These Lives Of Ours.

Are we ever going to see you again?

The guys finish up their set and I smile at them, not needing to say a word. They know they’re good and worthy of a record deal. “So…I uh…was thinking…” Ryan starts to stutter out. “Yes ickl Ryro?” I laugh quietly at Brendon but soon stop when I realize how uncomfortable Ryan is. “Maybe we could ask Pete to hear the band? Maybe he’d sign us?” The guys exchanged glances. I could tell they weren’t really comfortable with asking Pete for a favour. But it was also their only shot. “I guess we could…” Jon scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. It was truly hilarious watching them be so nervous. “Guys relax. You’ll play him a song, if he likes it great it not, try again later.” They all smiled weakly as we walked up stairs into the living room.

We walked into the living room and had just sat down when someone started pounding on the door. “Don’t move.” Ryan instructed the guys. It may sound a bit weird but Pete didn’t want anyone knowing about us. I guess it wasn’t legal for us to be living here because technically we were run away kids. But anyways, we had managed to stay a pretty good secret over the last three years.

“No…there’s no kids here.” I heard Pete say. My face turned pale and so did Ryan’s. We both knew something had to be up. Who knew about us? “Can you excuse me just one second?” Pete walked into the room and we all immediately ran back downstairs. Panic! guys too. They couldn’t be seen here either.

“What’s going on?” I asked, shivering slightly. I didn’t want to be caught. “You three need to leave. Go out the back door and sneak around. You two…stay down here. I’ll take care of things.” He didn’t answer my question and I was starting to get nervous. “Pete! Tell us what’s happening!” He sighed. “Some reporters are here. They said that someone spotted two kids coming into our house!” I knew it. I knew it would happen one day. How long can you hide two teenagers? “Omg…” I almost started to cry but pushed away the tears. I knew I was over reacting and so was Pete. But we had to be on the safe side. “You three! Go, now!” They didn’t need to be told twice. They immediately left Ryan and I alone, and scared.

-----------------------------------------------

Everyone ran out of the room leaving Chip and I alone. She was shaking slightly, but you could tell she was trying to hide her true emotion. I assumed she had gotten really good at that from being on the run all the time. You don’t really have time to stop and cry. You just have to suck it up.

“Ryan…I’m scared.” So that’s the reason why I was a bit shocked to hear those words come out of her mouth. “Don’t worry. Pete will get rid of them. There’s no proof of anything.” I wrapped my arms around her shaking body and she rested her head on my shoulder. “Ry? Promise me no matter what you won’t leave me.” I almost laughed at the question. I’d do everything in my power to keep her safe and never leave her. “I’ll never leave you. I promise.” I saw her smile and we were both at ease for a bit…but only for a bit.

------------------------------------------------

“You two. You’re coming with us.” Ryan and I looked up at the two men. One was a policeman and one was a reporter. “W-w-why?” I spit it, trying to buy some time. “This man does not have legal custody of either of you. We are returning you to your rightful place.” I looked at Ryan, almost begging him to think of a solution. Being with Pete was the best thing that had ever happened to the two of us. Why was that being taken away? “Come on Chip…we have to go.” Ryan hung his head and pulled my up, never letting go of my hand. All the while the journalist was taking pictures and writing things down. “Don’t worry about a thing guys!” Pete looked really distressed and the last thing I heard before the cop shut the door was Pete calling his lawyer. I wondered if we’d ever see him again.