Sequel: Life After Death
Status: Sequel, Life After Death, is currently posted!

Accidents Can Happen

Chapter 4

"Lorna, you're up." Stryker said, breaking the intensely awkward silence.

"Right now?" I asked, gesturing towards the now heavy down pour of rain.

"No, next week. Yes, now!" Stryker said. His voice was very bitter.

"Give me the damn rock." I marched over to him and pulled the piece of rock out of his hands. I turned the heavy rock over in my hands. After I got an concept of the metal we were looking for, I lifted my head. I scanned the forest around me. After a few minutes of staring at the jungle, I was finally able to sense where the rock came from. "It's about two miles east of here." I said with no emotion. Not bothering to see if they followed, I marched into the forest.

*

"Hey, Lorna." I heard an all too familiar voice say from behind me.

I sighed heavily. "What, Wade?"

"You said you were from Boston, right?" Wade said.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, Wade." Even I could hear the annoyance in my voice.

"Then where's you accent?" The stupidity of his question made me stop walking.

"I was born in San Francisco. I moved to Boston when I was ten. And that is the reason I have no accent. Now is that all you wanted to know or do you want to play 20 question?" I resumed walking.

"Yea, how the hell do you know where you're going? It's raining and it's dark." His statement sounded more like a complaint to me but I answered any ways.

"We are roughly six degrees and 27 minutes north of the equator and three degrees and 24 minutes west of the meridian passing through Greenwich, England." Wade's face was priceless. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights. I could tell that he did not understand a single word I said. "Trust me, Wade. I know where I'm going."

"What are you? So kind of walking, talking compass?" I heard Wade say sarcastically.

I smiled to myself. "Yes, Wade. Think of me as a compass." I laughed softly.

"A very, very cute compass." Wade added smugly.

"Will you two shut up?" Zero said. "I do not know who's worse, you or him."

"We're here." I ignored Zero. I walked out of the trees and stepped into a small clearing. In the center was a rock that looked very similar to the one in my hand except it was much larger. Smaller pieces of rock surrounded it. I moved out of the way as Stryker walked further into the clearing for a better look. I watched as a wide smile stretched across his face. He reminded me of a child on Christmas.

"Great job, Lorna." He patted me on the back.

"Yea. No problem." I said not sharing his enthusiasm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!!