Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

First Thanksgiving

First Thanksgiving Together:

Rachael and her mom came over earlier than the rest of my family and we were in my room, sitting on my bed, sitting on opposite sides, I was by my pillows and she was on the other side, we were facing each other and we were tossing a baseball back and forth.

“When we go to Paris, you'll take me to the Eiffel Tower?" sheshe wanted me to confirm.

“Yea”

“Take me shopping?"

“Shopping? You don’t shop,” I stated.

Rachael isn’t the shopping type. She's more the sporty type.

“Just because I don’t shop a lot or as much as Kayla and Brittany, doesn’t mean I don’t shop…how about you take me shopping…we’ll get Kevin to take us”

“Okay we’ll go shopping in Paris,” I said and threw her the ball.

“Ew will you make me try snails?" she made a face and threw it back and I laughed.

“Yes! You have to,” I exclaimed and she made a sound in disgust.

“Fine but only if you try it with me and you have to feed to me”

“Why?" I asked and threw it to her.

“Because then maybe if we act like a couple, we’ll get a discount…” she said and just the thought of us being a couple, sent chills through my body.

“Then again, a discount wont be necessary since you’ll be famous and all,” she finished and threw it back.

“But you’ll be famous too, you seem to keep forgetting that information,” I said and threw it back.

“Yea right, you’re more likely to be famous than I am, your lyrics rock and you’re such an adorable singer, with your high voice and all,” she teased, throwing it to me.

“Ha. Ha you’re so funny,” I said and scowled but she just laughed, causing me to smile as I threw it to her

“Okay new topic,” she said and threw it back and we were silent, thinking of something.

“I’ve noticed your dad’s not around much…where is he?" I questioned and lightly tossed it to her but she seemed to just keep the ball in her lap as she hung her head.

“Umm I’m not really sure…he comes and goes as he pleases…he doesn’t care so I don’t either…” she said and her voice cracked a little.

I’ve never seen Rachael cry before…but now, she seemed like she was about to. Right when I was about to go forward to comfort her, she cleared her throat.

“New topic?" she suggested with hope and I just nodded.

I soon got her talking about a different topic and we continued to just talk and laugh.

“You know…I was thinking about that song you showed me…Time For Me To Fly…I started to write some lyrics for it…they aren’t that good but…” she started to say.

“Are you serious? You have to show me,” I said excitedly.

“Nicholas, Rachael, guests are here!" mom called.

“Once I introduce you to everybody, we’re going into the music room and you’re showing me those lyrics,” I demanded and she just smiled.

We both walked out of my room and walked downstairs as we saw mom hugging my aunts and uncles and she was introducing Rachael’s mom. They all saw me and began to hug me.

“And this is her, Tara’s daughter, Rachael,” mom said.

“It’s very nice to meet you all,” she said politely.

“So Nicholas, back at school I presume,” my uncle said.

“Yes I am,” I replied and Rachael gave me a strange look.

“Kevin, Joe and I all used to be home schooled but we wanted to try and go this year, just for this year, next year it might be different, who knows,” I explained and she nodded.

“Rachael and I are going to be in the music room, tell me when Maya comes!" I called to them and dragged Rachael into the basement.

“Why is it that you are so shy in front of people sometimes?" I questioned.

“You’re the same way…there are the outgoing kind and the shy kind, we’re the kind that are shy but when we get to know a person better, we’re outgoing,” she said.

“Wow, I guess you’re right”

“Aren’t I always?" she joked and I nudged her playfully as we sat down on the bench in front of the piano.

“So show me these lyrics of yours,” I said.

“Okay well…do you have the music for the song?" she asked.

“Well I was thinking about it going something like…” I started to play.

I hit one wrong note and she placed her hand on mine and we were both playing as one now. Then we heard a guitar playing and it went really well with the song. We both looked and saw Kevin was playing the guitar and Joe was with him. He shut the door and they both came over to us. But then Rachael got up and walked over to the small drum set and she began to play them and it went well with the song too and I started to sing.

I've been wasting my time
I've been losing my mind
I've been running races


Then Rachael started to sing with me and I looked at her in shock. I knew she loved to sing and she was always humming but I’ve never actually hear her sing before.

Still don't know what I've been chasing
But my eyes still can see
Bluer skies that wait for me
And I'm on my way


Then Joe and Kevin joined in as well as they read the lyrics over my shoulder.

Time for me to fly
Time for me to soar
Time for me to open up my heart and knock on heavens door
Time for me to live It's time for me to sing Time for me to lay
down all my worries and I'll spread my wings Time for me to fly


We all stopped and started to cheer and exclaim how cool that was.

“Kevin when did you learn how to play guitar like that?" I asked.

“Last week when I was sick, I decided to learn” he said.

“And you? You play the drums? And you can sing,” I exclaimed as I jumped up and she stood up.

“It’s not really anything special…” she said modestly.

“It was amazing,” I cut her off.

“That was awesome, we have to do more,” Joe exclaimed.

“Well you said you added more to the song right?" I asked her and she nodded.

“Well lets hear it,” Kevin and Joe cheered.

So we all started to work on it and honestly, I liked working on songs with my brothers, more than working on them alone. As we worked more on other songs, I watched the way Rachael laughed at Joe’s stupidity and I loved the way her laugh sounded. It was so angelic. Soon enough, Maya and more friends and family showed up. Rachael was so polite in every way toward my family and I really admired that.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333