'Cuse I Won't be Back again

Before The Storm

"Mommy." I heard some one whisper, I slightly stirred and stuffed my face into my pillow.
"Mommy, Wake uwp." the soft voice seemed to get louder.
"One more minute baby." I mumbled. I heard the little one sigh and mumbled as she giggled.
I drifted into a deep sleep, until I felt a body hit mine.
I made an 'oof ' sound and shot open my eyes, that met a pair of brown ones.
I laughed and held my daughter's small figure.
"Okay, I'm up." I said kissing her head and stroked her hair.
"Oh-Tay." she smiled and hugged me.
"Now you're going to pay, Ellery." I said evilly.
Ellery's eyes widened.
"The Tickle monster!" I said ending it with a 'Grr'
Ellery screamed and tried to get away.
I smiled and griped her tighter while tickling her.
Ellery laughed uncontrollably.
I laughed with her as she squirmed.
"Okay, so I was thinking we could go to the park before little league?" I asked as Ellery smiled her smiled and nodded.
"Okay, let's go and take a shower before we eat okay?" Ellery nodded and got of the bed.
I smiled while getting our clothes ready, Ellery had her neon pink dinosaur shirt with her blue jean shorts and pink converse.
I have my green dinosaur shirt with blue shorts and black converse.
I walked into the bathroom to see Ellery staring at the iHome.
I smiled, it was nice to know that she obeyed my rules.
well, it was basically the only rule besides the knives and stove and what not, but it was to not touch the iHome at all.
Okay so it sounded kind of harsh, but it's dangerous, it will ruin the equipment and/or get her electrocuted.
yeah, so who's thinking now!
Ellery smiled at me and looked back at the iHome.
I placed the clothes on top of our stool and turned on the iHome.
Demi Lavato started to play through the speakers.
Ellery started to undress as I filled the bathtub with bubbles and her toys.
After mine and Ellery's showering/bathing, Ellery started to accessories and I walked into the living room.
"crap." I whispered, i forgot about the pictures of the Jonases and the D.V.D.
If Ellery finds out, then there goes my secret.
"Crap, crap, crap." I mumbled gathering all of the papers plus the journal and quickly shoving them into the yellow package, stuffing the two numbered post-it's into my back pocket.
Then the D.V.Ds, I gathered all five C.Ds and gently placed them inside the smaller yellow package and into the larger one.
I sighed and blew away my bangs from my face.
"That was so close." I mumbled as Ellery skipped into the living room.
"Mommy?" Ellery cocked her head to the right in question.
I smiled and quickly left the living-room picking up Ellery with.
"So what do you want for breakfast?"
"Getti?" she asked as I smiled and nodded.
"Okay, leftover spaghetti!" I shouted and fled towards the fridge.
---

"Okay Ellery, I want you to keep an eye on the ball, ready?" The softball instructor asked.
Ellery nodded and griped onto the large bat.
"Okay, now go." He threw the softball and Ellery lightly hit it, causing the ball to shoot towards the instructor, which he quickly caught before things got ugly.
I smiled and searched for my cell phone.
My left hand stuffed into my back pocket, and soon felt a post-it.
"Crap." I murmured.
I pulled out a pink sticky note.
Of course it had to be the Jonas household.
'It just takes one phone call.'
Idalis' voice shot in my head.
I rolled my eyes.
"What the heck." I gazed at the number then at my phone.
as I pressed the area code, I soon froze.
'what if they hate me?'
'what if they stalk me with phone calls because of caller I.D'
'What if Joe picks up'
"Oh, hell no, I'm not doing that." I murmured.
I then heard a squeal, I quickly looked up and saw Ellery cheering.
"Mommy, I did it!" she jumped up and down letting her long hair flow with.
I smiled and cheered her, searching for the ball.
Which was behind the fence.
Whoa, my girl has skills.
"Keep up the good work, Elle." I shouted and gave her two thumbs up.
I quickly searched around the park.
I soon spotted what I was looking for.
"Fred, can you please watch Ellery, I need to make an important call and I forgot my cell phone." I said quickly hiding my phone.
Fred, the instructor, smiled and nodded.
"Sure, go ahead." he quickly said and started to instruct Ellery again.
I walked out of the baseball field and started out towards the phone booth.
'just one phone call'
"I know, Idalis, gosh." I snapped with a smile as my thoughts of her laughing started.
"I need to get more friends." I mumbled Idalis' voice started to talk.
'Yes you do'
"Shut. Up." I giggled.
I'm going psycho.
I reached the phone booth and pulled out the pink Post-it.
"Okay, Val, you can do this." I mumbled and pulled out the attached phone and dialed the area code.
I quickly froze.
'Just do it Val, gosh, they miss you'
I rolled my eyes at Idalis' voice.
I soon dialed the phone number and waited for the rings.
two rings passed.

"Hello?"

I froze, no. not him.

"Heloo?"
"N-Nick?"


My voice cracked as I heard Nick slightly gasp.

"Val?"
"Y-Yes...... I-I Love Y-You."

I waited for a while.
"I-I-I Got to go, bye."

Tears fell down my face.
His voice cracked so much, his voice sounded hurt.
I quickly hung up.
How could I do that to him?
I chocked on my sobs for a moment and soon cleared it.
Ellery's practice was almost done, so I had to get to her quickly.
I pulled myself together and wiped my tears.
---

"Hey Val, you've got another package. Looks like you've got yourself someone who cares for you." My superman said.
I smiled and grabbed the package.
I've already gotten three of them, one for every week.
After the first package, three weeks ago, Idalis has been opening up to me with her famous D.V.D's.
"Thanks Phil, but no one can replace you." I said giving him a hug and walked into the glass elevator.
Nick's voice still echos in my head.
Why didn't he say he loved me?
Does he hate me?
I sighed as I watched two teen aged girls walk into the apartment building, with the Jonas Brothers t-shirt.
I rolled my eyes and turned to the open elevator doors.
As soon as I stepped into my floor, my face soon met it.
"Okay, Ouch." I said as my back was in pain due to a ton on me.
Well, maybe I was overreacting, just alittle.
"I'm so sorry!" a masculine voice said lifting himself off of me.
I soon rolled on my back, giving it a small crack, and looked up at the ton.
Whoa, is all I could say.
His blue eyes gazed apologetically into mine, and his built arm offered to help me off the floor.
I closed my mouth and griped onto his warm hand; In one move, I was off the floor and into his arms.
I gazed up at his tall self, and slid out of his arms with a tinted red face.
"Im still sorry, I was in a hurry, but," Mystery guy checked his watch and sighed " I'm late, so no use of being in the meeting for two minutes." He gazed into my eyes with a small smile.
He stuck out his hand.
"I'm Logan, I work in Jay's Records and Producing, company just across this building." Logan gestured towards his job.
I smiled and took his hand,
"I'm Valentine, But call me Val. I work in Freda's Fashions, and I have a daughter." I smiled as he raised his eyebrows.
"If you don't mind, May I ask how old are you?" He asked letting free my small hand.
I smiled and shook my head.
"I don't mind, I'm eighteen. And before you ask, My dad raped me and abused me, then killed himself after he found out I was pregnant." I shrugged and Logan started to frown.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring this up-" I pulled up my hand to make him stop.
"No, it's okay, I'm used to it, how old are you?" I asked with a smile and adjusted my purse.
Logan started to smile.
" Nineteen, do you live here?" Logan asked running his hands through his brown hair.
"Yeah, three doors to the left from the elevator." I said then quickly recovered.
"I'm sorry, but I have to go, The babysitter must be waiting for me." I said griping his hand and shaking it.
"Nice to meet you, bye." I said quickly running and slide my key into the slot, and found an asleep Ellery, and a tired looking Alina.
"I'm so sorry, I got caught up, But I met a guy." I said with a smile.
Alina quickly got up and dragged me into the kitchen with a smile.
"Who?" she asked quietly.
I laughed.
"Logan, a guy that accidentally ran into me on my way here, and we talked a bit, he is so gorgeous!" I squealed and recovered with a cough.
"It's about time you let guys break your 'no dating' wall." Alina smiled and grabbed her purse.
"I don't have a wall, I have a block." I pouted as she smiled and put her hands up.
"Okay, whatever." She rolled her eyes and tip toed her way out of the room and out of my place.
Then a small knock came from the door.
I sighed and rolled my eyes.
"Alina, Did you forget your ke-" I opened the door and found a blue eyed Logan at the door with a yellow package.
Logan kept a small sly smile, and raised the yellow package.
"You dropped this, and forgot to pick it up." Logan said passing it to me.
I smiled and grabbed the yellow package.
"Thanks, do you want to come in?" I offered as he shook his head.
"No thank you, I have to see my boss. But would you and your daughter like to have ice cream with me in, thirty minutes?" Logan asked, stuffing his hands into his pockets.
"Sure Im sure Ellery would love that,Thanks. Oh and good luck." I said with a nod as he nodded his head with a smile and left to the elevator.
"Thanks,Bye," He called out with a wave.
I waved back and closed the door.
I smiled to myself and turned around to see a sleepy looking Ellery then to my Package.
"What the hell?" I asked to myself with a smile.
I quietly sat down on the couch and opened the package.
One picture fell out, as I dumped out three more pictures.
Then a smaller envelope was dumped out, I suddenly opened it and found one D.V.D.
I smiled and quickly put it in the D.V.D player.
I waited for a moment, as a family photo was shown on the main menu screen.
Then a personal song came up, I listened carefully.
"This is for you Val," Joe's voice called.
Then the most beautiful song came up.
I know this isn't what I wanted
I never thought it'd come this far
Just thinking back to where we started
and how we lost all that we are

We were young and times were easy
But I could see it's not the same
I'm standing here but you don't see me
I'd give it all for that to change

And I don't want to lose her
I don't wanna let her go

Standing out in the rain
Need to know if it's over
'cause I will leave you alone

Flooded with all this pain,
Knowing that I'll never hold her,
Like I did before the storm
Before the Storm

With every strike of lightning
Comes a memory that lasts

Not a word is left unspoken,
as the thunder starts to crash

Maybe I should give up
I'm standing out in the rain,
I need to know if its over,
cause I will leave you alone.

Flooded with all this pain,
Knowing that I'll never hold her,
Like I did before the storm

Trying to keep the light from going in
And the clouds from ripping out my broken heart.
We always say a heart is not whole without the one,
who gets you through the storm.

Standing out in the rain, knowing that it's really over
Please don't leave me alone, flooded with all this pain,
knowing that I'll never hold you, like I did before the storm
yeah
Like I did before the storm


I wiped my ears and heard the song replay.
Somehow it was meant for me, Nick sang it so beautifully.
I coughed slightly and pressed play.
Then the song cut off and soon Idalis came onto the screen with her big smile.
"Hello Vally, It's been three weeks, hopefully you called the Jonas household, because I sure as hell didn't get a freaking call." Idalis pouted as I laughed.
"Don't you laugh at me." She pointed her finger towards me,

I laughed harder, gosh she's such a psycho, I mean a psychic.

"Well, Things aren't going too well. I keep mentioning you to Nick, but he just keeps ignoring it. We gotten into a really bad argument, so I'm making this video to keep myself from crying."
Idalis kept her eyes on me, and slightly wiped her eyes, that were apparently watered.
"Gosh, it's just a stupid argument." she mumbled to herself.
She then covered her face in her hands and sobbed,

I kept watching, wishing I was there.

"No, it's not okay," Idalis looked at me and sighed "You should've heard how he yelled at me, Val. He never yelled at me, He never looked so angry, he never looked so hurt. Val, You've got to call him." Idalis sobbed again.
"I love him, so, much. I can't stand to see him like this."
Idalis recovered from her break down and shook her head.
"Just call them," Idalis then shot her head upwards and looked quickly back.
"I got to go, bye."
The screen went black and then a video showed.
Well apparently it was just a picture of Nick and Idalis, with voice.

"Idalis, Just shut the hell up about her!" Nick yelled

I gasped and lowered the volume.

"Gosh, sometimes I wonder why I am your boyfriend." Nick yelled again
"W-what?" Idalis Voice started to break.
I heard Nick Sigh.
"Nothing, just, nothing." Nick said quietly.
"N-No. what do you m-mean?" Idalis demanded.
"I need some time to think Idalis, okay. I'm having Second thoughts about the engagement" Nick said.
"O-okay, Fine. Y-You can have all the time you want. I will not marry you Nick Jonas." Idalis whispered and then a slight pin drop was heard.

"N-No, Idalis, Please listen." Nick said.
"You've said enough Nicholas." Idalis said sternly.
"Idalis, I-I love you. I don't love anyone but-" Nick became quiet.
"Y-you still love her, I get it Nick." Idalis whispered.
"NO I DON'T LOVE HER!" Nick yelled.
Then silence came.
"Talk to me whenever you find the words to fully love me." Idalis whispered Then the picture faded away and lead to the main menu.

I wiped my tears and stared at the screen.
"I was the cause of their argument." I whispered to myself and quickly ran out of my apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, writers block, thyroids and sickness.
Grr, worst summer ever