One Shot to Remember

So Pretty In Pain

Image

I never cried like this before, but it was just to much to hold back. No, I'm not extremely sad. No, I'm not some annoying weirdo who acts like a chicken running around with they're head cut off. Not at all. No, actually I mean that I've never laughed so hard I cried before. I've cried, just not out of laughter. But since he came around, I've been laughing allot more I guess. I kinda sorta love him. Nonsense! I just LOVE himmore then air. Yeah, head over heels? I know.

He's currently trying to balance a glass cup on his head. And to tell you simply, it's going to fall any second.

He used to bully me. He used to make fun of me and laugh at me. But now he's one of my best friends. He was shunned by them. The populars. And after everything he put me through, I still excepted him.

"Hey, hey! Look," he laughed.

"Frankie, your going to get yourself-," I started, but the shattering of the glass chorused through my voice.

"Ow," he winced, still laughing.

I smiled as he walked closer to me, trying his best to avoid the small shards of glass. He wrapped his arms around my neck and rested his head on my shoulder.

"So now that I broke it, what are we going to do?" he questioned smiling happily at me.

"Um, movies?"I suggested, trying my best to hide the small shred of hope in my voice.

"Um, no. What would your friends think?" he teased.

I sighed inaudibly, not wanting him to hear it.

"What's wrong?" he asked me tightening his grip around my neck.

"Nothings wrong," I grinned at him and moved his arms from my neck, taking his hands in mine and dragging him toward his car.

"Where are we going?" he asked as I shoved him at the drivers side.

"Meh," I replied simply.

He shrugged and pulled out his keys and unlocked the car, getting in and starting it. I followed close after and pulled the passenger door shut behind me. Once he began to drive, I turned my attention to the window. I watched all the random things pass by. It was the second month of Frank and I's friendship and the friends I had before I had him, don't like him. At all. They don't approve of me hanging out with him at all. They don't approve of anything anymore. I'm almost completely sure that if I continue to hang with him, they'll leave me without any second thoughts. They can't forgive Frank, for all those times he teased me. All the times he pushed me down, or shoved me into lockers, or said rude things to me.

He's not that hard to forgive after you get to know him better. After you learn his story. I mean, wouldn't you forgive someone if you knew they're story? Wouldn't you forgive him, if you knew all the shit he's gone through? But, maybe I'm just the only one out of my friends who has a heart. Besides he had to of had a reason to do all those things. I'm almost sure he had a reason.

"Jada, do you want to go to your house or something?" I snapped out of my thoughts at his voice.

"Sure," I mumbled with a shrug.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concern lining his voice.

"Hmm? Oh, I'm fine," I smiled looking over at him.

He just nodded dismissing my 'odd' behavior and turning his attention back to the road. Though, my eyes lingered on his face, and I couldn't seem to turn away. He gave me a sideways glance and I moved my gaze back to the window.

'Damn him! I was enjoying the view,' I thought with a scowl.

I stared out the window some more, going off into Jada Land. That's what my friends say when I zone. Which is sort of understandable. So, I didn't even notice when Frankie started singing along to the radio and glancing at me every five to fifteen minutes. When the car slammed to a stop I actually let out a slight scream of shock. From the drivers seat Frank cursed and sighed heavily.

"The asshole cut me off," he growled gesturing out of the wind shield.

I nodded and looked out at the car that was slowly becoming smaller and smaller in the distance. I blinked in a large mixture of annoyance, embarrassment, shock, and astonishment to see my sister's car driving away. The rest of the way to my house, Frank kept a small conversation, about anything that he could think of, going.

Once he stopped the car, he recognized my sisters car instantly and stared over at me disbelief.

"The asshole lives here?" he frowned.

"The asshole is my sister," I sighed and slumped further into my seat.

He shrugged and got out of the car, walking around to my side and pulling the door open for me. He held out a hand and pulled me up, then he led me to the door, my hand tight in his. I could feel the heat rise to my face. I could just kill that boy.

As soon as we got to the front step, Trisha shoved the door open, almost hitting Frank in the face as he went to grab the door handle.

"So, who's this?" she asked in her 'Little Miss Perfect' tone. Ugh, she sickens me.

"I'm Frank. Jada's friend," he answered sounding bored. "You know, it's not nice to cut people off."

"Oh, that was you? And you didn't crash?" she rolled her eyes. "Oh, damn."

I hid myself behind my black hair trying not to be terrorized in the conversation. I slowly wound up standing directly behind Frank.

'Mhhhmmm. His hair smells good,' I smiled, out of it once more.

"Frank...? Is that you?" I heard a disbelieving voice say from inside my house.

An extremely small, disgusted, and terrified sound escaped Frank's throat. I looked up to see his ex-girlfriend Tonya standing behind my sister... in my house. Frank turned to me, only to find me staring at Tonya in terror, no doubt. He glanced at Tonya and she was staring at me with a hysterical expression, like she was about to laugh at something.

"You hang with McLoser, now?" she giggled looking at Frank. "Wait till everyone else finds out! Your reputation is gone."

He sent one of the coldest glares I have ever seen, at Tonya, but she only laughed more. Trisha and Tonya turned away, throwing me a few more dirty looks as they walked into the house.

That was it. Everything I ever wanted was crushed by stupid Tonya, every time she got the chance. I could feel the tears building up behind my eyes. She took Frank from my grasp in the first place, she's the reason he picked on me I'm sure of it, she hates me for no reason, she wants everything I want just so she can shove it in my face when she has it.

As a few tears slid down my cheeks I turned as quick as I could and ran to the back of the house. I collapsed onto my back as soon as I was out of site in the tall grass. All the tears I was holding back broke lose, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get them to stop.

I heard foot steps running after me and I realized I should have played it off cool until Frank left. It was to late now. I would either have to lie to him or tell him the truth. I'm going with the first choice not the second. The truth might get me hurt.

'What do I say, what do I say?' I panicked.

A pair of arms circled around my shoulders. Okay, how can someone not notice that they closed they're eyes?

I blinked my eyes open and saw Frank laying there beside me, a sad look on his beautiful face. How could I take that happy expression away? How could I? It's my fault he's sad. I just know it.

"What's wrong?" he whispered into my ear, his warm breath sending chills down my spine.

"I love you?" the words poured from my mouth like lava from a volcano. Oh sssshhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiitttt.

He just laid there, without saying a word, burying his head into my shoulder. As we laid there for who knows how long, the sky lit up with lightning and rain began to pour.

"Your beautiful," he whispered, leaning in and kissing me on the cheek. He pulled me into a tight hug and didn't let me go until long after the rain had stopped pouring.

Is that an 'I love you too'...?
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this for my Ducky, back when quizilla wasn't evil. [=