Tequila Shots

beautiful eyes, beautiful lies.

Emily's Point of View
"And I'm Travis." the boy with long, puffy red hair said, pulling me into a hug.
Alex had been introducing me to people all day. He finally had the chance to introduce me to bands when we got to the venue. I met The Maine on Warped Tour earlier that summer. Alex just finished introducing Selena and I to We the Kings.
"Lexy, don't you have to get ready for your set?" I asked, latching onto his arm as we walked through crowds.
"You still have people to meet." he grinned, stopping every now and again for pictures and hugs with fans.
I looked behind me and noticed Selena was still back with Travis, flirting. I rolled my eyes, but smiled to myself.
Maybe that could keep her happy. Boys.
"Hey, man." a tall, brunette boy stopped Alex.
"Good to see you, dude." Alex smiled, pulling the kid into a hug.
"Emily, this is Eric Halverson. He plays in A Rocket to the Moon."
He extended his hand and I shook it.
"Nice to meet you." I smiled.
"This is my girlfriend. She's touring with us." Alex explained.
Eric nodded.
"The guys are back in the dressing room. Do you want to come back and chill with me?" Eric asked.
Alex grinned.
"That works out." he shrugged, pulling me back up on the side stage and back through a hallway.
Eric stopped in front of a door and pushed a key through the slot. He opened and Alex and I followed.
A boy with dirty blonde hair practically jumped on Alex, to give him a hug.
"Fuck, man, it's been forever." the boy said, wearing a goofy smile.
Alex laughed, "I know." he paused and looked around, "where's the ginger at?" he asked.
"If by ginger, you mean me, then right here." a tall, skinny boy, with red hair that was tousled all around his face stood up from under a table.
"Dude, why were you under a table?" Alex asked with a smirk, raising an eyebrow.
"Long story short, Justin thought it'd would be funny to hide my phone so I could play hide-and-seek." he said, glaring at the dirty blonde.
"I didn't think it would be funny. I knew it would be." the dirty blonde - Justin, smiled in satisfaction.
I looked back to the redhead just to watch him shake his head. His eyes caught mine, and he smiled warmly.
"And who's this lovely young lady?" Justin asked.
My eyes were still locked with the redhead's.
"Emily, this is Justin." Alex paused as Justin shook my hand, "and that's Nick." he said, nodded his head at him.
The boy crossed the room and grabbed my hand and shook it.
"Nice to meet you." he said, smiling.
His eyes flew up and down my body and face.
"And guys, this is Emily, my girlfriend."
Nick looked up at Alex and then down at me again.
"She's touring with us." Alex explained, "I hope it's no problem, I don't want it to be akward.
Nick's eyes met mine once again.
"Hey, the more the merrier." he smirked at me.
"Alex! You have to get ready to go out on stage soon!" Matt's voice blared from the other room.
Alex and I bid farewell to the boys and we headed back to All Time Low's dressing room.
So far, I liked this tour. Everyone was so happy and nice to be around. Everyone was always glad to see eachother. I liked all of the bands so far, good, nice people. And plus, I got to see my boyfriend, rather than be miles and miles away from him.
These next couple of weeks were going to be pleasant.
-------------------------------------
Emily's Point of View
"Alright, alright. Simmer down, kids." he smiled, pulling out his acoustic. "So, I kind of have a surprise for you all tonight." he strummed the guitar lightly, turning the tuners.
"When I first learned how to play, I started working on a song. I always only had one verse though. We were going to put it on Put Up or Shut Up, but I could never finish the lyrics. Over these past couple of weeks, I've been able to complete the song. And you guys tonight, get the first taste of it."
Cheers erupted and cameras flew up.
"One more thing, I'd like to dedicate this song to Emily, my amazing girlfriend. This is kind of a surprise for her too." 'awes' echoed while Alex smiled, "this song is called 'Running From Lions'"
He began strumming and, instantly, I remembered the melody.

"Get me out of this place, before I cause more damage,
a small price to pay for building houses out of matchsticks;
and when things get too hot, you've got me to blame for,
every fire that breaks out in every lover's name.

Don't forget, we've got unfinished business,
stories yet to unfold,
tales that must be retold,
and I regret not knowing when to put an end to all this madness,
keeps me wanting,
keeps me wanting more...

Sell me out I'm yesterday's old news,
phrases left on paper,
black ink bleeding through
the pages where we made our history.
Call me foolish,
I feel hopeless...

Running from lions, never felt like such a mistake
Running from lions, never felt like such a mistake
Running from lions, never felt like such a mistake
Running from lions, never felt like such a mistake
Don't forget, we've got unfinished business,
stories yet to unfold,
tales that must be retold,
and I regret not knowing when to put an end to all this madness,
keeps me wanting,
keeps me wanting more..." he finished off strong and his eyes met mine as tears rolled down my face.
'I love you.' he mouthed.
'I love you too.' I mouthed back.
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of changed the history of the song a bit...
thanks for all the comments, keep it up.
please? :)