Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Familiar Feelings

Demi and I got along so well it was scary. By the end of the day, we were saying the same things at the same time, finishing each others sentences. I never felt this close to someone ever since Nick. Don’t get me wrong. I love Miley but I never felt the connection with her, like I feel with Demi. It’s incredible. Today, the guys were coming and we were supposed to be running through lines with everyone…I have one line I think but mostly I’m just a dancer and a singer…and I’m okay with that. I’m not really sure if acting is my thing yet…but I want to find out. Right now, Demi and I are in one of the cabins. We got bored so we started making bracelets with beads and decided to make friendship bracelets.

“Those are so pretty, where’d you get them?” she asked suddenly and I saw she was referring to my heart locket and my dog tag.

“Oh umm Nick actually gave them to me,” I said.

“Awe. Really?”

“Yea…he gave me the heart locket, the first and last Valentines Day we were together…and then he gave me the dog tag last Christmas,” I said.

It was amazing how open I was with Demi. Usually I’m careful with what I say around people but not with her.

“Do you miss being with him sometimes,” she asked as though we were sharing a deep secret.

“Sometimes…” I admitted.

“Girls, the boys are here”, Anna called into us from outside.

“Okay Anna,” I called back.

“We’ll talk more later,” she said and I nodded.

We both walked outside. “Rea rea!” I heard someone sing.

“Rea rea?” Demi snickered.

“Shut up…that can only mean it‘s Joe, he‘s the only one who calls me that, kay,” I said and pointed at her.

“Whatever you say…Rea rea,” she said and laughed as I rolled my eyes at her.

Then as soon as I spun around, I was engulfed in a tight hug by Joe. “We missed you,” he said.

“I missed you too,” I breathed out, then he let go and I relaxed myself.

“It’s good to see you again Demi,” he said and hugged her.

“You too Joe,” she replied.

“Rachael!” Kevin cheered as he hugged me as well and then Demi.

“We’re missing one,” I stated.

Then I looked to my right and saw Nick and smiled. “Nick!” I cheered as I darted toward him. I saw him laugh as he smiled with teeth.

“Yea, she runs to him and not us,” I heard Joe complain and Demi laugh but ignored it.

I ran into Nick’s arms and we hugged. “It’s about time, you show up,” I said and punched his arm.

“Sorry, there was more traffic than expected,” he said and I just smiled.

We just smiled at each other for a long moment and I couldn’t help but get a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach…the one I used to get when I first met Eric…but this time, it was so much stronger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PAGE BREAK

Weeks went by and we were actually in the process of filming some scenes, but not all of them because we were still rehearsing dances and songs. Demi and I are inseparable and so are me and Nick and everyone on the set knows it. I’m always either with Demi, Nick or all of them, Kevin, Joe, Demi and Nick. Everything’s been going kind of smoothly lately…but today I noticed something was wrong with Nick. He seemed distant from everyone and I tried talking to him but he didn’t give me full-hearted responses so I gave him some space. I was hanging with Demi and the our other co-stars when I realized Nick wasn’t around.

We were on break as I began walking around and I saw Nick was in the cabin with the piano and he was playing a tune I never heard before. I slowly and quietly walked inside and he hadn’t noticed me yet as he began singing.

Got the news today
But they said I had to stay
A little bit longer and I'd be fine
When I thought it'd all be done
When I thought it'd all been said
A little bit longer and I'll be fine…


I clapped three times and he stopped as he looked up at me. “It’s really pretty,” I commented but stayed where I stood…just in case it was invading too much of his space.

But then he moved over on the bench which was a motion for me to sit down next to him so I did so. “Thanks…”

“Did you just start writing this?”

“Yea…do you want to hear what I have so far?”

“I’d love to…you know that” I said as he smiled lightly and began playing the beautiful music again.

Got the news today
But they said I had to stay
A little bit longer and I'd be fine
When I thought it'd all be done
When I thought it'd all been said
A little bit longer and I'll be fine

But you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
And you don't know what it's like to feel so low
And every time you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know, no, no.
You don't even know.

All this time moves by
Still no reason why
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
Waitin' on a cure
But none of them are sure
A little bit longer and I'll be fine
But you don’t know what you got 'til it's gone
You don’t know what it’s like to feel so low.
And every time you smile or laugh you glow
You don’t even know, no, no, no
You don’t even know, no, no, no
You don’t even know, no, no

“Nick…that song’s amazing…how long did it take for you to write that?”

“Like ten minutes…the rest is pretty much the same…the words pretty much just came to me…it’s based on my diabetes”

“I figured that much”

“I’m sorry…about today…it’s just that my levels have been all over the place today and I’m just so frustrated”

“It’s okay,” I assured him with a smile and he starred at me for a moment before smiling back lightly.

But soon that smile faltered and I saw his eyes were brimming with tears. “It’s just…really hard sometimes,” he murmured.

“I know…it’s okay,” I comforted as I hugged him close and he hugged back.

It’s been so long since I’ve actually seen Nick cry that I cant even remember it clearly. I didn’t like seeing him cry…it hurt me knowing that he was hurting.

~~~~~~~

“Rachael where are you taking me?” Nick asked for the tenth time as I was holding his hand and dragging him in the direction of the cabin with the piano.

It’s the next day. Last night I was talking to Demi and I told her what happened and I started writing a song and she helped. It’s still unfinished but I wanted to play what I had for Nick.

“You’ll see,” I groaned. We got to the cabin and I rushed him into it and to the piano and forced him to sit next to me on the bench.

“Yesterday you played me a song that no one else has heard yet…now can I play something new for you so you can be the first to hear it? I started it last night with Demi and I think I might need some more help in parts,” I said and he looked at me in shock.

“You’re going to play me a new song?” he asked, half mocking, half serious.

“It’s not like you’ve never heard my songs before”

“I know but it’s been a while since I’ve actually got to hear a private rehearsal from you…but please go on” he said and I rolled my eyes at him.

“I actually wrote this song…for you,” I said and suddenly his face flushed.

“No it’s not like Strong where it’s like a heart break song…just listen to the words,” I said with a small laugh as he was less tense and I began playing as he smiled at me.

Hey there sad eyes
What's on your mind
Don't look so down
Give it some time

You don't have to be
So hard on yourself
I know the world can be a brutal place
Please don't let it steal your smile away

Cause when the sky is darkest
You can see the stars
And when you fall the hardest
You find how strong you are

Close your eyes
Rest awhile
It's been a long, long day
So come on baby, baby
Have a little faith.

Let those tears fall
You gave it your all
It's all you can do
I'll be here for you
And there's go your pride
Crushed on the ground
Sometimes it takes a wall to tumble down
For you to see who's gonna stick around.

Cause when the sky is darkest
You can see the stars
When you fall the hardest
You find how strong you are
Close your eyes
Rest awhile
It's been a long, long day
So come on baby, baby, have a little faith

I stopped. I was nervous to look up at him…but I took my chances and looked up. “Rea…that was…I’m speechless,” was all he said and I was less tense.

“You like it?”

“I love it”

“Will you help me with the second half?” I asked and he nodded so I smiled.

We continued to work on the song and after just a few minutes, we finished and when we did, I smiled brightly at him…but he continued to stare me…as if he was looking for answers. Then…he started leaning in slowly…and I started doing the same. I felt my heart accelerate and I did my best to not make my abnormal breathing so noticeable. Then…our lips met. I never forgot what it was like to be kissed by Nick…but now…it was just one hundred times better. He didn’t push it by starting to move his lips…and I didn’t either…it was a simple kiss…but it was filled with so much feeling. We pulled away slowly as I began to open my eyes slowly and I realized his eyes were shut too.

Then, the door flew open and in came Demi, Joe and Kevin and Demi was laughing but then stopped when they all saw us.

“There you both are…we were looking for you” Kevin said and they were all giving us suspicious looks.

“What’s going on?” Kevin asked and both Nick and I stood up quickly.

“Umm hey Joe, Kevin I need to show you both something,” Demi said and quickly ushered them both out and it was silent.

“Okay…what was that?” I asked him with some kind of attitude.

“What do you mean?"

"I mean why did you do that? I thought we were done Nick”

“I never said we were done, you did”

“Well you made it pretty clear when you didn’t even bother to say good bye to me before I left”

“I’m sorry, I never wanted it to be like that…”

“Yea, obviously,” I said sarcastically, as I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

“I never wanted us to be over Rea, I loved you and I’m pretty sure I still do”

“Pretty sure?”

“No. I do…please give me another chance”

“Why should I?”

“Because I love you Rachael, I‘ve waited such a long time to just see you again, and I‘ve waited even more just to be with you again…isn’t that enough?” he asked more gently and I just kept my arms crossed as I looked him in the eyes.

“Lets…wait until we finish the movie…and if we start up a relationship again…then I want to take it slow…no saying I love you right away…because we were young back then…just…take it slow okay?” I suggested as I lowered my arms and he seemed less tense.

“Slow…okay”

“Do you think you could wait a little bit longer?” I joked lightly.

“I’ve waited close to three years, I think I can wait a little bit longer,” he said.

“Good…lets…get something to eat…I’m starving…and I’m sure you could use something to eat”

“Got that right,” he said and we headed out like nothing happened…even though it was the complete opposite.
♠ ♠ ♠
lyrics from last chapter=Believe in Me by Demi Lovato :)
lyrics from this chapter=A Little Bit Longer by JB
Faith by Jordin Sparks

<<333