Ready, Set, Go?

6-packs and Sunscreen

As we pulled into the community pool's parking lot I noticed a lot of the guys from school crowding around the grill. I looked at Zak pleadingly. He knew that they hated me. He knew what I went through last year.

"Zak, I can't go out there. I'm wearing a bikini," I said trying not to freak out. "They're going to make fun of me. They always do."

"Make fun of you?" he asked mockingly. He chuckled. "Not with me here." He showed off his muscles. I looked him up and down. He was wearing navy swim trunks from Hollister. His tan abs shined in the sunlight. His arms were muscular as well. I looked at him again.

"Yeah like you'd ruin your image for me," I said grabbing my bag off the floor of the car.

"I'd do anything for you," he said. He got out of the car and walked around to open my door for me. I got out and looked at him.

"Umm," I said nervously. "Thanks?"

"You're welcome," he said closing the door behind me. As I walked to the gate he bounded up behind me and put his arm around my shoulder. I looked up at him in surprise.

"Umm," I fumbled to find the words. "Wh-what are you doing?"

"Just go with it," he said while looking down at me smiling. He kissed my forehead and we walked through the gate.

The guys crowded around the grill turned and looked at us. "Hey, it's Amy," one called out. They all started whispering to each other. "Hey, Zak, whatcha doin' with Amy Harlow?" the same guy called again. I realized it was Trevor. I looked up from the ground and looked at them.

"Well, I'm kinda here to swim and tan with her and stuff. Then we'll probably go down to Cardinals and get a hamburger and share a chocolate shake," he said as if nothing was wrong with me. "What are you doing with all those guys over there? Oh, wait never mind I forgot you came out of the closet about it. Sorry." Zak walked over to two chairs and layed out his towel on one. Then he took my bag and laid out my towel on the other. He grabbed the sunscreen out of my bag as if nothing had just happened. I was still gawking at Trevor as all the guys around him stepped away. He looked at them nervously and then started trying to convince them that what Zak said wasn't true. I started laughing and looked over at Zak as he squirted sunscreen into his hand. He was stradling the pool chair and patted the spot in front of him. "Sit." he said. I looked at him confused. I took off my cover up and sat down. "Sit like I am dummy. I promise I won't bite." I sat down in front of him and looked at him. He scooted forward and put my hair up. He started rubbing my back. "I told you I'd do anything for you." He rubbed the sunscreen on my back gently while I applied it to my chest and stomach. He then started rubbing sunscreen onto my arms. His whole body was touching mine. He was warm it gave me goosebumps. I turned around and looked at him.

"You know you don't have to do this right?" I said.

"Yeah, I know," he replied and started putting sunscreen on my legs. I watched him curiously. I had never seen this side of him. I hadn't ever gone with him on one of his dates. "How far are you willing to go with this?" he asked leaning towards me some. My heart began to race.

"As far as you are," I said trying to stay calm. KEEP BREATHING AMY! I screamed to myself in my mind. He chuckled and put his hand on my cheek.

"Really?" he said. He leaned a little closer. His forehead rested on mine. I looked into his eyes while biting my lower lip. My eyes widened slightly. He chuckled again and stood up. I followed him smiling slightly. My longing for him grew stronger. I want him to kiss me. Why did you leave you big dummy?! I thought to myself as i stood by the edge of the pool by him. I looked over at him. He smirked at me and then, much to my surprise, pushed me in. The water rushed around me. I swam to the surface and gasped for air. I got up fast enough to see him dive in. I brushed my hair out of my face and rubbed my fingers under my eyes to make sure nothing smeared. I turned around to see him swimming right behind me. I gasped a little and we both began to laugh. "Still want that burger later?" he asked.

"Sure," I said and splashed him. I swam away as fast as I could. I got to the staris and climbed out. I stared down at him. "But, you're buying." I grinned. He laughed and splashed me.

"Of course," he said. "You know you're really cute wet?" With that he began to splash me again but the splashing never stopped. I ran away squealing. I wonder if if he really meant that. I looked up at Trevor sitting at a table with the guys near the pool. They all were staring at him in a funny way. I lay down on my towel and put my sunglasses on. Nah, it's for Trevor. But you gotta admit he's the best best friend ever. I watched him again. But he'd be a better boyfriend. I closed my eyes tightly and looked up again. I sighed. Would he ever really notice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!
Subscribe!

♥,
Mel