Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

You Sure You're Not The Diabetic?

Rachael’s POV

“Eric,” I said with as much enthusiasm as I could have in my voice as I rushed toward him and hugged him tight as he hugged back.

“Come on in,” I said and motioned for both of them to follow and Kevin shut the door. “What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I was in the area because I’m visiting family for the holidays so I thought I’d stop by…I’m not sure how much we’ll see each other tomorrow so…Merry Christmas,” he said and pulled out a bouquet of random flowers from behind his back and a ring was attached to a string, hanging off of one of the flowers.

“This is for you,” he said as he slipped it on my right ring finger. It was a simple golden band with the letters ‘E&R’ carved into it.

“Eric…it’s beautiful…thank you,” I said and kissed his cheek.

Thank Goodness I didn’t have the ring Nick gave me on my hand…Eric doesn’t know about the story behind that one. “Awe that’s so sweet” Miley cooed and I felt myself blush lightly.

Then it was an awkward silence and the beeping of the timer went off, which meant the cookies were done. “I got it!” everyone {except Eric} yelled at once but before Nick and I could move, the others all darted for the kitchen.

I took the chance and glanced at Nick and he looked…annoyed? “So Eric…where’d you get the ring? Wall-mart?” he questioned and my jaw dropped at his rudeness. “I sure hope your gift isn’t more expensive than his is Rea,” he added.

“I didn’t get him anything because I had no time to…and he knows that,” I said, and I could only imagine a vain appearing in the side of my forehead like the way it does in cartoons.

Nick smirked and was about to comply but Eric beat him to it.

“Yes I know and I completely understand…and no I didn’t get it at Wall-mart, I got it at this very expensive jewelry store in the city…I came down here, then drove all the way down to New York City for it,” Eric replied…in a way that I didn’t understand.

I heard bitterness and harshness in his tone. “Hmm you drove all the way to New York City and just came back with a cheap ring and some meaningless flowers?” Nick said, with a mart-ass tone.

“Nick!” I scolded. I honestly couldn’t believe he was talking like this.

“No it’s okay, he’s right…I would’ve gotten you more but my grandmother is sick in the hospital so I was doing my best to hurry back to her,” he said and I saw Nick’s face flush.

Eric was lying. His grandmother wasn’t sick and she especially wasn’t in the hospital…but that definitely hit Nick hard.

“Okay Eric I think it’s time for you to go,” I said as I took his hand and led him to the door.

He kissed me on the lips and tried to make it last but I pulled away and shut the door, then locked it. “Nick! What. Was. That?! Do you even know how rude you were just now?” I exclaimed.

“What are you talking about? You’re the one who rushed our guest out without even a proper good bye”

“I don’t know what’s up with you but I definitely don’t like it one bit, maybe you should check your blood sugar because that was definitely not cool”

“Are you sure you’re not a diabetic? You sure do have mood swings a lot”

“I’m a girl, I have reasons to have mood swings and yes I’m pretty sure that you’re the diabetic, not me,” I shot back. “You were completely and utterly rude to Eric when he didn’t even do anything to you”

“Did you not see the way he talked about going all the way to the city for your gift?” he mocked.

“Yes I saw. But it was only because of your comment”

“Fine! If you’re going to take your boyfriend’s side instead of your best friend then I guess we’re done here!”

“Yea I guess we are!” I yelled back and stormed down the hallway, into my room and slammed the door.

I was so wound up that I couldn’t even sit or lay down…so I continued to pace around my room absent-mindedly.

My POV

Okay…I didn’t mean for any of that to happen. I meant to keep my snide comments inside my head but I was so annoyed with this guy that they just had to come out. He doesn’t even do anything, he just sits there, so close to her and he annoys me! Then the sight of them kissing makes everything even worse. I groaned as I ran my hands through my hair roughly and then all of the others came out of the kitchen…they so heard us.

“Frankie, why don’t you go get ready for bed,” Kevin suggested and he just nodded and ran off.

“What happened in there Nick?” Joe asked gently.

“Yea Nick…I’ve never actually seen or heard you and Rach fight before,” Miley added.

“And especially not on Christmas Eve,” Kevin finished.

“I know…I don’t know what happened…it just happened,” was all I said before I walked into Joe’s room and stayed there…there was no way I could go into our room now.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333