Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Finally Broken Up...

Mom made a full recovery. I managed to see her the next day before we had to leave for the next venue. I apologized for what I said to her earlier…I don’t know why I did, but I did. Now we were in Pennsylvania and we just got to our hotel. I was in mine and Nick’s room while Joe and Kevin were playing video game with Frankie and Nick was somewhere with Miley.

I walked out of my room, into the living room and then I walked out into the hallway and down three doors to Miley’s room. I knocked twice and when the door opened, it revealed a sobbing Miley.

“Miles, what’s wrong?” I asked with concern.

“We broke up,” was all she whispered.

I hugged her as I shut the door behind me. I let her cry into my shoulder as I comforted her. I didn’t know where Billy Ray was but it didn’t really matter…I guess it was good that he wasn’t around. I didn’t want to leave Miley’s side but I had to check on Nick too…just to make sure he was okay.

“Give me about a half hour to get some stuff and I’ll come back and stay the night here okay?” I suggested and she nodded. I got off her bed and went down the hall into our room.

“Is he here?” I asked.

“Yea…he’s been in your room ever since he got back,” Kevin replied.

So that’s where I went. I walked in cautiously and there I saw Nick laying on his bed, on his back, starring up at the ceiling. I went to his side and laid on my back as well.

“You okay?” I asked and I saw a tear or two slide down his face but he just wiped them away.

My POV

Miley and I broke up. I’m not really sure how it happened…I guess you could call it a mutual breakup…and now I didn’t have to feel bad for still having feelings toward Rachael…but it still hurt. I cared about Miley…a lot…I think I loved her, but I cant really tell…but even though I cared for Miley with a lot of force…I couldn’t help but care for Rachael more. This breakup really hurt…but I’m glad that Rachael is with me…even though I know she’ll be going to be with Miley for the night. I don’t mind. As much as I love Rachael’s company and I wouldn’t trade it for the world…I like being alone too and I understand that she’s a girl and needs girl time.

~~~~~~~~~

Rachael’s POV

Soon, once I knew Nick was okay to be alone, I went back over to Miley’s with some stuff and went straight into her room. We started eating pop corn and ice cream as we watched the Notebook. I like the movie but it’s not like I’m obsessed with it. Miley loves it and she cries almost every time we watch it. I cried the first time…maybe the second…now I don’t really cry…I come close to it but then it goes away. I just love the story line.

“Rach…if you want to go out with Nick…” she started to say as it was the part in the movie where Noah and Allie are in the canoe in the rain.

“Miley, lets not…”

“No, it’s okay…I know you and Nick had a past…and I actually think he still loves you…”

“We were young, we didn’t know what love was…”

“Rachael…if someone loves you…it deserves to be acknowledged…and I don’t know what Nick felt like back then but right now? I see the way he looks at you…I don’t even think he looked at me that way”

“Miley…he is in pain right now…probably as much as you are…when I was in our room, he was pretty much crying…”

“I know…he was crying when we were talking too…but I’m just saying…if it comes down to it…you should date Nick”

“And what about Eric,” I asked, timidly.

“Rach…he’s not right for you…yes, I have to admit that he’s close to perfect in every way but he’s not your type…I’m telling you this because we’re best friends…you deserve better and you deserve more than Eric” she said and we just went back to watching the movie.

I kept thinking about what Miley said. Nick and Miley broke up…so maybe it’s time for Eric and I to call it quits…or I’ll give him another week or two.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333