The Straight Edge Superstar and the Charismatic Enigma

Chapter 20

July 2009

"And do you Phil Brooks take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The pastor asked.
"I do." Phil answered
"And do you Demi Jones take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do." I answer looking Phil in the eyes.
"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Phil grabbed my waist and gave me a soft yet passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck while everyone cheered. I even think I heard Jeff.

Yea Phil won and Jeff is still my best male friend. Matt has stopped being a bitch and actually came to my wedding. Mel was my maid of honor while Mickie, Candice and my now sisters-in-laws were my bride's maids. Phil had his brother as his best man, which kind of pissed me off. Kofi, and Jeff were groomsmen.

"Oh my god you're finally a Brooks now!!" Hannah squealed
"Welcome to the family." My now mother-in-law said.
"Thanks." I smile.

My mom came up to me and hugged me tight. "Aww, you're not my little baby anymore."
"It's okay mom, please don't cry." I say trying to hold back my own tears. "You have me and Phil now."
"I know, sweetie." She cooed.

~~~~The reception party~~~~

I was dancing with my step father since it was the first dance. After 2 more songs, my husband--wow it's gonna take me a while to get used to that-- came up to us.

"May I butt in?" He asked

My step-father nodded, kissed my forehead and went to sit with my mother.

"How does it feel to be Mrs. Brooks?" Phil asked.
I smile and kissed his lips as he snaked his arms around my waist. Then Jeff interuppted us.

"Can't you guys save that for later? This is a dance floor, not a freak show!"
"Who are you calling a freak?, Mr. Fruity Colored Hair." I say jokingly
"Not that kind of freak!" He said rolling his eyes.
"Oh you mean the kind where people be alone and do freaky stuff." Phil smirked.
"You guys are hopeless." Jeff sighed walking away.

Phil and I laugh a bit. Then I slide my hands around his neck and lay my head on his chest listening to his heart beat.

"You still haven't answered my question." Phil said.
"That I get to be with the best man alive." I say dreamily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading my story!!