‹ Prequel: Surrender Your Heart

If I Only Had the Heart

09

Kylie, despite her immense amount of stress, had slept well that night. She woke up at around noon feeling relatively good, considering whom today’s events involved. She crawled out of her extremely comfy bed and walked slowly into the florescent lights of her bathroom. She stripped out of her pajamas and climbed into the shower after turning the water on.

She took her time showering, letting the hot water rinse the worry that slowly started to creep in as thoughts of meeting Audrey played through her head. Audrey was a sweet girl, so really, what’s the worst that could happen.

Kylie gulped just thinking of the possibilities.

When the water started to give her goose bumps from turning cold, Kylie got out and toweled herself dry. She got dressed and when she realized she still had an hour left until Audrey was going to be there, she ordered some room service.

While she waited on her food, she got her laptop out and turned it on. She checked her email and logged into Twitter, curious as to what the guys were doing on their day off today. There were no new updates from them and Kylie laughed. They were probably still sleeping.

There was a knock on her door, and she got up to answer. It was her room service. She smiled and paid the guy and then grabbed her food and brought it into her room. She took a seat on the big white comforter of her bed and opened the container. “Chicken tenders and French fries,” she smiled as she popped a French fry into her mouth. It was probably one of her most ordered meals ever, and also one of her all time favorites.

She tried to eat her food slow, but Kylie never had been a slow eater. As she popped the last ketchup drenched fry in her mouth, she got up and threw the container away. She pulled her phone out and checked it. It read two o’clock, on the dot. She smiled and took a deep breath. “Now or never,” she mumbled to herself and left her room, venturing down to the lobby where she was to meet Audrey.

***

“Kylie!” the brunette exclaimed, smiling.

She returned the smile. “Hi, Audrey. How are you?”

The older girl shrugged. “Oh, you know. Same old, same old. How have you been?”

“Alright.”

Audrey smiled. “That’s good. I’d ask you if you wanted to go grab a bite to eat, but I just ate to I’m not hungry. Want to just head up to my room?”

Kylie shrugged. “Sure.”

The two girls walked over to the elevator and waited as the familiar ding sounded, signaling the departure from each floor. Both girls were silent, Audrey wanting to wait until they were sitting to tell Kylie her big news and Kylie, having a hard time thinking of anything to talk about, chose to just stay silent.

They went up to floor five and Kylie laughed. When Audrey gave her a confused look, she explained this was the floor she was staying on. “I’m in room 516,” she further explained.

Audrey laughed. “Come on,” she said and dragged the blonde down the hall.

They stopped at room five fourteen, and Kylie couldn’t help but chuckle a little. “Of course.”

They ventured into the hotel suite and Audrey told Ky to make herself at home. “Sit down, we have to talk about something.”

This is it, the younger girl thought to herself. She sat down on the couch and crossed her jean clad legs. “What’s up?”

The older Flyzik sibling sighed and took a seat next to Kylie. “Now, I know you and Matt broke up. I know what happened, and I want you to know I think it was an asshole move. I should be all team Matt or whatever, but I’m not. Okay?”

Kylie gave her a small smile as an affirmation.

“Now that that’s out of the way, I have some bigger news.” She held her hand up as she said, “Brian proposed to me!”

Kylie laughed and pulled Audrey in for a hug. “Congratulations!”

“Thanks! But there’s more,” she said as she pulled away. “I have a favor to ask you.”

“Ok?”

“I want you to be one of my bridesmaids!”

Time stopped. There was nothing Kylie wanted to do less than be in Matt’s sister’s wedding. “What?” she asked, weakly.

“I know I’m asking a lot, and I know you probably really don’t want to. But I’d really appreciate it. We’re not doing a big wedding and it’ll be nothing fancy. I just want my friends and family there. I consider you my friend, Ky, and I’d like you to be one of my bridesmaids.”

She didn’t move. She couldn’t speak. She was too surprised by the request. Of course she couldn’t say no. How could she? Audrey was practically begging her. She threw in a little guilt too, and it was practically a done deal. Kylie didn’t have a choice unless she wanted to hurt one of her friends. She swallowed the lump in her throat and forced a smile to grace her face. “Do you have a date set?”

Audrey burst into a smile. Her plan was working already. “Yeah… well, kind of. It’s either going to be during the Fall Out Boy tour or right before they go to Japan.”

Kylie nodded and then registered what her friend had said. “Excuse me?”

“What?”

“Japan?” Kylie exclaimed. She had no idea the boys were going to Japan to tour. “Why did no one tell me about this?”

“You didn’t know? Matt didn’t tell you?”

“No! When would he, though? We aren’t exactly speaking.”

Audrey smirked. Now was her chance. “Speaking of which, that was the other thing I came here to talk to you about. You and Matthew need to talk like the adults that you are.”

“We tried, but it failed and quite honestly I don’t feel like trying again.”

“So you’re giving up?”

Kylie shrugged. "What else is there to do, Aud?"

The brunette sighed and shrugged, also. "I can't convince you to do anything you don't want to, so let's drop this. Moving on to the second reason why I wanted you to come over. I'm having an engagement party in two days back in Baltimore. The guys are all coming up, and you are too. Ok?"

She sighed. "Do I have a choice?"

"Not if you're going to be my bridesmaid, no," the older Flyzik smiled.

Kylie laughed, but agreed to come to the engagement party, making Audrey happy. The two talked for a little while longer, and then Kylie was informed that Matt would be there soon so if she didn't want to see him, she better leave soon.

Before she did, she promised Matt's sister one more time that she would be at the engagement party. "Alex said he and the guys would pick you up since Matt was coming up the day before. Dress fancy please!" the brunette pleaded.

Kylie laughed, but agreed, and after hugging Audrey, she left. She decided shopping for a new dress that would make her look awesome at Audrey's engagement party would relieve some of her stress. SO after stopping at her room to get her purse, she left the hotel, determined to find the perfect dress.

***

“You're early," Audrey commented sarcastically as she opened the door to let Matt in.

“No I’m not I’m right on time.”

His older sister rolled her eyes at him and said, "Come on," as she dragged him over to the couch. "So my engagement party is in two days. You have everything in order, right?"

Matt laughed lightly. His sister had called him a week ago to tell him about the engagement and ever since then she had been bugging him about rental cars and little plans for the party. "Yes Audrey, everything is good to go. Calm down. Now why am I here, for real?"

“I need to tell you something,” his sister said as she took a deep breath. “I never told you this because, well… I never told anyone. But I think it kind of applies to your situation, and therefore I’m going to tell you. Brian and I broke up our junior year of college. We were fighting a lot for no reason and I don’t know why, but we did. So that night, Brian went out and got trashed and slept with some other girl. He said he didn’t know why he did it, but I do.”

“Why?”

“He was afraid,” Audrey answered honestly. “So was I, really.”

“Of what? Each other?” Matt joked, worried where this conversation was going.

“No, of falling in love, of love itself, of the idea of needing someone so badly.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“Because you’re in the same situation. You need to grow a pair and talk to Kylie like the two adults that you are.”

Matt sighed. “We aren’t in the same situation, Audrey. Not by a long shot okay? Stop butting in."

"She's coming to the engagement party. It's you're choice as to if you want that to be awkward or a good time."

"Audrey, I have tried to talk to her okay? We're just too different and too angry."

"Do it for me, okay? I want you two to have fun at the party, not be stressed out."

"Wait a second," Matt stopped his sister. "Why is she coming to the party?"

"She's in the wedding as of one hour ago."

"Really, Audrey?"

His sister smiled. "Get over it, bro. This is my wedding."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so just a few changes. Sorry guys, I had to. I couldn't get a good plot going with the last chapter I had, so I had to change this.

Next chapter just might be out tomorrow... Wednesday at the very latest!

I love you guys... thanks for sticking with this story even though I suck at updating.
<333