These Lives Of Ours.

Time laps

I woke up the next morning, wrapped in Ryan’s arms and covered by blankets and sunlight. It would have been the picture perfect scene if I didn’t have to get up and go find a place to stay. “Oh…uhm…good morning.” Ryan blushed and took his arms off my waist. I was honestly a little saddened, but I had better things to worry about.

“What are we gonna do?” I asked, grabbing my bag and not bothering to change. I was pretty used to living in the same clothes as well. There wasn’t much you could throw at me that I couldn’t handle, or didn’t believe.

“Well…” Ryan was biting his lip as we approached the front door. I pulled out the note I had written, thanking Pete for everything. I was going to leave it and then…well…I’m not sure what next. “We could just…go…stay with a friend?” “I have no friends.” I said quietly. “Me neither.” Ryan gave me yet another weak but stunning smile and pulled open the door. Pete was waiting outside, tapping his foot with his arms crossed.

“Uh…hi?” I squeaked, scared of the consequences. “Guys…I know for a fact you two have no where else to go. I made some calls. I know exactly who you are.” Ryan and I both frowned; we weren’t following. “Come on inside. I’ll explain.” We followed him in…not aware that our lives were about to change forever.

*****************************************
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It’s been three years since you last heard from Ryan and Chip. Since they had nowhere to go, Pete “adopted them” and built an extra guest room, which was turned into Ryan’s room.

The two kids became pretty close. They never mentioned the kiss again, but they were certainly close friends. Ryan started his own band with a few of his friends. The friends he never said he had. The band name? Panic! At The Disco. And he started it with his friends Jon Walker, Brendon Urie, and Spencer Smith.

Chip on the other hand, got more into acting. Pete let her take some courses and join the local theatre. She often performs in the plays, but mostly likes to help Ryan with the band. She’s kind of like their manager.

I guess I should return you to the story. We’ll pick back up again on Chip’s POV:

-----------------------------------------------------

“RYRO!” I bounded into his room, completely in a panic. “Yes?” He looked up calmly from the set of lyrics he was trying to perfect. “Friends…yours…. here?” He had somehow learned to understand me over the years. It’s kind of creepy. We finish each other’s sentences, thoughts, and feel each others pain occasionally. It’s bizarre. “Yes, they’re coming. All of them.” My eyes widened and I ran out of the room, down the stairs and into the studio, hoping to find Pete down there.

“PETE, PETE, PETE!” He twirled around and placed his hands on my shoulders. “Eyeliner is in the bathroom, your Faber Drive t-shirt is in the dryer, and your favourite jeans are on the porch.” “How did you?” He pulled out his sidekick and showed off a text from Ryan. It basically said that the guys were coming and I wanted to look good. “Thanks Pete!” I hugged him and took off; collecting everything I needed, then racing back to my bedroom.

It was the same room I had stayed in with Ryan that first night that we came to stay with Pete. It had obviously been re decorated but it still held so many memories. “WHAT’S THS, WHAT’S THIS THERE’S SOMETHING VERY WRONG!” I turned on my laptop and found Fall Out Boy’s cover song, blasting it through the speakers. Pete’s house is so huge, no one else would be able to hear it.

---------------------------------------------------------

I picked up my sidekick and read the message from Pete. “She’s having a panic attack again. You don’t think maaayybbbee she has a crush on one of the guys?” I laughed on the outside but on the inside it was killing me. I had loved this girl since I first laid eyes on her. She was perfect, but that didn’t matter. I had to deal with it.

“THE SMELL OF CAKES AND PIES…” I texted Chip, telling her to turn the music down. If I could hear it all the way downstairs and across the hall, it was too loud. “Fine fine, you’re so picky.” I shut off the sidekick and continued working on some lyrics. “It’s not so pleasant and it’s not so…” I stopped mid sentence. I needed something to finish that with. I could always ask Pete. He’s always helped me before.

“Where’s…Pete.” I texted Chip. “In the studio.” I ran down the stairs and burst into the studio, papers in hand. “And who’s interrupting me this time?” I blushed as Pete turned around, but relaxed when I saw he was smiling. I think he liked raising two teenagers. “Uhm…I was just gonna…se if you could help me?” He waved at the guys and walked out of the studio, me right behind him.

“What lyrics are you stuck with now?” I smiled and showed him the paper. He skimmed over the lyrics, nodded and fixing my spelling. “How about…conventional?” I stared at him. That’s what I had been thinking the entire time, but it didn’t quite seem to fit. “Seriously?” “Totally.” “Thank you!” I wrote in the word and ran back up the stairs. The guys were going to be here…well…soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I heard the doorbell ring so I rushed down stairs; toothbrush in hand and eyeliner smeared everywhere. I didn’t exactly get it right the first time. However, why I decided to leave my room like this was beyond me. I think I was high on something. “Uh…hi…guys.” I should have assumed it was the guys but noooo I had to come running downstairs looking like this. “Chip…did you have some issues this morning?” I smiled and turned around to see Ryan standing behind me holding quite a few sticks of eyeliner. ‘Finish your teeth, then see me.” I laughed…and choked on the toothpaste…and ran upstairs.

“Ok what did you want Ryan?” I ran into the practice room…thing. “Ok, sit. Guys…hang on.” They all nodded and I hopped up on the counted. Ryan took out his eyeliners and started drawing on my face. “What are you doing?” “Don’t move.” I nodded…kind of…and waiting for him to finish. “Voila. Now you look presentable.” I smiled and got down off the counter and moved to the small couch. I always got to sit and listen to the guys practice.