She's A Rebel.

Chapter Nine

As I sped down the streets in my car, my thoughts drifted the the beautiful woman beside me in the passenger seat.

She completely blows my mind. She can rock out just as hard as I can and she's really fun to be around. Not to mention the fact that she's one of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen in my life. And I almost kissed her. I thought to myself and then imagined what would've happened if Melanie hadn't called.

My left hand was on the steering wheel and my right hand rested on the middle console. I felt Erika reach over and brush my hand lightly with her fingers. I tore my attention away from the road for a second and looked over at her. She was smiling at me slightly and once I smiled back, hers widened. I held her hand in mine the rest of the car ride.

Once we arrived at Acme, I parked the car and we got out of it. Sometime during the walk over, one of us grabbed the others hand again. It just felt right.

As soon as we walked in the door, Melanie ran up to us and hugged Erika, making her let go of my hand, much to my dismay.

"Hey, guys!" Matt yelled, holding up his pint of beer. "Come join us!"

We all sat down together at a large table. I sat on the end with Erika next to me and Matt in front of me. We all ordered a round of beers and this really tall, kind of scary looking guy with long hair came up to us.

"Hey, Erika. How's it going?" The man asked.

"Greg!" She smiled and got out of her seat to give him a hug. "It's going great. What's up with you?"

"Same old, same old. We miss you here. You still gonna visit when you're famous?"

"You know I will." She said.

"I see you weren't joking about what you told me last time you were here." Greg said and inclined his head towards me.

"Huh? Oh, right." She said and turned to me. "Billie Joe, this is Greg, my wicked cool boss. Greg, this is Billie Joe, although you already know that."

"Its nice to meet you." I said, standing up. I shook his hand firmly and he smiled.

"Likewise. I'm a big fan."

"That's always nice to hear."

"Well, I gotta go now. The missus wants me to pick up some things from the store."

"See you later." Erika said and we sat back down.

"So, what did you guys do today?" Jake asked.

"We jammed at my place." I said.

"Oh, sweet. Play anything good?" Melanie said.

"Mostly Ramones stuff. I played bass and he played guitar and sang. It was so much fun." Erika beamed. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked when she smiled.

"I told you those bass lessons from yours truly would pay off one day." Melanie said.

"Yeah, I just hadn't anticipated them paying off in this way." Erika said.

We joked around and continued drinking booze. Jake put the jukebox on and we all started dancing to music. Matt made a toast in celebration of their band getting signed and it reminded me of when my band got signed. We were so happy and it was awesome to see another band, especially one I love so much, feel that happiness.

By around ten-thirty, we were all hammered. Erika had started referring to me as 'Mr. Sexy Rockstar' and it looked like we had all played musical chairs. No one was sitting in their proper seat and Erika ended up sitting on my lap because Matt had passed out lying on two chairs; one of which being hers.

"Are you having fun?" Erika whispered in my ear.

"Yeahhh." I said and Melanie called to the bartender for more alcohol.

"Sorry guys, but I'm gonna have to cut you off. One of you already passed out." The guy said and there was a chorus of disappointed voices.

"I'm gonna go home now." Melanie said.

"Me too. I'll take Matt with me." Jake said and poured ice water on him to wake him up. Matt yelped in surprise and sat up with a little help from Jake. "Mel, can you help me get him to a taxi?"

"Sure." She said and stood up. Together they lifted Matt out of the chair and carried him to the door. "See you guys later!" Mel called to us and they left. Erika rested her head in the crook of my neck and sighed.

"I'm tired." She said.

"Wanna go home?" I asked.

"Yeah. How 'bout you come with me? It's cheaper."

"Okay. Let's go."

"But I'm comfortable." She whined and pulled me closer to her.

"I'll carry you." I said and I somehow managed to carry her bridal style outside and to a taxi without falling over in my drunken state. Once inside the taxi, Erika stayed in my lap. I gave the cab driver her address, not once taking my eyes off of Erika. She looked up at me and brushed some hair from my eyes.

"You're really beautiful, you know that?" She said and her eyes lowered to my lips for a fraction of a second. I brought my face down to hers and kissed her lips. She eagerly responded and gripped my shirt in her hand, pulling me closer. My right hand ran up and down her leg while the other supported her back.

The taxi arrived at our destination and I broke away from Erika to hand the driver his money. I carried her inside her apartment complex and to her door, but I couldn't get it open with my hands being occupied by making sure Erika didn't fall.

"I'm gonna have to put you down now. Can you stand?" I asked and she nodded.

I put her on her feet and she finally unlocked the door after several tries to get the key in the keyhole. She took my hand and led me inside. I shut and locked the door for her and she pulled me into her bedroom.

"I'm sleepy." She said and collapsed on her bed. I was about to leave and crash on her couch, but she stopped me. "Stay with me." She said sleepily and patted the spot next to her on the bed. Too tired and too drunk to protest, I obliged and laid down beside her. The last thing I felt before I passed out was Erika snuggling into my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?