The Pros and Cons of Loving

Part 1

Image
Image

5 Years Later…
Frank’s POV

“Just have him back by ten, Gerard.” I sighed in an annoyed tone.

“He’s my son too. You can’t tell me when to have him back.” Gerard snapped, brushing some of his bangs from his eyes.

“Aiden, babe! Gerard’s here!”

Aiden came down. “I have a date tomorrow with Eric and the last two weekends I’ve missed them because of you, Gerard. I want to be home by nine.”

“So he can go out on a date at ten at night tomorrow with that fag but he can’t be with me?” Gerard snapped at me.

“Just because you have a fiancé doesn’t mean—ugh, just fucking…. He goes across the fucking street with Eric, not to another city an hour away.” I snapped. “Oh and do tell your home wrecking whore I said hello.”

Gerard glared.

I hugged Aiden. “See you tomorrow, hon.”

“Bye, Dad.” He said and went outside, his messenger bag on his shoulder. His boyfriend Eric was out there.

My son is so emo. He really is and I love it. So do girls. Which is really funny. He and Eric are always making out in front of girls and… well, every teenage girl loves emo boys kissing so they always watch.

Which is why Aiden’s friend Brooke is always giggling.

I swear, Aiden has no shame. He’s already scared off four neighbors this year. One was a minister. That day, Aiden declared as the van sped off, was the best day of his life. All of this, mind you, is with his current boyfriend.

“Come on, Aiden.” Gerard snapped.

Aiden pulled himself away from Eric, then leaned in and kissed him again.

“Bye, I love you.” Eric whispered.

“I love you too.” They kissed once again.

Brooke, who was sitting on the ground, laughed.

“Aiden!”

Aiden pulled away, glaring at Gerard. Eric also gave Gerard a dirty look, but not a very noticeable one. Eric is pretty shy, especially when it comes to Gerard.

“That woman isn’t going to be there, is she?” Aiden snapped, getting into the car.

“She lives there, what do you think?” Gerard snapped back, also getting into the car.

They drove off, Aiden waving at everyone. I looked at Eric and Brooke, smiling. They waved and left, after quietly saying bye. I sighed, going in, and then laid on the couch. I hated when Aiden was with Gerard. It was always so lonely.

Aiden’s POV
The Next Night….

It was 11:30 when I got home. I told Dad I didn’t feel good, went to my room, and snuck out. I had to see Eric.

I knocked on his window gently. He opened his blinds and smiled, pushing the window open. “Hi Aiden.”

“Hey.” I grinned, pulling him carefully out of the window, grabbing his shoes that were nearby while I was at it. “Come on.”

“Where?” he asked, kneeling down to pull his shoes on.

“Our date.” I grinned again.

“I’m in pajamas.” He said, blushing. “And we might get caught.”

“Your mom will think it’s cute and my dad knows I was sneaking out because he waved out the window when I was on my way over.” I said, taking his hand.

“But—.”

“But what?” I asked, smirking.

“You’re better at this sneaking out stuff. I worry.” He said, walking extremely close to me.

“We’re just going to be pond so it doesn’t even count as sneaking out.” I smiled at him.

“Okay.” He smiled.

It was weird, seeing him like this. Never bad, but weird. His dyed black hair (originally blonde) was usually straightened and he usually had on eyeliner and really tight clothes. Now he was in one of my old Misfits t-shirts (I’d been looking for it for weeks) and sweat pants.

He did have on his red chucks though. They were his trademark.

“I love you.” He smiled.

“I love you too.” I grinned, poking him. “That’s my shirt.”

“I know…” he nudged me and laced our hands together. “We won’t be like our parents and divorce. We’ll be together forever.”

“If we don’t drive each other crazy first.” I said, pulling him in for a kiss. His hand that wasn’t in mine rested on the small of my back, sending a shudder up my spine. We stayed like that a long time, before he finally pulled away.

“But we shouldn’t stay out too long…” he said nervously.

I smiled and dragged him to the lake. We sat on a dock and he curled to me, sighing happily. I ran my hand through his hair and down his neck. He closed his eyes, sighing contently.

As much as we loved to make out in front of people, we’d never had sex. We had been together a full year, but we’d liked each other and flirted for two. He always wanted to wait though and I was fine waiting until he was ready.

“I don’t want to leave you.” He whispered, eyes still closed. “I want you to be with me forever.” he pulled me down by him.

“I will be.” I said, sliding my arms around him.

“I know.” He kissed me passionately, sliding his tongue into my mouth. I groaned, massaging his sides. He moaned in response, shuddering beneath me. He was very responsive to touch. I pulled away and looked him in the eyes, after he opened them in frustration at lack of touching. He had the most beautiful starry gray eyes I had ever seen, and his dyed black hair made them even brighter.

He smiled at me, and then yawned.

“I’ll quit molesting you now.” I grinned.

He sat up. “I’m kinda tired.”

“Okay we’ll go home… but tomorrow you won’t get off that east.”

“I can’t wait.” He grinned.

Frank’s POV

I hear Aiden sneak back in around one. I wasn’t angry, I knew he wanted to see Eric and it wasn’t his fault Gerard had had to sober up before driving him home.

I lay on the couch silently. I never really slept in a bed anymore because it was just easier to crash on the couch.

Around noon that day, I went to see if Aiden was awake. He was, on the phone with Eric. Already.

“Morning.” I smiled.

“Hey dad.” He smiled.

“I’m gonna go grocery shopping soon. You want anything?”

“Yeah, I’ll make a list.”

“Mmkay, babe.” I left.

About ten minutes later Aiden handed me a list. “Can Eric come over?”

“Yeah.” I shrugged. I knew, regardless of what I said, if Aiden was having sex he would even if I told him Eric couldn’t come over. And I knew Aiden wasn’t a virgin for a fact.

“Alright.”

“I’ll be back, babe.”

“Kay. Bye.”

Eric’s POV

“Eric, I’m going out tonight.”

I looked up from the new book Aiden had given me as an early birthday present, shocked. “With who?”

Mom smirked to herself. “That isn’t important honey.”

She’s dating again. I sighed to myself. The last time she had a boyfriend I ended up in the hospital. Mom never picked good guys to go out with. The last one was kinda psycho. Mom left the room and, because I’m gay, he pinned me to the wall by my throat. I had a combination of an asthma attack and an anxiety attack, ending up in the hospital a week.

Aiden had stayed with me, though. That was only four months ago, and here mom was dating again.

“If you don’t want to be home alone, have Aiden or Brooke over. Or I talked to Frank and he doesn’t mind if you stay the night.”

“Okay…” I said.

Oh God, thanks mom… now my boyfriend’s dad knows you’re a whore. I stood up, shuddering. It was time to go to Aiden’s anyway.

We were lying in Aiden’s bed, underneath his comforter. It was pretty early still, but Frank was out with a friend.

Aiden was whispering quietly in my ear and I smiled, nodding. His arms were around me and I rested my hand on his. He smiled and kissed my cheek. I put his hand on my stomach, under my shirt. He stroked my stomach and I moaned quietly.

“Aiden, I…” I said, sighing happily. “I want you… I….” I couldn’t talk, so I led his hand down with mine. I felt his hand sliding into my jeans. “Oh God…”

He rolled me over to face him and I looked up at him. “If I make you uncomfortable, I want you to tell me.” He said looking me right in the eyes.

“Okay.” I gasped out, suddenly needing nothing more than his hands on me. “Just touch me…”

He began to stroke me. I let out a loud groan, not caring if anyone got home and heard. Why had I wanted to wait for this again? Am I an idiot?

Aiden smiled at me and I kissed him hard on the mouth. He climbed on top of me, pinned my arms over my head, and kissed down my neck.

He then held my hands above my head with only one hand, unbuttoning my collar shirt with the other. He kissed every bit of skin revealed slowly, before moving onto the next button.

“I ne—need…” I moaned.

Then both of us jumped. There was a loud crash from downstairs.

“Dad?” Aiden called.

There was no answer.

“DAD!” he shouted. Again, no answer. “What the hell?” he muttered, standing.

I buttoned my shirt, breathing slowly returning to normal. I was kind of glad we’d been interrupted, now that I thought on it.

“Aiden…” I took his hand and we went downstairs.

“There’s no one down here.” Aiden said, eyebrow arching. “What the hell? You did hear that, right?”

“Yeah.” I said, leading him into the kitchen. There was a broken plate on the floor and a black cat was sitting on the table.

“I hate cats.” Aiden muttered, letting go of my hand and picking the cat up. He put it outside, closed the window, and let out a frustrated sigh.

I sat on the couch, smiling shyly at Aiden. I could finally breathe normally again. Aiden came over and I reached up to grab his hands before he sat down.

“I love you.” I said, pulling him down on me. He curled up to me, his head in the crook of my neck. We pulled away from each other only when Frank’s car pulled into the driveway.

“Hey Eric.” He said when he got in, smiling at me.

I blushed and muttered a hello.

“So do you wanna stay over?” he asked.

“C…can I?”

“Hon, after your mom’s last boyfriend you can stay over ANY TIME she has guys over, even if Aiden isn’t here.”

Aiden’s eyes lit up at the words ‘stay over’.

“Do you guys wanna go out or order pizza or what?”

Aiden shrugged.

“Well let’s go out.”

“CAN I DRIVE?!”

“No.”

Frank’s POV

I really liked Eric. Maybe because since Aiden started going out with him a year ago, Aiden quit getting into trouble. There was one point when Aiden was as bad as Gerard had been when I was 16, drinking and doing drugs. He was cutting even and his behavior wasn’t good at all. He constantly snuck out, but not like now.

Now every few nights he and Eric will sneak out for a walk late at night. He used to disappear for hours and hours and come home drunk and/or high. Eric told him right off, I guess, that he wouldn’t put up with it. Within a week of the two going out, Aiden was a completely different person.

I just hope Eric doesn’t break Aiden’s heart or worse, I hope Aiden doesn’t break Eric’s heart…. Like Gerard broke mine.

“No way!” Aiden was laughing at something someone on his cell phone said. Probably Brooke or Asher, the only people he talked to besides Eric.

Eric was sitting and playing with the straw in his Dr. Pepper, looking like he felt very awkward. He was so shy and quiet but when Brooke and Asher were over sometimes he got almost as loud as Aiden. Which is saying something.

I looked around. Coming into the restaurant was Gerard and his home wrecking whore. I quickly looked down. I’d only seen her once or twice. She was beautiful and I hated her home wrecking whore-like guts. It isn’t like Gerard wanted boobs because she hasn’t got any. Ooh yeah. What’s home wrecking whore gonna say abou—

Damn, she does… Her jacket was just baggy. Why were they here anyway?

Probably on his way to visit Bella…

Gerard looked up and saw me looking. Our eyes met and we stared at each other until the home wrecking whore pouted and kissed him. Then smirked at me when they pulled away.

“Shall we say hello?” I heard evil home wrecking whore ask. Fucking evil bitch. I’d rather live alone with Bert McCracken than be anywhere near that… home wrecking whore.

Aiden got off of the phone just as Gerard and his evil home wrecking whore got to our table.

“Hello.” Gerard said.

“Hi!” the evil home wrecking whore giggled. Damn her and her skinniness and boobness and home wrecking whore-ness.

“Hey.” Aiden said, almost glaring at Gerard. I did regret that Aiden hated Gerard. I really didn’t want it to be that way. Bella still talked to Gerard, almost every day.

But she lived closer to me than Gerard. Hahaha. Eat that, you cheating fucker.

Gerard’s POV

I don’t know why, but I hated Eric. I never wanted Aiden around him again. But Frank’s in love with the kid or something and lets them hang out.

Before Aiden was with Eric, he was constantly high and drunk, getting in fights and shit. But at least he would talk to me. I’ve given the kid everything he could fucking want, but now that he’s with Eric it isn’t enough. He hates me.

I don’t get it. I give him everything he wants and more. I bought him a car. He never uses it. He uses Frank’s. Got him a cell phone. He uses one he pays for himself. Computer. Never even opened it. The box is in his closet.

It’s gotta be that kid’s fault. He acts all innocent and shy but he’s evil. I know it. Soon he’ll grow four heads and kill people with his laser eyes.

I need another beer.