Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

The Apology Attempt Part 1

I haven’t talked to Nick ever since our fight at the venue. He has tried calling but I ignore him. Miley tried too. But if she thinks I’m going to forgive her so easily (or at all) then she’s more stupid than we all thought. Demi and Selena have both been there for me…Taylor has too in fact. She was at the concert that I sang her song in. The song we wrote together about a Jonas.

Flashback

I performed Forever & Always and I saw Tay in the audience and I smiled brightly and she smiled back. After the concert, I got off the stage to the side and there she stood in front of me. “Hey,” I said gently.

“Hey…I know what happened…I’m glad you sang the song,” she said a bit awkwardly and then we were silent. I felt tears come to my eyes.

“Awe Rea,” she cooed as she came to me and hugged me as I hugged back. She’s still as tall as ever so she over-towered me as I sobbed quietly into her shoulder.

End Flashback


It wasn’t like me either, but at that same concert, I took a guitar that was an exact replica of the one that he gave to me one Christmas, I held it out for everyone to see because they all knew about it and there were cameras at the concert. Then at the ended I smashed the guitar into the guitar and everyone just made multiple noises as all I heard was cheering, screaming and clapping. Ever since, I haven’t cried or him, or Miley or my mother, or my father for that matter. He’s all over the place, he comes to see me once and a while but other times he’s just other places. Demi, Selena, Taylor and I have hung out multiple times whenever we can but we’re all always so incredibly busy. I’ve talked to Joe and Kevin a few times…but then they would try and trick me into talking to Nick but I would always hang up before they got him on the phone.

I’ve talked to Miley though…once. It was because I had to record a song with her. Anna planed this ahead of time with Miley’s manager so we couldn’t get out of it. While at the recording studio, Miley tried to get me to talk to her and forgive her…she was begging and pleading actually. But I wouldn’t have it. We recording the song and I left right away.

The paparazzi and media were having a frenzy with this story. I ignored it though, I haven’t had many interviews ever since though. Only the ones for J-14 or other kids magazines that wouldn’t ask about me and Nick. J-14 wanted to ask but Anna told them not to or else we wouldn’t do articles for them and they agreed. Anna had my back. Tonight, I had to ignore all of my stress because I was so excited for the Teen Choice Awards that were tonight. It’s the second time I’ve ever been nominated for something but this time its in seven categories! I was nominated for a Kids Choice Award and I won for best new artist. This time I’m nominated for so many categories…and most of those categories, I’m running against Miley but I don’t even care if I win because it’s such an honor just to be nominated. I was wearing a beautiful strapless dark purple dress that went down to my ankles and I had a pair of purple heels to match. Mom was actually coming to this one and she was wearing a beautiful dress as well. When we arrived at the carpet for before the show, I cautiously walked as flashes were going off in my face in every direction and people were calling my name. I saw Honor Society up ahead posing for pictures and I smiled brightly when they saw me and they rushed over to me. They each hugged me and we posed together. Mike put his arm around my shoulders and leaned down to my ear.

“We heard about what happened…we really are sorry” he said and I just nodded to acknowledge him.

Tonight I was performing the new song with Miley…and I was performing with Nick, Joe and Kevin at the end of the show, they just didn’t know it yet…Anna tried to get me out of doing that too but it didn’t work. The show thought it would be good publicity because we’re the talk of the country lately…and no one was telling the guys cause they thought it would cause more trouble.

Mom got to her seat as Anna and I went back stage so I could change into my outfit for when I go perform on stage. I was wearing a loose, low cut black shirt that stuck to my waist with thick straps that went around my shoulders with a pink tank underneath because on the sides, without a tank, my bra was very, very visible. It was still visible on the sides even like this, but not as bad. Then I was wearing shorts. They were kind of short shorts…like really short…but I guess it wasn’t too bad. I kept feeling the need to pull them down every now and then but I got used to it. I looked in the mirror and saw someone new…someone I kind of looked…I actually thought I looked kinda pretty.

I walked out of the dressing room and saw Miley. Her bra was very visible…but I liked how she looked. She glanced over at me and after a minute, she smiled but I didn’t smile back so her smile faded. The show started. Nick, Joe and Kevin started it by singing Much Better. Okay…so I have to admit that I have their new cd and I‘ve heard all of the songs…I’m still not speaking to Nick but one day I found the cd outside the door of my house with a little note from Nick. He wanted me to have the copy weather I listened to it or not but he mostly wanted me to listen to Fly With me, Black Keys and World War 3to see how they came out on the cd. He also wanted me to listen to the song Turn Right. He said there was a secret message behind it that no one else would ever figure out…it was about me though, that’s all he told me.

I listened to the songs he wanted me to listen to, like he requested, but I found myself listening to all of the songs in the end. I loved them…when do I not love his music? Soon enough, Shailene Woodley Daren Kagasoff from Secret life of The American Teenager were called up on stage to announce some awards and I got into position for performing because Miley and I were next. I stood behind a door on the second level of the stage as Miley stood behind the door next to me.

“Rach, please talk to me,” she pleaded for the millionth time.

“Why? So I can forgive you and just have you back stab me again?” I questioned sarcastically.

Her expression changed to pain when I said that. “Rachael…” she said and I heard the crack in her voice, preventing the tears.

“You have to be really great to win a teen choice award for being a music artist,” Shailene said into the microphone.

“And you also have to be really great to win a teen choice award for being a movie star or being a tv star,” Daren added.

“Please Rachael, I’m so sorry it happened, it was an accident, I got carried away because of an impulse, it wont ever happen again…”

“You’re right, it wont happen again because you and I aren’t friends anymore Miley Ray and if I get a boyfriend again, I’ll make sure he never communicates you ever,” I snapped and she stared at me with eyes that cried out for help.

Eyes that made me hurt inside…but I had to stand my ground. She turned her head forward so she wasn’t looking at me and I heard her and noticed she was taking deep breaths and coughed a few times. She knew she had to suck it up for the moment so we could perform, and that’s what she was going to do.

“But no one in teen choice history has ever won awards in all three categories in the same year until now,” Shailene said.

And no one has ever tied in winning all these awards…I don’t think we’ve ever had a tie before in the history of the TCA’s,” Darren finished.

The music for the Climb started playing as small clips of her music video came on the big screen…but then the music for Strong came on and clips of my music video for it came to the big screen. I was in shock. Miley and I had both tied…but this wasn’t the only category.

“Choice music singles, The Climb, and Strong…Choice hissy fit, Hannah Montana the movie and Rock Bottom,” the woman’s announcer voice said as the fighting scene between Tyra and Hannah came on and then the fighting scene between Miley and I came on from our movie we filmed together.

“You knew I liked him and you still went for it!” my voice shrieked as Miley and I appeared on the screen. Oh, the irony.

She shot back at me and we ended up having a cat fight. We filmed the movie back when we were friends and it was just acting.

“Choice movie actress, music and dance, Hannah Montana the movie and Rock Bottom,” the voice said another clip from her movie and Rock Bottom appeared because we both sang and danced in rock Bottom as well.

“Choice tv actress comedy, Hannah Montana…choice tv show comedy, Hannah Montana…choice tv actress on the rise, Rachael Lewis…our new TCA category, choice guest star in comedy, Rachael Lewis in Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place and Sonny With A Chance…” a clip of me in all the shows popped up.

“And choice songs of the summer, Before The Storm, the Jonas Brothers ft. Miley Cyrus and World War 3, the Jonas brothers ft Rachael Lewis,” the voice finished.

Okay so I’ve been busier than you think. I didn’t think it was important to tell and I wanted to keep it all a surprise…yes I guest starred on all three of those shows, I filmed a movie with Miley and…we both just won all of these awards! It was a tie! How is that even possible?! Exactly half of all of the teenagers out there voted for Miley and the other half voted for me. This has to be some kind of sign…right?

“Miley and Rachael want to thank you in the best way they know how,” Darren said.

“Performing their brand new summer hit Party In The USA for the first time ever” Shailene added.

“Here’s Rachael Lewis and Miley Cyrus,” they both concluded and the music for Party In the USA started. We opened both doors and smiled brightly as the crowd started cheering like crazy.

I hopped off the plane at LAX with a dreamer card again {I sang}
Welcome to the land of fame excess am I gonna fit in {she sang}
Jumped in the cab, here I am for the first time {I sang}
Look to my right and I see the Hollywood sign {she sang}
This is all so crazy, everybody seems so famous {we both sang}
My tummy’s turnin and Im feelin kinda homesick {she sang}
Too much pressure and I’m nervous {I sang}
That’s when the taxi man turned on the radio {we both started to sing}
And the Britney song was on
And the Britney song was on
And the Britney song was on


We both continued singing

So I put my hands up, they’re playin my song
The butterflies fly away, I’m noddin my head like Yeah!
Movin my hips like Yeah!
Got my hands up, they’re playin my song
They know I’m gonna be okay
Yeah! Its a party in the USA!
Yeah! Its a party in the USA!


One guy helped Miley go to one side of the stage and she stood on top of an ice cream cart, holding onto a poll as another guy led me to the other side and I sat down on the other ice cream cart, holding onto the poll with my free hand.

Get to the club in my taxi cab, everybody’s lookin at me now{she sang}
Like Who’s that chick that’s rockin kicks, she’s gotta be from outta town {I sang}
So hard with my girls not around me {she sang as I saw her bend down and then get back up…I don’t think it was a very good idea though}
Its definitely not a Nashville party cause all I see is stilettos {I joined in, shaking off the feeling as both ice cream carts started to get pushed toward each other}
I guess I never got the memo

My tummys turnin and I’m feelin kinda homesick
{she sang}
Too much pressure and I’m nervous {I sang}
That’s when the DJ dropped my favorite tune {we both started to sing as our carts got to the other sides of the stage, we both grabbed hats from two dancers and put them on}
And a Michael song was on
And a Michael song was on
And a Michael song was on


We both continued to sing as two guys each, picked us up and placed us back on the stage.

So I put my hands up, they’re playin my song
The butterflies fly away, I’m noddin my head like Yeah!
Movin my hips like Yeah!
Got my hands up, they’re playin my song
They know I’m gonna be okay
Yeah! Its a party in the USA!
Yeah! Its a party in the USA!


We both met in the middle of the stage and started walking down the cat walk part of the stage

Feel like hoppin on a flight {she sang}
Back to my hometown tonight {I sang}
Something stops me every time {she sang}
The DJ plays my song and I feel alright {I sang and held out the note as Miley went on singing the chorus}

So I put my hands up, they’re playin my song
The butterflies fly away, I’m noddin my head like Yeah!
{I joined in with her}
Movin my hips like Yeah!
Got my hands up, they’re playin my song
They know I’m gonna be okay
Yeah! Its a party in the USA!
Yeah! Its a party in the USA!

We started walking back to the stage.

So I put my hands up, they’re playin my song
The butterflies fly away, I’m noddin my head like Yeah!
Movin my hips like Yeah!
Got my hands up, they’re playin my song
They know I’m gonna be okay
Yeah! Its a party in the USA!
Yeah! Its a party in the USA!


We ended at the top of the steps where we came in and posed as flashes went on and the crowd started to cheer wildly.

“We just want to take a minute to tell all of our fans who nominated us,” I started.

“And gave us these amazing awards…of course John Shanks for the climb and above all else, God our father”

“For putting us on this stage tonight”

“God bless every one of y’all,” we ended as my home (Tennessee) accent came out a little bit at the end and we bowed.

Then we got off the stage. “Rachael wait!” Miley pleaded from behind me but she tried to sound like she was demanding.

“Why Miley? What more do you have to say?!” I snapped as I spun around.

“I’m sorry,” now she was crying.

“Yes I know your sorry, I’m sorry too, but that doesn’t change anything Miley Ray,” I exaggerated. I continued walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333