She's A Rebel.

Chapter Seventeen

The next day, I woke up in between Billie and Melanie on one of the king sized beds in Green Day's hotel room. After the kick ass show at The Catalyst, we all decided to drink beer and hangout in their room. Mel and I ended up crashing on a bed, and I guess Billie joined us after we were asleep.

My head was resting on Billie's chest and Melanie was snuggled up to my back with her arm thrown over my waist. I sat up and looked at the clock on the bedside table. It was 10:33, so we had almost a half an hour to get ready and go meet the car that would be taking us to our photo shoot.

I shook Mel awake, and after a few protests, she finally got out of bed. I followed after her and we woke up the rest of our band who had been sleeping on the floor or couch. We ran over to our room and changed our clothes.

We took the elevator to the ground floor and met the car that would be driving us to our photo shoot. The drive was about an hour, but we amused ourselves by telling bad jokes and making fun of each other.

When we arrived, we said hello to Frank and were immediately ushered into dressing rooms and told to try on different outfits to see which ones looked best. And when I say dressing rooms, what I really mean is a flimsy curtain separating me from a room full of people with cameras. So, it was sort of awkward.

Jake and Matt were finished getting dressed first and were sent to a different part of the studio to get their makeup done. When Melanie and I had finally gotten our outfits on, we were ushered into chairs seated in front of big mirrors and tons of beauty supplies.

The makeup artists, Lilian and Rachel, got to work on our hair first, styling and straightening it to perfection. Next, they gave us each red lipstick and dark eye makeup. They painted our nails with a fresh coat of polish and waiting for them to dry was a pain in the ass. We weren't allowed to move for about fifteen minutes.

Once we were all ready, Frank introduced us to the photographer, Neal Preston. I was in awe, just standing in front of him. He had met and worked with many of the musicians that I consider to be heroes in the music scene, such as David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Freddie Mercury, and Sid Vicious. I was honored to be in the same room as him, let alone have him take my picture.

Neal told us that we would be doing a couple of different things during the shoot. The first thing would be would be us standing together, as a band, looking badass. The second would be to pretend to perform in front of a banner which held what Reprise had decided our symbol would be. It was sort of like the anarchy symbol, but it had a 'H' instead of an 'A' in the middle of the circle.

The four of us stood in front of a green screen, that would later be filled in with a cool background by professionals, and waited to be directed. Neal took a couple of pictures of just Melanie and I with our backs against each others and our arms crossed. We were told to smile, but in a smug way, like we were smirking at the people seeing the photo. We did a couple of other poses, and then Neal got some shots of Jake and Matt together, before bringing the four of us together. We posed as instructed and when Neal got all the shots he would need, we moved on to the fun part of the photo shoot.

We stepped away from the green wall and moved to a different part of the studio where there were musical instruments similar to the ones we used while performing live. The only really noticeable difference was Jake's base drum which had our new logo on it.

I grabbed the guitar and put the strap around my torso properly. I took a pick and checked to see how tuned the guitar was. It was a little off, so I fixed it and plugged it into the amp. Usually, they would all be fake, but we told them that if it had actual sound, Neal would get better shots of us because we would actually be playing music.

We started playing one of our songs and it was like the photographers and bystanders just disappeared. It was just me, my band and my guitar. I jumped and rocked out just like I did at all our shows and it was a lot of fun. After the song was over, Neal told us that he got some really good shots of all of us and he couldn't wait to go through them all. And just when I thought we would be leaving, our favorite trio walked through the door.

"Did we miss it?" Mike asked, as they approached us. I walked up to Billie Joe and he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

"Why didn't you wake me?" He pouted and kissed me again. "I wanted to say good luck before you left."

"You looked so peaceful. And besides, we were running late and I didn't have time to get distracted. Forgive me?" I asked with a smile.

"Eh, I guess. But you might have to make it up to me." He said, suggestively pulling my hips closer to his.

"And how exactly should I make it up to you, Mr. Armstrong?" I asked as I moved myself even closer to him.

"Hmm.. I'll leave that to you." His lips went to my ear and his voice changed to a low whisper that drove a shiver up my spine. "But it better have something to do with getting a closer look at you without these clothes on, Miss Marshall. Because you look so fucking sexy right now." I laughed and kissed him again before he pulled me towards the others, arm still around my waist.

"Are you guys up for it?" Frank asked and Billie and I were confused.

"Up for what?" He asked.

"While you were perving on Erika over there, Neal asked if you guys wanted him to take some pictures with us for the tour." Melanie said.

"Oh, that sounds good." Billie said, smiling. "I guess we'll have to change?" He turned to Frank, who nodded.

After about thirty minutes of waiting, the men from Green Day were ready for their close-ups. They all donned their usual gig outfits, black jeans and shirts with red ties and all that. The seven of us stood together and posed as we were told to. It only took about fifteen minutes for Neal to get all the shots he wanted.

"So, what do you want to do now?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short, but I was stuck on what to write.

So, give me suggestions and you'll get more updates :)

Comments are appreciated!