Souvenir of Young Love

Take The Pain Out Of Love

“So… are you going to call back? At least answer him Addy!”

“Nope, I’m just going to drop it. I don’t need any drama right now.”

“Addy, don’t do this. Every time a situation involving him that’s going to come up, you’re just going to duck and cover like he’s a bomb and you’re afraid to get love drama poisoning. You can’t keep on avoiding him. I mean, think of Jayden, he’s going to figure out sometime that in order for him to even be here he had to of had a father. He’s going to ask questions. He’s a smart kid Addy.”

“Liv, I just don’t want to deal with him okay? I’m not afraid of getting ‘love drama poisoning’. There is no love. And you know what? There never was! I know Jayden is smart and I do believe too that he’ll ask those questions. I’ll be prepared for that day, but for now it’s not going to bother me. I’m not going to get back involved with Will. He’s just going to come and go like he always has done. I’m not going to expose myself, nor my son, to that.”

“You make him sound like he’s a disease.”

“Well maybe he is! I’m sick of him! I-“ I quickly became dizzy and caught my breath.

Ever since I had Jayden, I haven’t been able to hand stressful situations like this. Dr. Bourquin said that it’s my asthma. I’m on extra medication for it for the time being. He said that since it wasn’t showing extreme signs, and that problems like these weren’t often, I wouldn’t have to worry about it as much. I’m just supposed to watch out for stressful situations like these. In any worse cases I could develop hypertension and I don’t want to go down that road.

Liv quickly grabbed onto my hand in shoulder guiding me over to a chair. She sat me down and I knew I should be preparing for a Livy Lecture.

“Now, before you get yourself sick, calm it down and think it over. Tell me from the beginning. I’m here for you. I just need to know what went on to better understand your choices. I’m sorry I argued back with you.”

“No, it’s my fault Liv. I shouldn’t have screamed at you like that.”

“It’s ok; now just tell me what went on to make you feel this way about him.”

It took almost an hour to tell her everything. From how he was my brother’s best friend, to him being a prick, to us getting together, to me being mad at him again, to me having the greatest birthday of my life, to me having to the worst day of my life, to me not seeing him, and finally to me meeting her. I felt guilty for not telling her the complete truth from the beginning. I left out too many details.

“So are you going to call him? I know that you don’t think its right for you to calm him back, but maybe it is. Maybe it could fix things.”

“Personally Liv I don’t think anything could fix and put back together everything we had. This puzzle, it has too many pieces to count. I’ve lost pieces over time, probably swept under couches or into a vacuum somewhere. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he has lost some too.”

“See there you go with your little Confucius sayings. You little Ad-fucius, you. So to go with what you said, even though some puzzle pieces might be lost, find some things and shape them, colour them, and help use them to fix the puzzle. I mean he seems like he wants to fix it, otherwise why would he be calling you?”

If he didn’t want to fix it, why would he be calling me?
♠ ♠ ♠
more updates soon . It's been tough and I'm so glad I've been getting some help from Talia, Liv, Marty, Chloe, and Nicole. So now it's time for me to hear from you guys, write to me in message or on comments what you want to see out of the story. I wanna hear your predictions and things. And I'm thinking about writing a Tom Sykes story (any suggestions?) or if you have a person you want me to write about let me know!