Sequel: Life After Death
Status: Sequel, Life After Death, is currently posted!

Accidents Can Happen

Chapter 14

The trip to the airport was quiet. No one said anything the entire ride. I looked out the window the whole time, just humming some senseless song to myself. It only took about 20 minutes to get to the Louis Armstrong International Airport on the out skits of New Orleans. The crowd inside wasn't bad considering it was the middle of summer. Light jazz music filled the almost empty terminal as we walked to our gate. The plane was ten minutes early on arriving, so there wasn't much of a wait.

Once I was on the plane, I sat in the middle section next to Fred and John. I stared at the back of the seat in front of me but I still saw something that I didn't care to know. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Wade sit in the seat across the aisle two rows up. I closed my eyes during take off, hoping to let my lack of sleep take over. But either due to the turbulence or the large cup of coffee I consumed, I was unable to fall asleep. Boredom took over so I read the In case of an Emergency brochure at least 20 times. The first time I read it, I laughed at the stupidity of the drawing. After a while I found that my eyes constantly glanced up at Wade for a few seconds. One time I saw him talking to a flight attendant. She was young with long flowing platinum blonde hair. I noticed that her blue skit was much shorter than the other flight attendants'. Wade must of said something funny because the woman's spurious laugh filled the cabin. "Just ignore him." John said casually.

"Excuse me?" I said, not wanting to let him know that I had been looking at Wade.

"Wade. He knows you can see him. He's just trying to make you jealous. Just ignore him." John said.

"I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous?" I said too quickly. John just shrugged. And I wasn't jealous. Was I? Was it jealously that was making me loathe the blonde flight attendant and her fake laugh? Instantly I felt insecure. But that feeling was quickly replaced with panic. I loved Wade. I loved him but I would never admit it. Not to him, not to God, not to anybody. I would kept my mouth shut and hope that all this was caused by my adolescence and inexperience with relationships.

The rest of the flight back to South Carolina was uneventful. But that was probably because I kept my eyes closed for the last hour. When I stepped off the plane I felt as through a heavy load had been lifted out of me. I exhaled slowly as I followed the guys out of the airport and into the car that would take us back to Fort Jackson. Wade appeared to be back to his normal self, so the trip was no longer silent. I could tell that the guys wished for the silence back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please!