Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

When I Needed You Most

We got to the hospital and mom was out cold but the doctor said she’s in a pretty critical condition. She was in a car accident and hit her head hard…and it could result in something awful…I wasn’t told a lot because I’m only fifteen and Anna, Denise and Paul got more information but they didn’t tell much either…but I knew things weren’t looking good for the moment. I was with her, just a half hour before! How could this have happened so quickly? Nick, Joe, Kevin and Frankie were on their way with Big Rob. As soon as Paul and Denise told them, they immediately turned around and started coming in our direction. I tried to convince Miley not come back but there was no stopping her.

I walked outside and dialed Eric’s number. I haven’t talked to him in three days…this was him being stubborn. I got his voicemail…for the third time.

“Eric it’s me again, how come when I need you, you’re never around?” was all I said and hung up. I hugged my arms and just stood there in the cold.

“Rachael!” I heard my name being called. I turned to the right and saw Nick jumping out of the van before it even stopped and he came running over to me.

Right away, I started crying as Nick embraced me in a tight hug. “Shhh it’s okay,” he comforted and I just kept sobbing.

Joe and Kevin came over as well. “Come on, lets get inside,” Kevin suggested and we all followed his instruction.

We got back inside and I was pacing in the hallway and Nick jumped up from his seat, in front of me. “Rea you have to calm down, okay?” he asked and I just nodded. Then he started to sing.

Hello Beautiful
Hows it going
I hear its wonderful
In California
I've been missin' you
Its true

He always knew how to calm me down…and he also knew his singing was the trick. “Thank you Nick,” I whispered as I hugged him. “Anytime,” he whispered back.

Then Denise and Paul came over to all of us and they suggested to the boys that they should take me out somewhere to get something to eat…which was code for ‘keep her mind off of all of this’. They told Big Rob he could have the rest of the night off and just take Frankie back to the hotel because it was late and since we weren’t going anywhere far because there was a McDonalds right next door. So Nick, Joe, Kevin and I all walked next door to McDonalds.

“What do you want?” Nick asked.

“I’m not really hungry guys”

But then Joe ordered me a large big mac and I internally groaned as I rolled my eyes. We all got our food and sat down at a table. I was kind of quiet and the guys were just starring at me

“So…have you gotten in touch with Eric?” Nick asked.

“No I haven’t…and he should be near by this hospital too,” I said and just shook my head.

I couldn’t believe him right now. “Well…I think now might be your chance to talk to him,” Kevin said and they were all keeping their heads low.

“What?”

“He’s here right now,” Joe added. I turned and saw him walking on the side walk, heading for the entrance.

“Hey Joe…let me show you something”

“Right behind you Kev,” he said and they both left.

“You want me to go?” Nick asked.

“No. Please stay,” I pleaded.

“Of course,” he nodded.

We both just kept our heads down and I was hoping he wouldn’t notice us because I really wasn’t in the mood to yell at him…but he noticed alright.

“What’s going on here?” Eric asked as he came over to us.

“We’re eating, what does it look like?” I snapped.

“I thought you were busy tonight,” he said coldly, ignoring my tone.

“I was but something came up…you would know if you answered your phone,” I spat.

“Rach, I know about your mom,” he said and I was silent.

“Anna got in touch with me…I didn’t know the number so I picked it up and she told me…and she said some things that I wont quote,” he said, trying to lighten the mood…but it wont work.

The whole time Nick was watching me…analyzing my movements. “Can we talk?”

“Sure…talk”

“Alone?” he questioned and I saw him eye Nick but Nick just kept his eyes on me.

“No you know what, I don’t want to talk anymore,” I said and stood up and Nick followed my motion. “You coming?” I asked Nick lightly and he nodded.

We got outside but Eric followed. “Please Rachael, just talk to me…I’m sorry about our fight, I was just frustrated”

“The one time I need you to be with me and the one time I ask anything of you, you’re not there for me! You weren’t around when I needed you the most!” I shouted at him and he was silent.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“No…you’re right,” he murmured as he avoided my eyes and everything was silent again.

“Maybe…we need a break…you go back to California…and when I get back, we’ll take it from there,” I suggested and he hesitated but nodded.

“I think that might be best…I’ll see you at home,” he said and gave me a kiss on the cheek, with his lips lingering a bit. He began to walk away and then I looked at Nick.

“You okay?” he asked.

“I guess I will be…lets just get back to the hospital,” I said and he nodded.

We started to walk back and he put his arm around my shoulders as I put my arm around his waist and Joe and Kevin caught up with us.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333