Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

My Sixth Sense

“Joe! You cant put that much baking soda!” I shouted and stopped him from pouring anymore.

It was me, Nick, Joe, Kevin and Frankie in the kitchen in our hotel room. Denise and Paul were out for some bonding and Kevin was in charge.

“Well how much do I put in?!” he shouted back.

“Just a teaspoon”

“Well I think it’s too late for that”

“My turn!” Frankie announced and poured in a liquid that I happened to not see what kind of liquid it was.

“No Frankie…” but it was too late.

He poured it in and everything in the bowl began to bubble and foam over the side and onto the counter.

By now, the kitchen was a mess…there was flour everywhere and everything was just a mess. We tried making the cookies from scratch…but it didn’t work too well for us.

I think…we should just make the ones that you just have to put on the pan,” Nick said.

“I agree…good luck cleaning,” Kevin said and was about to leave but we all stopped him.

“I don’t think so hon,” I said.

“Yea, you’re the one that got eggs all over the place,” Joe added.

“Yea Kev, you’re the oldest, you’re supposed to be teaching Frankie, responsibility,” Nick said and Joe and I snickered.

I could tell by the annoyed look on his face that Kevin wanted to call us some names…but restrained because of Frankie as he grabbed a mop with a huff.

“Oh come on Kev, cheer up, it’s Christmas Eve…and cleaning could be fun,” I said and turned on the radio as ‘Rockin Around the Christmas Tree’ came on.

I grabbed another mop and slid on the kitchen floor into the middle of the room and I began to sing loud and proud as I used the top of the stick as a microphone.

Rockin' around the Christmas tree
At the Christmas party hop,
Mistletoe hung where you can see,
Every couple tries to stop


Joe and Kevin joined in with the singing and dancing.

Rockin' around the Christmas tree,
Let the Christmas spirit ring,
Later we'll have some pumpkin pie,
And we'll do some caroling.

Then Kevin joined in as well as we were both dancing and mopping at the same time and Joe, Frankie and Nick had wash clothes in hand, washing down the counters but Nick was the only one not dancing or singing. But he smiled a big toothy smile at me, which caused me to smile bigger.

“Come on Nick,” I said as I grabbed his hands and forced him to dance with me and I got him to sing along with us.

You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear,
Voices singing, "Let's be jolly,
Deck the halls with boughs of holly",
Rockin' around the Christmas tree,
Have a happy holiday,
Everyone dancin' merrily,
In the new old-fashioned way…


My POV

How is it possible for one girl to liven up a room in mere seconds? Tomorrow would be our first Christmas in three years with Rachael. She never had a real Christmas with her mother…she was always working…that’s why I always felt obligated {in a good way} to give her an awesome Christmas. But sometimes I feel like it’s hard to please Rachael…I want to please her…but I feel like nothing is good enough for her.

Of course she doesn’t feel this way…she’d be perfectly fine with have a two foot tall, tree made out of cardboard if it was what’s needed to be done. In my eyes Rachael is so perfect and it seems like nothing would make her happy…even though it’s definitely not the case…you could give her such a crappy card with just stick people on the inside and other decorations that look like a first grader drew them and she’d be okay with that. In fact, I think she’d love it if that happened.

I watched in awe as she danced around the kitchen with my brothers and she got me to dance too. How could this one girl be so happy, bubbly and energetic…and yet be so calm and serene…especially after everything shes been through. It’s just not fair to her…that’s probably why I feel the way I do. The feeling of wanting to make sure she’s happy at all times.

After thinking about the feelings I have toward Rachael, I cant help but feel terrible about what I’m doing to Miley. I think I’m going to break up with her…but not yet…I cant do it now, not when it’s Christmas and New Years…it’s just not right. But even if {when} I break up with her…I don’t know if I’ll go for Rea. She’s still with him…and I cant do anything about it.

After a while, we finally had the place cleaned up and Kevin, Joe and Frankie all collapsed in the living room, watching t.v. and I saw Rea was outside on the balcony so I walked outside to her and walked to the wall where she was leaning on her elbows, looking up at the sky. I noticed she was wearing one of my sweat shirts. She didn’t acknowledge me as I got to her side…so I just looked up too.

“It’s supposed to snow tonight,” she finally said with a smile I’d die for. Then as if on cue…it began to lightly snow.

“You know…it still amazes me how you do that,” I said.

“It’s my sixth sense,” she said with a shrug.

“But it going to stop soon…I’m not too sure if that’s a good sign or not” she said and all of a sudden it stopped…and the hotel door bell rang.

We both turned around as we saw Kevin answer the door and there stood Eric…her boyfriend…then…Miley stood by his side…guess it’s not a good sign.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333