Just A Sick Muse

You Always Say Goodnight, Goodnight

Over the next few weeks Johnny and I hung out quite a bit. We've gone out to eat, we've gone to movies, we've chilled at eachothers places. It's been kind of weird because it seems like we like eachother, but maybe it's just my imagination. I haven't talked to Matt too much these past few weeks. Maybe once or twice a week and for some reason I haven't told him about me and Johnny hanging out. I don't know why, but I didn't feel comfortable telling him that. It seemed like something I just didn't want him to know about.

"So you haven't kissed him?" Devon asked me.

"No." I blushed.

"Why not?" He asked again.

"Well, I'm not really sure what's going on with us. I thought that he liked me but at this point I'm starting to think that he just wants to be friends. He hasn't tried anything. Not even holding hands." I told him.

"I don't know. Maybe you're right. It's kind of weird that he hasn't tried anything, but I don't know. You guys hang out a lot. Guys don't usually hang out with a girl that much if they aren't interested."

"I don't know. I guess I'll just be patient. I don't want to rush anything. And I don't want to try something with him and have him be like...weirded out." I shrugged. " I mean, I like hanging out with him either way."

"Well then, I guess just let things happen how they're going to happen. What does Matt have to say about it?" Devon wondered.

"Umm...I don't think he even knows we've been hanging out."

"Are you serious? Why not?" He asked.

"I haven't told him. I'm assuming Johnny hasn't either because Matt hasn't said anything to me about it. I am sure he would have teased me about it by now if he knew."

"Why are you keeping it from him?"

"I don't feel like I'm necessarily keeping it from him...well I guess I am...but I mean if he asked about it I wouldn't lie. I just don't really know what to say...Speak of the devil." I said as my phone started ringing and I checked the caller ID to see it was Matt himself.

"Alright I'm gonna get going. See you later ok?" Devon said. He had dropped me off after work.

"Ok cool." I said before he left and I answered my still ringing phone. "Hey Matty."

"Hey you. Where are you hiding? I haven't seen you for ages."

"I've been working a lot and stuff. You know just hanging out." I told him.

"Cool. I'm having a barbeque Saturday. Want to come? I've been missing you bitch."

"Oh yeah, that makes me feel missed. I aint no bitch."

"You know it's a loving term of endearment." He laughed.

"Yeah it totally is." I scoffed. "Yeah I'll be there."

"Cool. I'll talk to you soon then."

"Yep. Later." I said and hung up. "What's with guys and barbeques?" I asked myself.

Johnny told me he was going to come over tonight so I thought I'd get cleaned up and dressed now so I was ready whenever he got here. When I was done getting ready I thought I'd make dinner for him. Although he's not vegetarian, I am so I decided to make a tofu stirfry and hope that he liked it. I finished getting it ready and put the cover over the pan on the stove to keep it warm. After a few minutes I heard a knock on my door and Dandy ran to the door barking.

"Alright Dandy, shush." I said as I opened the door. "Hey." I smiled.

"Hey. For you." He said smiling and handing me a single lily.

"Aw, thank you. I love lillies. It's beautiful."

"I know, and you're welcome." He said and came in to my apartment.

"Are you hungry? I made dinner." I said walking towards the kitchen to put the flower in some water.

"Oh, yeah I am." He said.

"I hope you don't mind. I made a tofu stirfry. I hope you like it." I said.

"I'm sure I will. I will eat just about anything." He laughed.

I told him to sit at the table and I dished up a plateful for him and put it down in front of him. He thanked me while I went and got myself a plate. He waited until I sat down with my food to start eating his. He told me he liked it and we ate and chatted. When we were done I put our dishes in the sink and we decided to watch a movie. I put on Death Race figuring he would like a movie with action. I decided to sit right next to Johnny. After a few minutes he put his arm around my shoulders. Of course as usual I blushed like mad. Then it took me a few more minutes to get the courage to lean into his side. I rested my hand on his thigh and we sat like this until the end of the movie.

"What time is it?" Johnny asked me.

"It's 11:15." I told him.

"Ughhhh. I wish I could just stay here." He said with a smile as he looked down at me still leaning against him and he squeezed me into him more.

"You can if you want." I said quietly. He groaned again.

"I would if I could. Unfortunately, I have to be up early tomorrow and I have a feeling if I stayed here I wouldn't want to get up early." He said.

"Well that's up to you then." I teased.

"Don't do that." He sighed. "I don't want to go, but I have to."

"That's fine." I smiled.

"Alright." He said and I moved off him and he got up. When we walked to the door he grabbed both of my hands. "I'll call you."

"Ok." I said. Then he let go of my hands and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back. Then he leaned down and gently pressed his lips to mine. I was suprised but quickly reacted and kissed him back. It was an innocent kiss and didn't last long. Johnny pulled away and sighed.

"I gotta go."

"Kay. Goodnight." I said.

"Goodnight Ellie." He said and I closed the door after him. I leaned my back against the door and smiled like crazy. I went to bed thinking about how he finally kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a slow udater. Sorry :(
Here's chapter 10! Hope you like it.