Space Age Love

Act I- The Mission

Act I- The Mission

Scene1- The Gang’s Reaction

Takes place in Audrea’s bedroom,the space station’s hallway and the café.

(Scene set up): Audrea is waiting inher room, on the space station, for Mekiel to stop by and walk with her to thespace station’s café. Mekiel finally rings the doorbell.

Audrea: Mekiel? Is that you? (Saidslightly annoyed as she walks to the door) You were supposed to be here an hourago!

Mekiel: Yeah, it’s me… Sorry Audrea,I had to do something first. I didn’t realize it would take so long. (Saidthrough the door)

Audrea: Yeah? What did you have todo? (Rolling her eyes and opening the door)

Mekiel: (stammering) Oh… Uh…Nothing… I’ll tell you later. (Blushing)

Audrea: Okay… Well I guess webetter go then. The others will wonder where we are. (Sighing and grabbing hishand)

(When we arrived at the café)

Keaton: What took you guys so long?Finally admit how much you love each other and stop off for a quick make outsession?

Audrea: (Glaring at Keaton) ha havery funny. (Punching him in the shoulder and looking at the wall)

Mekiel: Yeah as if! We don’t likeeach other that way. (Looking at the ground)

Audrea: Yeah, I mean how many timesdo we have to tell you we’re just friends?

Lena, Keaton, Eliza, and Miyo: (instereo) Keep telling yourselves that, but we know better.

Audrea: Whatever.

Everyone’s phone goes off at thesame time. Everyone opens their phone to see this message: You first mission isupon you, you space crafts are fueled and programmed with the coordinates, goodluck and Godspeed. ~Mission Command~

Eliza: Okay everyone let’s go! (Excitedly)

Audrea: Eliza, you need to stayhere and hold down the fort.

Eliza: WHAT?! You can’t tell me Ihave to stay!

Mekiel: Actually, Eliza, Audrea is captain.Meaning she makes the decisions.

Eliza: Shut up Mekiel, everyoneknows you have the hots for her so you’ll agree with every thing she says.

Mekiel: I’m just telling you how itis.

Eliza: Whatever Mekiel.

Lena: Eliza, Mekiel is right,Audrea is captain, meaning she is in charge. Audrea I think we should discussthis as a team you can’t just make Eliza stay home because you don’t want herto get hurt. It’s not right.

Audrea: I do want Eliza safe, butthat’s not the only reason I want her to stay, she has less training than therest of us and I think one of us does need to stay and keep the station safe.

Eliza: Um, sis… (Audrea looks ather) I have more training than Mekiel.

Audrea: (Glaring at Eliza) Yes, buthe’s older and…

Eliza: (Cutting her off) If you saywiser I will just die. Plus we all know the real reason Mekiel gets to go isbecause you’re in love with him.

Audrea: Eliza! You know that’s notit! We need you here!

Miyo: Eliza, Audrea is right. Youneed to stay; you can come on the next mission.

Keaton: I think Miyo is right youshould sit this one out. We’ll need you here in case we need back up orsomething.

Eliza: Fine! But no one better get pregnanton this trip! (Glaring at Audrea and Mekiel and storming off)

Audrea: We better go guys. Time iswasting.

(Everyone rushes off to get theiralready prepared pack and then to their pre-assigned position on thespacecraft)

Eliza: (Running after Audrea justbefore she boards) Audrea!

Audrea: (Turning around preparedfor another fight with her stubborn sister) Eliza…

Eliza: (Running into Audrea’s armsand hugging her tightly) Stay safe sis, I love you.

Audrea: (Slowly wrapping her sisterin a hug) I love you too Eliza. Hold down the fort for us while we’re goneokay?

Eliza: I will. And you come backsafe… You should tell Mekiel, you know?

Audrea: (blushing) I don’t knowwhat you’re talking about.

Eliza: Audrea tell him you lovehim. Trust me he feels the same. You may not see how he looks at you but I do.

Audrea: Eliza, he doesn’t look atme any different than anyone else.

Eliza: Regardless, you should tellhim.

Audrea: (softly) I know… Now youneed to go. I love you. Be good. (Kissing Eliza on the forehead)

(Eliza walks away and Audrea stepsonto the spacecraft, she’s the first one on board)