Waitress

Ten

Walking up this haze blocked last night. I remember the show and the coffee, but a little fuzzy on everything else that was going on. Kayla rolled over and nearly slapped me in the face. Dodging her hand I managed to roll of the bed.

“Ow!” Biting my tongue I shouted under my breath. “Well, I’m up and it’s about nine o’ clock. So…I’m going to shower. Yep… Anyway.” I need to find someone other than me to talk to.

Walking down the hall I stumbled into the bathroom, did I say anything about me being an extreme klutz? Well, I managed to scrap my leg on the bath tub. Bath tub? Looking down I found this studded belt. Discarding it into the sink I figured it was Kayla’s, though I don’t think she owns one.

After my shower I didn’t feel like I was swimming in other people’s sweat. I love concerts, but hey have you heard of deodorant or personal space? Wrapping the towel around me I started back to my room. Watching my feet more than what was in front of me, I walked in a serpentine pattern down the hall. When out of the blue I bumped into a shoulder and crashed to the floor for the third time this morning.

“Kayla, why can’t…” My words got stuck in my mouth when I realized who it was. Looking up does anyone want to guess? Come on…guess. No? Well…

“Oh…oh….oh my god! I’m so sorry.” Bill stuttered with his hand closely locked on his eyes.

Looking down I was relieved the towel survived the fall. Scrambling up I ran to my bedroom. Shutting my door I leaned up against it as my heart beat my chest to a pulp. When my breathing finally returned to normal. I tired to move my jelly-like legs across to my bed. Shaking Kayla as hard as I could to wake her she finally got up.

“Why did you invite Bill and Tom here so early?” I screamed in a whisper.

“What?” Kayla stood up in bed and rubbed at her eyes. “We invited them to stay with us last night, why?”

“Oh, no reason, I just bumped into him in the hall.” Kayla looked at me like I was crazy, then she realized what I had on. “In my towel.”

Her jaw dropped. Then, she started laughing, and it looks like she won’t stop for awhile. Getting up I walked to my closet and got dressed. When I was done it looked like Kayla had laughed it all out and without a word walked to my closet and got dressed.

“Feel free to burrow my clothes.” I shouted out to her with a chuckle. She practically lives here, I not even sure she has any of her stuff at her apartment.

While rummaging through my floor to find my hairbrush I stumbled across our passes. Crap! I have to go out and face him. Better now than later. Clutching the doorknob I took a deep breath. Turning the knob I cautiously stepped out into the hall looking for movement.

Walking to the kitchen I found him sitting at the table with his head cradled in his hands. “Um, hi.” I said with a wave of my hand, even though I sure he didn’t notice.

“Oh. Um, hi. About, well, in the…” He started, but I cut him off.

“Forget about it, I’ve had more embarrassing things happen.” Smiling I walked to my coffee maker and nuked a cup. “You want some, I going to make a fresh pot.”

“Yeah, thanks.”

While the coffee pot did it’s magic there was an awkward silence that neither of us had the guts to break. When the pot was done I pour Bill and I a cup and went and sat across from him.

“Thanks.”

“Forget about it.” I smiled, which in return he smiled back. You can just get lost in his smile…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?!
I hope I can up date at least three times a week
so, comments, ideas...