Status: Completed.

Will It Hurt?

13 Epilogue/ Alternate Ending

**************
Gerard’s POV

40…..41….42….43….44…..45…..46…..47….48….49…..50….51…52….53….54

….55….56…57…58…59…60

Any time now…..


My “cell” door opened. I looked up from my bed and say a guard bringing Jeff in. It’s been three months since he last came to see me. I sat up and they locked the door. He came over to me.

“Can I leave this place yet?”

“I talked and they said you can leave the asylum tomorrow.”

“Is Rose okay?”

He sighed, “Gerard….” He came and sat next to me, “How many times do we have to go over this. The second bullet entered her in a vital spot.”

“Not okay then?”

“Gerard, Rose Cross does not exist anymore. You know this.”

“But” I hanged my head.

“Gerard, look at me” I looked up at him, “Rose Cross does not exist anymore.”

I gave him a puzzled look. I truly didn't know what he meant.

He stood up, “Come see me tomorrow.”

*****NEXT DAY***********

After two years wearing jeans for the first time is so weird. I was heading to Jeff’s work. I wonder what he wants. I walked up the steps of the new police building and into his office.

“Oh Gerard.” He stood up and walked by the door, “You won’t talk long I’m sure so sit and get to work.”

I looked puzzled at him. I, as in me, won’t talk long? What is his issues dude? He left and I sat down in front of his desk. I did a double take. He had a folder on his desk labeled Rose Cross.

Curiosity is a bitch.

I grabbed it. I opened it slowly and start looking through it. All of her past was flashing in front of my eyes as I read. It was surprising how much she went though.

Died.

Wait a minute.

What’s this?


I flipped the page.

Witness protection?

The name Alexis Johnson was posted cleary for me to see. She was alive. I grabbed one of his pens and wrote the address down and threw down the folder. I rushed out of his office and down and out of the building.

I reached the address and saw her. Her hair was died blond and she was standing on her porch with a man. She didn’t. She wouldn’t.

I watched as he entered her house. She had moved on. She just forgot me. No. Don’t jump to conclusions. He’s just a friend of hers. I kept telling myself that. Trying to believe it. It was becoming a smaller thought the more I thought about it. She doesn’t make out with a friend.

I growled. I walked up to the door and knocked on the door. HE opened the door. He was at least five foot four with black unkempt hair. It was rather short. He had piercing hazel eyes. Speaking of piercing he had his lip and ears pierced. He was in faded jeans and a black shirt that read “Kill ‘em All” and had a skull on it.

“Yes?”

“Is Alex here?”

He looked at me confused, “Uh….yeah.”

“Hey hun? Some guy is here to see you.”

Hun? That bitch is dead. I’ll kill him. I was fighting the urge to kill him right on the spot. I just wanted to cut him in little pieces. I will. Just not now. She came to the door and froze.

All the emotion and color drained from her face, “Gerard?”

Frank looked at her, “Do you know him?”

“Uh, yeah. Old friends. Highschool.”

“You never mentioned him before,” He’s voice was getting paranoid.

“She hasn’t seen me since then.”

He looked back at me and glared. I take it he doesn’t like me. Well, we’ll fix that right up. I stood up taller, “May I come in?”

“Uh sure. I’ll go make some coffee.”

I walked in and he closed the door, “No. I’ll do it. You two need to catch up.”

I followed her into a living room and he walked off. She turned and looked at me. I glared a her and she just stared at me.

“Who the hell is that? Rose, what the hell?”

“Gerard, please calm down.”

“Who is he? How could you? I…I “ I walked forward and she stumbled and fell on the couch.

“His name is Frank. Frank Iero. My fiancée.”

I raised my eyebrows, “So what? You hear I’m in a psych ward and you jump to the first guy you see?”

She glared and stood up “They told me you willingly went into witness protection and for me to just forget you cause you didn’t want anything to do with me.”

I couldn't process it all, “I…I…You moved on so quickly.”

“What was I supposed to do? Wait and expect you to come around?”

Frank came back in with two mugs of coffee. Ha placed them down and went back to where he was.

“Look Gerard, I’m sorry I moved on but we might as well just go our separate ways.”

I kicked the coffee table, “Is that all I am? A forgotten memory?”

She held her hands up defensively, “Gerard calm down.”

“Oh I am calm. Believe me, I could be crazy and you know it.”

“Gerard, I think you should leave. You need to move on.”

Like hell I would!“Bitch!”

She flinched back at my loud voice. Frank came back, “I think you should leave Gerard.”

My eyes narrowed, “I saved you and this is how I’m repaid? I could have let that bullet hit you.”

Frank looked at Rose, “What is he talking about?”

“Rose, you are a bitch. You said you cared and I believed you.”

She started crying, “Well how do you think I felt? Huh? I had a fucking murder in my house…How could I trust you?

“What the hell is going on?” Frank screamed, “Her name isn’t Rose.”

“Yes it was till she went under witness protection.”

She turned to him, “Frank…Please.”

Frank turned to her, “What? Who are you? Wait you’re the cop that,” Frank looked at me, “You’re the one who gave her those scars!”

“I’m not him. I saved her from him.”

“No the new ones”

I couldn't escape that, “I. Well, I am responsible for those but I was drunk.”

Frank was testing my angry limit, “That doesn’t matter. You belong in jail.”

“I’m not the bad one!”

His voice elevated, “You hurt her!”

HER?! I hurt her? Oh hell no, “I never hurt her. I promised her that. She hurt me.”

“Gerard just leave,” She whispered.

“She’ll leave and hurt you too. It just takes time.”

Frank was hysterical, “She’d never leave me. You? Yes. Me? No. I never hurt her.”

I really wanted to rip he annoying ass apart. I reached out and punched him. Him being as short as he was knocked him down to the ground and out. She gasped and grabbed the phone.

“Gerard, leave now and I won’t call the cops.”

“Call the cops? You’ve always threaten me with that, but never do.”

“Gerard I mean it.”

I tackled her to the ground. I knocked the wind right out of her. I wrestled the phone away and threw it. It crashed against the wall and broke into small pieces. She was screaming and struggling under me.

“Get off of me.”

I pinned her arms to her side. She was still weak. I still could overpower her. I pressed my lips to her neck.

“Get off of me you fucking dick.”

“I’m going to have fun killing you. Traitor. You’re just like the rest of them.”

“Kill me and you’re like him.”

“Oh well…”

“Gerard be reasonable…”

“It’ll be fun watching the color drain from you body.”

“Gerard, I’m sorry.”

“Funny. Every person I’ve killed tells me that.”

“I mean it.”

“If you did you wouldn’t have rushed to get married.”

“Gerard I told you! Jeff said you didn’t want anything with me.”

“I love you oh so much,” I kissed her forehead, “I’m sorry but you betrayed me.”

“Gerard.” She started crying.

I grabbed her and dragged her down the hall. I found the kitchen and opened a draw. Duct tape. Brand new roll. I told her to sit and she did on a wooden chair. I duct taped her hands together and started it around her body.

“Gerard, what are you doing?”

“Can’t have you ruining this. By the way? Do you have rope?”

She kept quiet.

I went and looked through drawers. I found a knife. I grabbed it and placed at her neck.

“Rose, I’m not patient.”

She didn’t respond.

I forced her face to look up and cut a small line in her neck. It started to bleed.

She started crying again, “Gerard!”

“Rope?”

“In the basement.”

“Which way?”

“Through the door behind you.”

I went down and found a switch. The light flicked on and I was grated by a dim light. I found the rope and went back up. I walked past her and headed to Frank.

Her voice was getting higher, “Gerard, what are you doing?”

I was always so blunt, “Killing you fiancée.”

“I’ll never forgive you!”

“Same goes for me, Sugar!”

I grabbed him and turned his passed out body over. I tied his hands together. And then his legs together. I grabbed him and dragged him into the kitchen. I wanted her to watch. I pulled him up and sat him in a chair next to her.

“Gerard….”

I sighed, “What?”

“Please don’t hurt Frank.”

I laughed, “A little late.”

I pulled out my cell phone and called Damian. He answered with a lazy voice.

“Damian, I need a cleaner now.”

“Ok, Where?”

I cited the address and Damian hanged up. Now how to kill him? That is the question asked. I looked through the cupboards. I found it. Draino, your clog removing substance. A very strong base. I smiled, this was perfect. I turned around and showed Rose.

She looked flabbergasted, “Gerard, please. God no. Shoot him anything but that. Be human.”

“But why? But it’s so much fun.”

“Gerard, I’ll do anything but don’t kill him like that.”

“Anything?”

She nodded.

“I want you to stay with me and not betray me. Stay with me. Everyone has left me.”

“Okay Gerard. I will, please put it down.”

I did and went over to her. Her neck had stopped bleeding. I kissed her lips softly, “Do you promise?”

“Yes.”

“Swear.”

“I swear to you, Gerard Arthur Way. That I will never screw you over ever again.”

“And you stay with me.”

She was still sobbing a little, “I’ll stay with you.”

I smiled, “Good!”

I released her and the cleaner showed up.

“Gerard?”

I nodded at him, “Rose get your things packed up.”

She nodded and left quickly.

The cleaner looked at me, “How do you want him dead?”

“Oh I’ll do it, I just need it all gone.”

“How are you killing him?”

I showed him the cleaner. He smiled, “Very creative…”

Frank was waking up. I grabbed the chemical and unscrewed the lid. Franks eyes went big. He started to get out of his chair. The cleaner held him down. I tipped the bottle and it poured into his mouth.

I watched and smiled. I pulled the bottle back as he started to shake. Blood and foam was pouring out of his mouth. With such a chemical I was expecting more. The cleaner let go and Frank fell to the ground. I kicked his body….

He was still alive. In a lot of pain. His whole body was being burned by the harsh base. Every organ had to be exploding. The cleaner turned him over and blood squirted up. I dodged it and backed up.

“He’s all yours.”

I turned and left. I went upstairs and found her packing clothes in a suitcase. She closed it and loomed at me. She seemed scared. Can’t blame her. I grabbed her and she grabbed the suitcase. I dragged her down the stairs and out of the house. I wasn’t going to let her see. I dragged her all the way to Damian’s store. We got a car and I stared driving. After a few hours we reached a cliff.

I smiled and she looked at me, “Gerard? What are we doing here?”

I smiled, “Baby? We’re going all the way.”

I shifted it to drive and locked the doors. She panicked and undid her seatbelt. She tried to get the lock but it wouldn’t work.

“Gerard please, I’m pregnant.”

I glared, “Sugar, You better buckle up.”

She did what she was told. I reached over and kissed her softly. She was completely hysterical. I smiled and slammed my foot hard on the gas. We went straight over. Darkness consumed me.

And we fall together and for us we spill blood. Shall we live or live for all eternity? Love ya babe and see you on the other side….
*****************