Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Dont Need Them

Rachael’s POV

Once we were all ready, Big Rob took me, Nick, Joe, Kevin and Miley to the mall, where we shopped around and just walked. Fans came up to us left and right, asking for autographs and we gladly gave them. After our small mall trip, Big Rob took us to a mini race track and go-carts were already set up for us. Denise, Paul, Billy Ray and Anna were already there with Frankie, waiting for us. We all raced over to them and were handed helmets by a few workers and they set us up on the go-carts, Frankie even joined us. We all got on our go-carts.

“You all are so going down,” Joe shouted over the engines.

“Oh no, I don’t think so Joe, you are going down,” I challenged.

“You both are going down,” Nick added.

“I’m so not losing to two girls,” Joe teased and Nick made a face at him.

“You all can beat each other but I’m going to be the one waiting at the finish line for you,” Kevin chimed in.

“Psh yea right!” Miley countered.

“Not if I have anything to say about it!” Frankie shouted and he was already speeding off.

“Hey!” we all complained and chased after him.

We all made the turns, swerved around big blocks and we were doing our best to keep up with one another. Nick, Joe and I were ahead with Kevin, Miley and Frankie right on our tails.

“Hey Joe, there are some girls over there, watching!” I shouted.

“I’m not falling for that one Rea rea”

“Fine, don’t believe me…but they might walk away if they don’t see that it’s Joe Jonas who’s the one in the go-cart” I shouted back and I knew he couldn’t resist.

Hesitantly he turned his head in the direction and when he did, I turned the wheel and bumped into him lightly, causing him to go off track and onto the grass in the middle of the track.

“Cheater!” he shouted and I just laughed as I kept going but Nick was keeping up.

We were both neck and neck but Kevin was trying so badly to come up on the sides of us but we kept swerving in front of him so he couldn’t do it. Miley was having trouble turning the wheel and she accidentally swerved into Frankie, then Kevin, causing them all to spin and burn out. As Nick and I continued going, I could hear all of them laughing. I looked over at Nick and winked at him as he smiled back and we sped off. Two of the most competitive people here, racing on go-carts on a track. We were so close to the finish line…then when we got there, it was a tie.

We both came to a stop and high fived each other as we got out of the carts. “You are such a cheater,” Joe accused with a playful smile as they all came over to us. I scoffed.

“I am not, it’s not my fault you lost control and went off track”

“That did not happen!”

“Sure…whatever helps you sleep at night,” I said and he glared playfully at me.

“Okay kids, we should probably head to the venue…while we double check everything you can have some more free time,” Anna said and we all just nodded.

We got to the venue and as the adults and crew checked everything, we got the band over to us and we started a friendly game of kickball. It was a lot of fun and Joe, Nick and I were all on the same team and we won so at the end we started our little “victory dance” as everyone just laughed at us. I turned toward Joe and we did our handshake…the one we made like 3 years ago. We slapped hands, then went back and the backs of our hands hit, we high fived, then bumped fists and wiggled our fingers as we brought our hands up to the side of our heads…it might sound confusing but it’s not really as complex as you think. Then I just continued laughing.

---------------

Tonight started off pretty well. No one was being late and everything seemed to be working fine but I felt like I was a little behind because Nick kept me in his dressing room for a period of time before letting me go get ready. We were playing some kind of numbers game and a bunch of hand games. It was kind of weird of him but I didn’t question it…although I was mad at him for making me feel behind. I was doing last minute touches to Miley’s makeup and hair when the guys were called onto the stage. “I almost forgot” she said and walked over to a small drawer and pulled out a tiny box and handed it to me.

“Happy birthday,” she smiled.

I smiled back and took the lid off. I pulled out a small beaded bracelet that said ‘Best Friends 4 Life’.

“Miles, I love it…thank you,” I said and hugged her.

“It’s an ankle bracelet or it can be a normal bracelet, it’s made to be both so I just thought you’d like it”

“I do…thank you,” I said and pulled away.

“So didn’t you just love Nick’s present” she said as we walked out and I put the bracelet on my wrist.

“Yes, I absolutely loved it,” I agreed.

“Good,” she said.

We started to run as we realized we were going too slow and then all of a sudden we saw the guys come running toward us and we panicked. We all ran faster but the floors were just waxed so we began sliding and Miley and I both dropped to our knees and started sliding down the hallway as the guys slid on their feet. When we met in the middle, they turned around and followed us.

“Come on Rea,” Kevin urged.

“I’m going, I’m going,” I told him.

We got to the stage as the music to my song ‘Jump To The Music’ began playing. I got onto the stage as the crowd was going wild and I smiled brightly as I began to sing.

I continued singing my songs until it was time for Nick, Joe and Kevin to come back on. The crowd was cheering uncontrollably as I looked left to right but the guys weren’t in sight. But then I heard the cheering get louder and I turned around to see Nick, Joe, Kevin and Miley rising up on a platform but they were behind a silver cart that had a cake on it.

“Everybody…we’d like to point out something really important,” Kevin announced into his head set.

“It’s Rachael’s birthday today!” Joe and Miley both shouted and the cheers got louder.

“My best friend is officially fifteen and we didn’t get the chance to give her a proper birthday so we thought we’d have it with all of you!” Nick added and I laughed a little as he lit the one candle on the cake.

“Happy Birthday…” Nick started and then everyone joined in. “…to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Rachael…happy birthday to you” everyone ended and began clapping and cheering.

By now they were all in front of me and I looked at the cake. It was vanilla cake with chocolate frosting…my favorite. It said ‘Happy Birthday Rea Rea’ in fancy letters and it had a big picture of Joe, Kevin, Nick and I in the middle. In one corner it had a picture of me and Miley and in another corner it was a picture of me and Taylor with a small note under it, which said…

‘I’m sorry I couldn’t be there for your birthday, I really am, but I’ll make it up to you. Text me to tell me how it all goes.
Love Always,
Taylor


I laughed a little and then blew out the candle. Then I hugged Miley, Kevin, Joe and then Nick.

“She asked me if I could write the note for her, she feels really bad about missing your birthday,” he whispered.

“I know she does, I’ll text her later,” I whispered back.

Then two stage crew guys came on the stage and one took the cake off stage as the other handed me the guitar Nick had gotten me and I smiled brightly.

“How about you sing a song with us with your brand new guitar Nick gave you Rach,” Joe suggested.

“I’d love to Joe,” I said happily and the crowd cheered crazily as we all stood side by side as Miley rushed off stage and we began to play ‘That’s Just The Way We Roll’ and Joe started singing.

I woke up on my roof with my brothers
There's a whale in the pool with my mother
And my dad paints the house different colors
Where would we be if we couldn't dream?


Then Nick, Kevin and I all joined in.

And I know
We get a little crazy
And I know
We get a little loud
And I know
We're never gonna fake it
We are wild
We are free
We are more than you think
So call us freaks
But that's just the way we roll


I quickly, yet carefully, tossed my guitar off to the side to a stage crew member and he caught it {thankfully}. I guess it’s a good thing I learned how to do that during rehearsals. A microphone was quickly tossed to me as Joe began to sing and I walked back to the middle of the stage to face him.

You got moves, I've got shoes, let's go dancing
Pop and lock, battle dance against Hanson
{I sang as I did a few, small moves}
If we lose, all the girls, they'll be laughing {he sang}
Where would we be if we didn't dream? {we both sang}

And I know {Nick and Kevin joined in}
We get a little crazy
And I know
We get a little loud
{We sang as I walked over to Nick and slung my arm around his shoulders and he leaned into me as he kept playing}
And I know
We're never gonna fake it
We are wild
We are free
We are more than you think
So call us freaks
But that's just the way we roll

And we're old enough to know
{Joe and I started singing as we worked our way back to the middle}
We're never letting go
'Cause that's just the way we roll


Nick and Kevin joined in.

'Cause I know
We get a little crazy
And I know
We get a little loud
And I know
We're never gonna fake it
We are wild
We are free
We are more than you think
So call us freaks
But that's just the way we roll

And I know
We get a little crazy
And I know
We get a little loud
And I know
We're never gonna fake it
We are wild
We are free
We know more than you think
So call us freaks
'Cause that's just the way we roll
That's just the way we roll
Oh that's just the way we roll


We ended and the crowd went wild as the four of us stood side by side…on stage…in front of all those people…the way we’ve always dreamed it would be.

~~~~~~~

After the concert, we got back to the hotel and I checked my cell phone and saw I had 5 text messages.

From Eric:
I’m extremely sorry about not texting you today, I know it was your birthday, I didn’t forget, but my phone’s been broken and I just got it fixed. Plus you’re cell has been out of range. Call me when you can.

From Taylor:
I’m so so so so so so so sorry I couldn’t be there today for your 15th. And about the fact that I havent texted u all day but ur cell has been out of range and my schedule has been so hectic lately…u should know that…but it’s still no excuse. Call/text me when you can.

From Taylor:
Did I mention I was sorry in the last message? Well I am. Text me when you’re free

From Taylor:
Nick just told me about what they're doing on stage, I hope u get my message. Love you lots Rach, text me soon.

From mom:
Happy birthday

I felt myself crumble a little. I got three texts from Taylor saying how sorry she was about not being with me for my birthday {and I love her for caring} and I even got one from Eric…I got one but it’s better than nothing. Lately we just haven’t been on the same page, hopefully that changes. But I got messages from Taylor and Eric and I only got two words from my own mother...through a text message. I don’t know how you would feel but I feel kind of crappy right now…two words from my mother…nothing from my father...

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts and I realized my eyes were watery. I wiped my eyes quickly and opened the door to see Nick.

“Hey, I just wanted to see if you were okay, you came in here in a rush”

“Yea I’m fine…I just wanted to check my messages,” I replied and he nodded slowly.

“What’s wrong Rea?” he asked in a knowing tone, telling me he knew I was lying.

“Nothing…” I lied but he just continued to look at me. “It’s just…I get three texts from Taylor…one from Eric…and one from mom…but all she says is Happy birthday…she doesn’t even call to do it, she texts me, how can she think that’s okay?!” I exclaimed at the end as Nick put a hand on my shoulder to pushed me slightly so he could come in and he shut the door.

“And then there’s dad…I haven’t talked to him in I don’t know how many years but still, every birthday I cant help but wonder about him…it’s just not fair,” I said and realized I was on the brink of tears as I ended in a sob.

He pulled me into a hug as I cried silently into his shoulder and he held me close. “Shhh, it’s okay,” he soothed into my ear. “You don’t need them Rea…you don’t need either of them, you’ve raised yourself…and you’re an amazing person because of it…you have us now…mom, dad, Joe, Kevin, Frankie, Maya…Anna, Miley and her family…and you know you have me”

“I know” I said quietly into his shoulder.

“Come on…get your stuff and you and I will sleep on the floor in our room, like we used to” he said and I could feel him smile which caused me to smile too.

“Okay,” I nodded.

My POV

I texted Kevin to tell him Rea was coming over. We got to the room and set up our ‘beds’ on the floor and we just talked for hours until we were so exhausted we just couldn’t hold out any longer. I hate seeing Rea cry like that…but she was right…it wasn’t fair to her. It wasn’t fair how her dad just walked out and left her and her mom. It’s not fair how her mom isn’t around anymore and how she used her own daughters fame to become a celebrity, herself. It’s just not right. I never want Rea to feel that kind of pain…and if she does feel that pain…I want to be able to be the one to take it away.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please
<<333