Faith is your house…I’ll miss you,” she said.

“I’ll miss you too Miles…but it’s not good bye, just see you later, you better visit a lot,” I said and we hugged.

We’ve been friends for what? Three months? How come it’s so hard? I’ll miss having her around…she’s my best friend. Yea, it made me think of Melissa…but I guess Mel and I weren’t as close as Miley and I are. Then we let go and I hugged Billy ray…having him hug me reminded me of my own father…but I couldn’t picture his hug clearly. Then I hugged Tish and said my good byes to Miley’s siblings.

“You have a talent, remember that,” Billy Ray said and I watched as they drove off.

---------------------

Days flew by like they were nothing. Miley and I texted all the time and she told me about California and about her days, filming and she said that her new friends who are on the show with her are really nice and funny. I missed her tons but I was happy for her. I went over and said hello to Miley’s grandparents before I took out Faith for a run. I went through the woods with her and just enjoyed the nature.

“So girl, where do we go from here?” I questioned out loud.

I found it really comforting to talk to her, it felt like she could understand me.

“I know mom’s bound to want to move again soon…I don’t know how much of this I can take…I hate moving…especially when I get close to other kids,” I explained and she grunted in response.

“Yea…maybe I should speak up now and then…but she has her own reasons for moving…” She grunted again.

“You sound like Nick…always trying to get me to speak my mind and not be selfless...I guess it’s just a little hard” she made a lot of noise and jumped a bit.

“Okay okay I’ll do my best to do that,” I said and she grunted again but this time it was lighter and I laughed a little.

"I’m glad you approve”

PAGE BREAK----------------------

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I was right…we were moving again. I wouldn’t even be able to tell you how many times we’ve moved. Everything was packed already and I was on my way to say good bye to Faith. I walked in and told Mileys grandparents, they both hugged me and then I went around back to Faith. As soon as I opened her stall, she seemed to get really excited.

“Hey girl,” I said and began to pet her as she pushed her nose toward me. I sighed. “I’m moving again,” I said and as if she understood, her excitement vanished.

“I think it’s still in Nashville but I think, its in another part…I’m not too sure…but I wanted to come by and say good bye before I left,” I said and she made a sad sound.

“I promise I’ll visit when I can…and I promise I’ll try to speak my mind more…how about we go out for one last run before I leave,” I suggested and that seemed to make her happy.

I got saddled up and walked Faith outside as I gave Tyrus a pet good bye and then walked outside. I got on Faith and she began to run as I took in the feeling of flying…I’ll never forget the feeling.
♠ ♠ ♠
lyrics: 6 Months by Hey Monday

comments please