Sequel: Just To Be With You

You Always Go And Rescue Me

ch. 11

Chapter 11

When we did wake up, we showered and got dressed to see more of Zach’s family. I admired the beautiful necklace that went perfectly with my low cut shirt. It was just stunning, I couldn’t even put it into words.

We spent the day doing the typical American-family Christmas, and I didn’t stop smiling the entire time. He never left my side, and we stole glances from across the room when we would momentarily engage in separate conversations. I couldn’t get over how good he looked in his red button down shirt, but then again, he wore the color a lot, so I should’ve been used to it.

When we got home from a long day, we went down into the finished basement and watched Elf in our pajamas. We were exhausted and were soon dozing off into sleep in each other’s arms. A little after one in the morning we went upstairs, he kissed me good night and we went to our beds because we had to get up to go home in the morning.

I fell onto my mattress and immediately fell asleep. I didn’t realize how tiring family time would be, but it definitely was. It felt so nice to fall asleep after the storybook past few days I’d had. My eyes were heavy and it didn’t take long for me to fall asleep. It was weird being in a different place than I was used to sleeping, but it didn’t phase my exhaustion.

By now I should have been used to being awaken in the middle of the night by a pair of arms wrapping me up into them, but it always gave me the surprising effect of butterflies. I smiled as Zach slipped in the bed and formed our bodies to a perfect mold.

“Thank you for spending Christmas with me and my family. You’re everything I could ever ask for and more,” Zach whispered into my ear.

I grabbed his hands, which were comfortably around my waist and let out a little, soft moan. “I’m glad I came.”

“Maybe next Christmas there will be more to celebrate.” His voice raised slightly as his tone became full of anticipation.

“Winning the cup?” I toyed with him.

Zach laughed. He was leaning on his arm so that he was raised higher than I was. I could feel his smile as he sweetly talked into my ear. “Yeah, we could add that to the list.”

“MVP?” I kept going. My eyes were closed but I knew our playful conversation was entertaining him.

“As nice as that would be, I doubt I have a shot over Marty,” Zach joked back and he tucked a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear.

“Well, then you got me stumped. What are we celebrating love?”

“Maybe…sometime soon….I was thinking more along the lines of us being in our own place.” His tone was a little more serious but I didn’t think much of it.

“You know I’d love nothing more than to wake up next to you every morning. Well, every morning you aren’t traveling, but you know I can’t move in with you unless we were married.”

“I know...” This time there wasn’t anything playful in his voice.

My eyes popped open as I realized what he was saying. I turned over to face him in disbelief.

“Zach…are you…” I didn’t even know what exactly I was trying to ask, I just knew the point I was trying to get to.

“Now don’t get all excited just yet. I’m not proposing to you right here, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I was wondering if you felt the same way,” he said hesitantly, “…Or if that scared you to talk about.”

“Of course I do! I’ve pretty much felt that way since we met.” I moved my arms up and put one hand on his cheek with the other folded under my head. “It doesn’t scare me at all.”

“So… if at some point I asked you an important question, it’d be something you wouldn’t be afraid to answer?”

My smile took on a mind of its own. “You’re serious? You don’t think it’s too soon? No one would try to talk you out of it?”

“I don’t care what other people think- and if you mean Travis, I barely listen to him when we’re in the same apartment. Sarah, I know what my life was like before you, and it’s not like I was miserable… because I was happy, but when you came along…it’s like all the things I never knew I was missing, they just kind of rushed in, and knowing how much more worth-it life is, I would never want to even consider living the rest of my life without you by my side. My life wouldn’t make sense if you weren’t in it, and I know I don’t even want to try.”

I knew exactly how he felt, I’d often find myself thinking about what a wonderful life we could have…and usually I’d catch myself before I got too carried away, but the fact that he was looking into my eyes and telling me he wanted to marry me; that it was somewhere down the road of our future, I didn’t even know what to say.

“Zach…you’ve brought out feelings in me I didn’t even know I had. I don’t know what I would do if I ever lost you-“

“You don’t have to worry about that,” he said reassuringly.

At that moment I pressed my lips to his. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and pulled me in closer to him. His tongue was knocking on the door to my mouth, and I couldn’t open it fast enough. I loved this man and he wanted to have a future with me. I didn’t think he could make this holiday anymore amazing than it already had been, but of course I underestimated him.

Our passion soon led to him mounting himself on top of me and before I knew it he was pulling at my shirt.

“Are you sure,” I asked in-between kisses. “We’re at your parents house.”

He never stopped kissing me, “I don’t care,” he moaned.

I lifted my hands above my head, giving him permission to take off my shirt. I didn’t have anything on underneath since I was in my pajamas. His lips soon found my bare chest as his hands freely roamed my body. I swiftly tore the white shirt that was coming between my naked skin and his and tossed it to the floor.

It was times like this, times where he would hold himself up above me that I would admire his perfectly sculpted arms. I ran my hands lightly over them and kissed down from his neck and along his muscular arms as his tongue was busy investigating my neck. I was tingling with pleasure, I wanted him-he wanted me- and it was getting harder to stop.

Our intimacy was something that few could compare to, and as our awareness for the other’s pleasure grew, so did our breathing. I was worried that every member of his family heard each moan and every gasp for breath, but he wasn’t as concerned. I knew we had reached another level in our already strong relationship and I couldn’t wait to be back in New York and back to our normal lives…with privacy.