Prove Your Worth to Me

The Unexpected Truth

I woke up in a place that looked a little like Las Vegas. Bright lights, big buildings, and most surprisingly, a lot of people. 'Holy shit i just had my face blown off! what th-'

My thoughts were interrupted as i felt my face. It was perfectly intact. 'Well, I won't have to worry about paying for plastic surgery...But how could I have even lived from something like that? Oh well, guess I better figure out where I'm at.' I went to the nearest person.

"Excuse me sir, but could you tell me where I am?"

He just laughed at me and continued walking. 'What an asshole...' I thought. I went to the next person. A shy looking girl, couldn't be over 17.

"Excuse me, but could you tell me where this is?"

She was surprised at first, just staring at me. I figured she'd just laugh and blow me off like other old dude, so i started to leave.

"Wait!" said the girl with a mere whisper of a voice. I thought she may have just coughed, or let out a little laugh to herself, but i turned around anyway.

"Are you...are you new?" She almost seemed amazed. Things were starting to get really fucking weird.

"I suppose i shouldn't be surprised...new people end up here every day. No one seems to go to heaven anymore..."

'What the fuck is this girl talking about? Is she messed up in the head or something?'
"Why did you just talk about people going to heaven? Is this like, the happy confession hometown or something?"

She looked at me with that amazed look again. It was getting on my nerves, but then, a lot of things got on my nerves.

"You really don't get it do you? I hate to be the one to tell you, but you are in hell."
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, just to clear things up, just because i am too lazy to learn how to do the italics, i use "___" as spoken text, and '___' as Adam's thoughts.
thats about all. I didn't go into much detail about the layout of the modern "hell" but i will in future chapters.
give me feedback people, its the only way ill get better.