Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Get Out

I continued to sing songs from my first and second albums. I was thrown a water bottle and took a sip. Then I threw it back.

“Thank you so much, you guys have been a great crowd. I love New York City!" I paused so they could scream and i smiled brightly. "Now for my next song…you all have helped it make its way to the top…it was the number one hit song for seven months straight and it helped me get to where I am right now…it’s about a girl and a guy who breaks her…but she realizes she’s strong now…and it’s because of him…” I explained as I smiled brightly because they obviously knew what song I was talking about.

It made me feel great knowing they were all excited. The music started…and I began to sing as I had everyone singing along with me.

Bet you thought that I'd be broken
Mascara streaking down my cheek
Devastated, out the door way.
In a daze, a state of disbelief
I bet you'd like that seeing me get mad
but baby I wont satisfy your needs
cuz I’ve already been there, done that
I'll be fine even if you leave

Oh I don’t need you anymore
Oh and don’t you know that…

You were the one that made me strong,
you made me stand up on my own
with every cruel intention you helped me find my
independence

yeah its all because of you
that I have the strength i do
to turn my pain to passion instead of crashing
Boy I’m thanking you, Boy I’m thankin you…

As I continued, I saw Nick on the side of the stage, watching me sing the song…good. There was pain in his eyes…

I finished the song and the screaming was loud. Not just loud, it was loud. Like I couldn’t even hear myself think…louder than that most likely.

“How would you all like to hear a new song, that I just wrote today?” I asked and it got louder!…if it’s even possible.

I went over to one of the guys that plays guitar for me as he was playing and everyone else joined in with the music, they learned today…I have such a talented crew. I leaned on him and then pulled the microphone to my lips.

You were talking to her
But messing with me
It’s finally clear
You’re blurring the lines
Are you disturbed?
Oh, now you care
Why do you race through my red lights?

Can’t understand
I’ll slow it down for you

Tell me how can you sleep?
How can you breathe?
Baby tell me how
How you love me now
Tell me how can you sleep?
How can you breathe?
I hate when you say
How you love me now

Save
Save it for her
I’m not gonna hear
Your reasons and “please-just-take-me-backs”
We never were right
Don’t waste your breath
You crashed and you’re on your own tonight


I was jumping around all over the place with my dancers and instrument players and I felt the energy level coming from my fans and it was over whelming…I loved every bit of it. They obviously didn’t know the words but they cheered, screamed, clapped and were dancing/jumping around with me. I looked over at Nick and noticed his face was completely different. He seemed lost…abandoned…he wasn’t stupid. He knew I knew.

Can’t understand
I’ll slow it down for you

Tell me how can you sleep?
How can you breathe?
Baby tell me how
How you love me now
Tell me how can you sleep?
How can you breathe?
I hate when you say
How you love me now

Lights out
I found out
My falling star
Goodbye
The sun rises here
There’s no more you and I

How can you sleep?
How can you breathe?
Baby tell me how
How you love me now
Tell me how can you sleep?
How can you breathe?
I hate when you say
How you love me now
How you love me now
How you love me now

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When the concert ended, I had three encores and then I raced to my dressing room hoping not to run into him…or anyone else for that matter. But as soon as I ran into the room…there he was.

“Please Rea…we have to talk,” he said before I could leave…so I shut the door and faced him. It was silent.

“I don’t want to talk to you right now Nick,” I whispered, avoiding his eyes.

“You have to”

“I don’t have to do anything,” I snapped, looking at him.

It was silent. “Tell me…the picture wasn’t of you and her…tell me it was a lie…tell me the magazine was wrong…that it was her and someone else…” I said in a hushed tone.

He stared at me with eyes filled with sorrow… “I cant…it was us…” he started and I felt my heart break all over again. “But Rea it was an accident! Yes, I went to go see her and we went jet skiing, but that kiss…it was nothing, she just turned around and kissed me, I wasn’t expecting it, it was an impulse…” he added quickly.

“But you kissed back…Nick you didn’t pull away…you went all the way to Georgia to see her…I thought you loved me…” I whispered, fighting back the tears, looking down slightly.

“Rachael, I do love you, I’ll always love you…forever and always right?” he asked as he stepped closer to me.

Those words broke me though. Why would he say them? Taylor’s words…which were used against Joe. He came close to me…

“Don’t touch me!” I snapped. “You don’t love me! If you loved me you wouldn’t have cheated! You cheated Nick! You cheated on me!” I exclaimed and I saw he winced at the word cheated.

He opened his mouth to respond but no words came out. “Get out,” I whispered. “Just leave,” I said louder as I stood there, looking at the ground.

He walked around me and walked out the door. I fell to my knees, sobbing quietly. I loved Nick. I thought he loved me too. He was everything to me. I felt my whole world caving around me.

My POV

I shut the door to Rachael’s dressing room and just stood there, processing what just happened…analyzing our fight. She said I didn’t love her…that killed me inside to know that she thought I didn’t love her. I’d do anything for her. I owe everything to her…including my career. I don’t think I could’ve gotten this far without her, I really don’t. Then I said forever and always! Why?! Why did I say that!? I should’ve known not to say it…but I said it. I was so stupid. That kiss was an accident! I should’ve pulled away…I wanted to pull away…but I didn’t. So now I’m paying the consequences…damn paparazzi caught us in the act…Rachael saw the proof…and I just lost the love of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333