Just A Sick Muse

Tear It Up

I continued to chill with Aron and Matt until Lisa showed up about fifteen minutes later and the boys excused themselves to go work the grill. Lisa sat down next to me with a sigh.

"I'm sorry I'm late, the traffic was hellish." She said.

"It's ok, but I'm glad you're here now. You're never going to believe what I just found out." I told her with an eye roll.

"What? Oh and where's Johnny?" She asked.

"Well, it's about him. Apparently he has a girlfriend. She's been away this whole time and just got back in town." I told her cocking my head to the side with a "Can you believe it?" face.

"What? Are you serious? Why didn't they tell you sooner?" Lisa asked getting pissed off.

"Lisa, they didn't know anything was going on. Now I know why he never said anything. It's not a big deal, I'm so over that."

"No you're not. What a jerk. He better not show up here today." She told me.

"Lisa, no. Don't say anything. Don't do anything."

"Fine, but he better not come near you."

"Don't worry." I said as I looked towards the back gate to see Johnny walking through yelling to the guys and holding a girls hand. I roll my eyes and look at Lisa. "The best part, is that he knew I was coming today. So obviously he isn't worried about me finding out."

"Wow, that is just stupid. What if you went over to her and told her he's been making out with you while she was gone."

"I wouldn't do that."

"But he doesn't know that!" She said raising her voice. "and if you ask me, you should."

"Ok shh. Don't talk so loud I don't want him to think I even care." I said as I saw his eyes move towards me and the expression of his face changed completely. By seeing the look on his face, it looked like he forgot I was going to be there. I just gave a sarcastic smile and went back to a regular conversation with Lisa. I saw her eyes going towards him every so often.

"I think he's coming over." She whispered quickly.

"Great." I scoffed.

"Ellie, uggh, hey?" He said sticking his hands in his pockets. I turned around in my chair and looked at him.

"Oh hey." I said and turned back around to Lisa, "So yeah, we should definitely do a job this weekend before I start work..."

"Ellie, let me explain." Johnny interrupted.

"Explain what?" I said holding my hand above my eyes so I could see as I looked up at him.

"George, come see this!" I heard 'Kristal' yell and Johnny turned around and yelled 'one second'.

"You better go, GEORGE." I said emphasizing the name. "Wow, I didn't know you at all."

"Don't do that..." He said.

"Don't do what? Be mad that you didn't even tell me your real name?"

"Look ok, I really do like you." He whispered.

"Just go to your girlfriend, I'm not interrested." I told him in a neutral voice. He just looked at me for about ten seconds and then turned and walked away.

"What a loser." Lisa commented. "I can't believe he thinks you would be into him after that."

"Really." I said and I saw Matt coming over with a plate.

"Ellie, I brought you you're food. If you want anything else just let me know." He said. "Lisa, you can go grab whatever."

"Thanks Matty." I smiled taking the plate.

"What she gets served but I have to serve myself?" Lisa asked.

"Well, she doesn't have a choice cause she's Veggie. You, I have no clue what you want." He defended himself. "Otherwise I would have."

"Or you just know you can't get in my pants." She smiled and Matt blushed like mad.

"Are you blushing Matty? That is something I have never seen." I laughed.

"Shut up." He said.

I had a couple more beers as to not get drunk and do something stupid before getting ready to head out. I would have left as soon as "George" arrived, but I didn't want it to look like I cared that much.

"I'm gonna go now Matty." I said giving him a hug.

"Already?" He asked.

"Yeah I've gotta work in the morning..." I told him.

"Alright then. We'll hang out soon."

"For sure." I smiled.

I saw Aron was just sitting on his own at the moment and decided to say bye.

"Hey Aron, I'm heading out." I told him.

"What? Already?" He asked and I laughed since it was the same exact reaction as Matt.

"Yeah I have to...but I'll see you around." I said.

"You better." He said pulling me in for a hug.

"Was good to see you again." I said.

"You too."

I didn't bother saying bye to the other guys because they looked like they were busy talking with ladies and what not. I didn't even look to see what Johnny was doing.

We got into Lisa's car and left.

"Ugh, that was so brutal. Here I thought it was going to be a good day and look how it turned out. But I'm not gonna let him get me down. I was fine before him...I'll be fine now." I said to her.

"That's the attitude!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, it's been ages. I'm so sorry!
Thank you to everyone for the comments, etc. You are awesome, I suck!