Give 'Em Hell

Home

Bullets were flying everywhere. This is the biggest showdown by far. There are cops, government police, the organizations guards, and snipers everywhere.

I was breathing hard. I had such a bad feeling about this. We were running out of ammo fast. They kept coming out of nowhere and we had to shoot them before we got shot.

Gerard was more concerned about protecting me than himself. I could understand since I was his wife and I was carrying his child. You couldn’t tell yet just by looking at me though.

We were moving through the building looking for a way out but all the exits we came across were blocked. We would see too many guards and go back the way we came only we’d have more people to shoot.

I was getting really tired and Gerard could see it. He told me to wait in a room while he tried to find a way out. So we found a room that we thought was safe and I hid in the closet with my gun and extra ammo. He kissed me before running back out into the on coming bullets.

I started to cry because the way he kissed me felt as if he were saying goodbye. I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to him yet. I kept my gun ready and jumped at every noise I heard.

I heard someone open the door to the room and I thought it was Gerard so I came out. To my surprise it wasn’t and I had left my gun in the closet. He aimed his gun at me and I surrendered. He picked me up off the floor and took me out into the hallway.

Down the hall a little ways I saw Gerard on the ground. I was lead the other way but I saw people crouching around him. I didn’t know if he was dead or not.

“Gerard!” I screamed

He didn’t move and I kept screaming and fought with the man who had caught me. He finally turned around and took me back to Gerard. He was lying there motionless.

I pulled his head into my lap and held him. The man radioed something and someone said they would be up in a moment to assist.

“Gerard what did they do to you?” I asked crying

He moved slightly and moaned. He had been shot in the leg and had passed out is what the man told me. I ordered him to shut up and leave me alone. Then I realized who it was. It was Drew.

I looked around to find a gun. There was one under Gerard. When Drew turned to look down the hall I pulled the gun free and shot Drew in the head. Something I should have done a long time ago.

I knew Drew had shot Gerard. My efforts were wasted though because right after he went down several men came around the corner and took me over by force. Gerard and I were put into and ambulance that looked just like a normal government truck. They started to take care of Gerard’s leg before he lost too much blood.

He was already going in and out of consciousness from the blood loss. He held onto my hand lightly but I knew he was still there. I wouldn’t let anyone treat me because I would have to let go of Gerard.

I didn’t care that we were caught now I just wanted to stay with him. When we got to the jail-ish place that they took us to we were put in the same room. I noticed there were several other people here.

They laid Gerard on the bed and left some water for us. I pulled his head into my lap again once they had left and cleaned his face off with the water. He twitched a bit and started to open his eyes.

“Gerard be still.”

“Where are we? Are we safe?”

“We’re caught babe.”

“No, no we can’t be!”

“Yes we are. We’ll be fine though.”

“They’re going to kill us.”

“I know Gerard. We can’t do anything. Just go back to sleep.”

“Do they know about you?”

“No.”

“Good.” he said and closed his eyes

I leaned down and kissed his forehead. He raised his hands up to put them on my neck. He whispered I love you and went back to sleep. I put his head down on the pillows and climbed off the bed to look out the window.

There wasn’t much of a view but I stared out of it until I felt hands on my shoulders. I put my hands on top of the hands on my shoulders. I knew it was Gerard.

“How long have I been staring?”

“A while. I was making sure you were alright.”

“Fine. Just disappointed that we didn’t get out of it.”

“Me too. But at least we know that we’ll be together forever.”

“Forever might end tomorrow.” I said

“Life after death.”

“There is none.” I said and looked him in the eyes

I knew he believed in it but I didn’t. He picked me up and pulled me into a hug.

“If you’re right, I’m going to miss you.” He said

“And if you’re right I’m going to hell.”

“We’re both going to hell. We’ve murdered over a thousand men.”

“A thousand evil men.” I corrected

“And we’re just a man and a woman.”

“Right.”

I could see tears in his eyes. I knew I was going to cry. Soon we would find out our fate. I had no intention of telling them about the baby because they would keep me alive until the baby was born while they killed Gerard.

I couldn’t bare the thought of him not being able to see his own child and me being without him. I pressed my lips to his and kissed him softly. I was telling him goodbye.

“We still have the night.” Gerard said pulling me back

“Not much of it. The sun is starting to come up.”

“Are they coming at dawn?”

I nodded my head yes. He kissed me back like before this time letting me say goodbye. A moment later I was lost with him.

I could hear the grind of the door but it sounded so far off. Like we were escaping from the jail cell just by holding each other and kissing. They grabbed Gerard’s arm and started to tug him away. He pulled me with him suddenly fighting to have just one more second with me. I felt him rub my belly quickly before giving in and letting them take him.

I was left in the cell alone waiting for someone to come get me. Suddenly I knew he was gone. I closed my eyes and let one tear fall as I heard the door opening for the same man to get me. It was my time to be executed.

I stared straight into the executioner’s eyes with out fear. I could see Gerard’s body cover in blood just like my dream. I let another tear fall before it all went black. I had gone home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep, it's kind of short for me. Well it's over. New story!!!