‹ Prequel: All I Ever Wanted
Status: Finished

11:11

7

“When you see Max, tell him to call me, okay?”

“Why can’t you call him?”

“I have… He hasn’t called back. He said he was busy with school stuff.”

“Oh, okay…”

I trail off and give Luke an encouraging smile, even though I know that’s a bad sign. When Max says he’s busy with school stuff, it’s time to back off and give him space.

“Um… say hey to Alex for me?”

I smile at Ryder’s sad attempt to be civil towards me. He’s been pissed since he found out that I wasn’t really in town at CVS. Then he found out that I’m leaving and got even more pissed off.

“I don’t think I’ll tell him that. That might piss him off.”

Ryder’s eyes cast downwards and I hear him curse under his breath. Luke rolls his eyes, his trademark expression, and that’s when the announcement that my flight is boarding comes over the intercom.

“Well, I guess I have to go now.”

Luke stares at me, tears threatening to spill over. He thinks that I’m not going to come back.

“Luke, I told you a million times-”

“You’re coming back, I know. But I’m just… I’m going to miss you, I guess…”

“It’s only a few days… maybe less. Alex might not even want to see me, so then I’ll come home early.”

“Okay… I know. I think that he’ll want to see you, though. I just have that feeling…”

I smile a bit. Luke always tries to make me feel better about things. He returns the smile and pulls me closer for a hug.

“I know that everything’s gonna work out, okay?” he whispers so that only I can hear. Ryder stands awkwardly to the side, pretending not to listen to our conversation.

“Thanks, Luke. I’ll remind Max to call you once I see him.”

“Alright… Do you think he’s like, mad at me or something?”

“No. You two are fine. He’s probably just really busy.”

It’s a slight lie, but I don’t want to tell him what I really think about the situation. It would just make him even more upset.

He nods, as if to agree to what I’m saying. “So, you’re gonna be fine, right?”

“Going? Yeah. Coming home I might not be.”

“Everything will be fine!”

I don’t really know that for sure. For all I know, there could be a new girl in the picture and I could be wasting my time. But I’m going anyway, because I have to at least make the effort. I’m not fine, though. Nowhere near it. I’m flipping out inside and I don’t want to admit it to Luke. But sometimes you just have to say ‘yeah I’m fine’, hold back the tears, and walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short and totally boring ! The next part will be even better ! Promise (:

Leave comments ... they make me happy.