She's A Rebel.

Chapter Eight

"I knew it!" I yelled excitedly, moving closer to him.

"You did?" He asked, confused, tilting his head to the side.

"Mhmm. It wasn't so obvious until recently, but I always had a suspicion that you at least liked her." I said.

"Does she know?" He asked, worried.

"No, she's completely oblivious."

"You mean like how you're completely oblivious about how Billie Joe feels about you?" He asked.

"Whaa?" I asked, tilting my head to the side, much like he had before. "What does he have to do with this?"

"Nothing. But its obvious he likes you. You should hit that." He said.

"You sound like Mel. Which brings us back to the fact that you love her." I said, changing the subject. "So what are you gonna do about it?" I asked.

"I don't know. What can I do? She's not exactly single." He said and sighed.

"Not yet, but she will be. I think I can convince her to break up with her boyfriend. It shouldn't be hard. She's not happy with him anyway."

"Do you think she would even want to date me?"

"Of course I do."

"I really don't want it to complicate the band. If we broke up, it could destroy us. All our dreams would go out the window."

"I have a similar problem." I sighed.

"With Billie Joe." It wasn't a question, it was a statement. I should have known I couldn't hide anything like that from him. I've known him my whole life. I've known all of them my whole life. We're a family. And this family can always tell what's wrong.

"Yeah." I said, looking down.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"I guess so." I met his eyes and continued. "I can't help but like him. He's attractive, funny and someone I've looked up to since I started getting into music. But even if we went out, people would say that was the only reason we got signed and went on tour with them. And I don't want that kind of reputation for us and myself. I would automatically be labeled a whore."

"Things will work out for you, Erika. You deserve to be happy and fall in love just like everyone else and I think, in time, you will." He said and gave me a hug.

"I hope you're right." I said and after a few minutes of silence, my house phone rang. "Hold on, I gotta get that." I said and stood up. I grabbed my phone off of its dock and hit the 'talk' button. "Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, Erika." Billie Joe's voice sounded in my ear.

"Billie?" I asked, just to be sure.

"Yes, its me."

"What's up?"

"Nothing, I was just wondering if you wanted to hangout today or something."

"Oh, yeah, sure. That'd be great. But at five we're going out for drinks at Acme."

"Sure, whatever you want to do." He said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"So what are we gonna do until then?"

"How 'bout we just hangout at my house?"

"Okay. You gonna pick me up or am I driving?"

"I'll pick you up." He said and I gave him my address before hanging up. I walked back over to Matt who was texting someone while sitting on my couch.

"Do I look okay?" I asked.

"That was Billie Joe, wasn't it?" He smiled.

"Mhmm. But that doesn't answer my question."

"You look great, Erika."

"Aww, thanks, Mattie. I'm really sorry but I'm gonna have to kick you out now." I said and he nodded, standing up.

"I figured. I'll see you later, babe." He said and kissed my cheek before leaving.

The next ten minutes of my life were spent pacing my apartment. Why? Because I was nervous as hell. Its not everyday a girl gets to go to a sexy rockstar's home.

I heard a knock at my door and I opened the door. I never look through the peephole. I'm paranoid someone could stab me in the eye through it. Billie Joe stood in front of me, smiling.

"Hey." He gave me a quick hug.

"Hi."

"You ready to go?" I nodded and he grabbed my hand, leading me to the elevator. Once downstairs, we walked outside and over to his car. He let go of my hand when he went to the drivers side and it was then that I realized he had held it the entire elevator ride.

What does that mean?

We made small talk in the car and listened to music on the ride over to his house. I noticed that Billie drives really fast, so it didn't take that long to get to his house.

Once inside, Billie Joe gave me a tour of the place. Along with the normal stuff people have in their houses, he has an awesome pool with a waterfall and a pretty sweet game room. His basement is dedicated to music. That's where he keeps all his guitars on the walls and on racks and he has a sound studio in it. Posters of his favorite bands and inspirations adorned the walls along with his numerous guitars. His house was beautiful.

I went to pick up a Les Paul, but paused and turned to him.

"Can I?" I asked.

"Go ahead." His smile encouraged me and I picked up the guitar and plugged it into an amplifier. I pulled a guitar pick that I always keep with me for good luck out of my pocket and started playing. At first it was just mindless riffs, but then I decided to play "I Wanna Be Sedated" by The Ramones. Billie Joe smiled wider.

"I have an idea. Can you play bass?" He asked.

"Yeah, Melanie taught me when we were in high school, but I haven't played in ages."

"Okay." He said and walked over to the other end of the room. He picked up a bass and tuned it quickly. Then he came back and handed it to me. "I can't play bass for shit, so you take this and I'll take the guitar." I nodded and gave him the guitar. He hooked up a microphone on a stand and I plugged the bass into an amplifier. "On the count of three, we'll play the whole song, okay?"

"Sure." I smiled.

"One, two, three, go!" He screamed and we started playing. Billie Joe sang and, even though he didn't really sound like Joey Ramone, he sang really well. My bass skills were a little rusty, so my playing wasn't perfect, but I did pretty good. Pretty soon, we were jumping around the room, playing our hearts out. We played other Ramones songs and "Anarchy in the UK" by The Sex Pistols. Those were the only songs I knew how to play on bass.

After our little jam session, we went upstairs and into his kitchen. I stood near the table as he rummaged through his fridge. He grabbed two water bottles and handed me one.

"Thanks." I said as I unscrewed the top and took a sip.

"Let's go sit in the living room." He said and we walked to his living room. We collapsed on his leather couch, only half an inch was between our bodies. We were a little sweaty from rocking out and our breaths were coming a little quicker than normal.

"That was fun." I said, after taking another sip from my water bottle.

"It was." I noticed out of the corner of my eye that he was staring at me. I inclined my head to look up at him. When our green eyes met, my heartbeat sped up and I fought back the urge to blush and look away. We stared at each other for what felt like a full five minutes, but could have been seconds. Then, Billie leaned forward slightly and I found myself going closer to him. Our lips were an inch and a half away. He brought his hand up to my cheek and tried to lessen the gap between our faces. My heart kept pounding faster and I could feel the electricity running through my veins at his touch.

Just as our lips were about to finally make contact, my ringtone pierced through the silence. We both jumped, startled by the sudden noise. Billie Joe withdrew his hand and sighed loudly, leaning his head back into the couch. I reached into the right pocket of my skinny jeans and found my cell phone. I flipped it open, without looking at the caller id.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, babe, where are you?" Mel's voice sounded in my ears.

"I'm at Billie's." I said and Mel gasped.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I just called to see when you were gonna be at Acme's."

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"Its fifteen minutes past five, Erika. We said we would meet at Acme's to celebrate." She refreshed my memory.

"Oh, shit, I forgot about that." I said and instantly felt guilty. I can't believe I did that.

"So are you coming?"

"Yeah, I'll be there, just hang on." I said and then turned to Billie Joe. "I have to go to Acme's now to celebrate with my band. You're welcome to join us." I said.

"Sure, if you want me to." He said, with a small smile on his face.

"I do."

"Then I'll go." He said, and I smiled at him before returning to my phone call.

"Hey, Mel, you still there?"

"Yup."

"Okay, we'll be there soon."

"We?"

"Yeah, Billie's coming too."

"Okay, well hurry up.

"Alrighty, bye babe."

"Bye." She said and hung up.

"Do you want to go now?" Billie Joe asked me.

"Mhmm, we're already fifteen minutes late."

"Then we better hurry." He smiled and got off the couch. He turned around and extended his hand towards me. I took it and he helped me off the couch.

When we left his house, he locked the door and walked me to the car with his hand on the small of my back. Once we were in the car, he tore out of the driveway and sped off, heading to Acme.
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you liked itttt :D

comments = loveā™„