Summer Love

XIII

Matt got off the couch by my side and started to stalk towards Taylor. “You got a lot of ner-”

“Matt,” I cut him off and grabbed his hand. He glared at Taylor and his expression softened when he looked at me. He saw the pleading look I was giving him and he sighed, understanding what I wanted.

“Taylor, come into my office. We need to have a talk,” dad sighed and walked down the hall to his office.

Taylor gulped but nodded and followed dad like a lost puppy. I tugged on Matt’s hand and made him sit back down on the couch with me. I massaged his shoulders and kissed his neck. He looked at me and I sent him a small grin. He kissed me on the forehead and pushed my hair out my face.

“You alright?” I asked him and ran my hand along his back.

“Yeah,” he sighed and rubbed his face. “Oh, can I use your phone to call my mom and tell her where I am?” he asked.

“Sure. I’ll be upstairs in my room,”

“Okay,”

When he walked away I saw that my mom was smiling at me. “What?”

“He cares about you a lot,” she smiled.

I blushed and gave her a hug. “I’m gonna go lay down,”

“Alright sweetie, good night,”

I ruffled Max’s hair when I walked by and he smiled at me. I walked into my room and got underneath my covers. I saw that the girls had all sent me text’s asking how I was. I started replying back to all of them and I was almost done when I heard a knock on my door. I looked behind me and saw Matt standing in the doorway.

“Hey, come in. Don’t just stand there,” I pulled back the covers and scooted closer to the wall so there was space for him.

Before he got into bed he took off his shirt and kept on his basketball shorts. The bed groaned under the added weight from Matt and he pulled the covers up to his torso. He was on his side and his head was propped up by his left hand. His right hand was running through my hair and he was staring down at me. I don’t know how long we stayed in that position but I didn’t mind. I was soaking in all of his features but most of all I was staring at his eyes. They were still hazel but now they seemed to be shining. They were brighter and a bit golden which I noticed only happened when he was happy.

“You have pretty eyes,” I finally broke the silence.

He started laughing and brushed my bangs back. “Thank you, even though that’s not very manly,”

“You and all this manly crap,” I said and laughed along with him.

“Well, don’t you want a boyfriend who’s manly?”

“Of course, I wouldn’t want a boyfriend that I have to protect,” I chuckled and started tracing a pattern on his chest.

He pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around me. “You’ll never have to worry about protecting me. I’ll always protect you,”

“You’re talking as if we’re going to be together forever. We just started dating,”

“We are going to be together forever,” he grinned.

I laughed and went back to running my finger on his bare chest. “So this isn’t just going to be a summer fling?”

“Of course not. We’re going to be together forever and when I grow up I’m going to be famous with the band and I’ll support you and our 10 kids,”

“10 kids?!” I nearly shouted and shot up.

Matt was now on his back laughing his ass off at me. I told him to shut up and slapped his chest. It didn’t do much cause he was still laughing.

“Babe, I’m just kidding,” he chuckled and pulled me back down. He stopped laughing and his face became serious once again. He turned off the light so only the moonlight illuminated our faces and he pulled me closer to him again. “I would like for us to last a long time though,”

“Really?”

“Of course and I am gonna get famous one day and support you so you don’t have to work in the diner forever,”

“I’m not gonna work in the diner forever,” I laughed. “And I’m going to college and get my own career whether you like it or not,”

“Ugh, women,” he scoffed and he laughed when I slapped him again.

I yawned and Matt kissed my forehead. “Good night, J.D,”

“Good night, Matt,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's short. And I'm terribly sorry that I havent updated in so long. I've just been busy trying to pay for my college classes and with my sister's wedding, but all is well now! I'm going to be updating like crazy! =]