The Pros and Cons of Loving

Part 2

Aiden’s POV

I followed Eric into his house, holding his hand. I was walking behind him, staring at his ass through his tight jeans. What? I’m sixteen and Eric is fucking hot.

“I’m afraid they’re gonna, like, still be here and fucking in the kitchen.” He laughed.

“Aww.” I slid my arms around his thin waist from behind.

“Are you hungry?” he asked, leaning against me.

“For you.” I grinned, kissing down his neck.

He tilted his head, moaning slightly.

A man walked in, in only boxers. “Holy fuck!”

Eric’s mom came in. “Eric, Aiden, not in the living room. Someone could see.” She sighed, pulling a robe closed over her nightgown. Remind me to barf later.

I could tell that the comment his mom made had hit home, though because Eric’s hand that had been in my hair fell. His mom had always told him his sexuality had been fine, but when other people were involved she acted almost ashamed.

“I’m… going to go now then.” Eric said, getting out of my arms and leaving.

I glared at his mom, then went after him. He was waiting outside of the door, on the porch steps.

“Your son is a queer?” We heard the man ask as I leaned down and pressed my lips to Eric’s.

“He wasn’t until he met that boy so maybe it will go away.” Eric’s mom laughed.

That shows how much Eric’s mom knew. Eric had known he was gay since he was thirteen. In two weeks he’ll be 17. The only reason Eric told his mom was because she walked in on us cuddling once. Then again, she’s a blond bimbo so we could have lied and made something up. But Eric is like… programmed to not lie. Which is why two years ago, before he moved up here, when his dad asked him if he was a ‘fag’ he had said yes. And his dad then left his mom, not bothering to even tell her why. Eric hadn’t heard from him since.

“Once a queer, always a queer. I’d beat him into shape if I were you.”

Eric pulled away from me roughly. “All of them would, wouldn’t they? And mom doesn’t even fucking care!”

“C’mon, we’re leaving.” I said, taking his hand.

“You’re so lucky your dad understands, Aiden…Mine won’t even talk to me on the phone…” he whispered as we made our way across the street. “The last time he was forced to see me he told me I should burn in hell…”

“At the hospital? He told you that?” I gasped.

“Yes….” Eric sighed. “But maybe he’ll decide he’s gay too like you did.”

“Hey, I was eleven and scared!” I pouted.

“I’m kidding… just trying to cheer myself up.”

I didn’t know what to say so I started singing Make Out Kids by Motion City Soundtrack.

“Aiden…” he laughed.

I continued singing loudly, dragging him towards my room.

“Yeah, well you suck. And they suck.”

“Motion City Soundtrack does not suck! You’re just anti-mainstream!” I accused.

“If I was anti-mainstream would I be madly in love with the love child of MCR’s singer and guitarist?”

“Hehe, maybe not.” I said, plopping on my bed. “You know, people still don’t know at school?”

“Yeah… which is funny because you know everyone.” He said, lying by me after taking his chucks off. “Do you think your dad will adopt me?”

I laughed. “I’ll adopt you if he says no.”

“Good.” He curled into me, burying his head in my chest.

Frank’s POV

“Thank you so much for letting him stay.”

I nodded, not able to believe she had gotten rid of her child for a night of sex. The woman was not the best mother. She even got her son put in the hospital for a week. No wonder I don’t date. Not that anyone would want me.

That isn’t true. Davey’s asked me out several times and even Adam surprisingly. I didn’t even know he was gay. So did the transvestite down the street. Hahaha. Does that make he (or she) gay or a lesbian… or straight?

Gerard picks Aiden up tonight… I’m not the only one sad about it either, by the frown on Eric’s face.

“Well, Eric, let’s go home so I can get ready. We’re going out to dinner with Charles tonight.”

“W-what?” Eric gasped.

“I thought Eric was staying the night again.” I said quickly. “I was taking the boys up to New York for a… uh… music festival.”

“Oh, how nice!” she cooed. “You are so sweet.”

The woman could be nice at times, but my god….

“Well… yeah….” I said awkwardly.

“Alrighty then. I will see you later. I love you, Eric. Bye.” She kissed his cheek, smiled, and left.

Eric looked at me. “Aiden is leaving… you don’t care?”

“It’s lonely here anyway.” I shrugged, smiling.

“Thanks.”

“Don’t worry, hon.”

Aiden’s POV

When I finally got home, everyone was sleeping. Eric was in my bed, the spot where I always lay. I got in bed next to him. His shirt was raised and I could see his stomach. If he didn’t look so peaceful, I would have to molest him.

Instead I slid my arms around him and pulled him close.

“Hey…” he whispered, stirring.

“Hi.” I kissed him.

“How was it?”

“Torture.” I yawned as he curled into me.

“I love you.” He said tiredly.

“I love you too.” I whispered, before falling asleep.

Frank’s POV

“DADDY!” Bella hugged me. “How are you?”

“I’m fine.” I hugged her back. I could see Nikki in the car, struggling to get Jack out of his seat. I really couldn’t tell you if they are together or not, so don’t ask. I think it depends on the day, really. They live together, they’re separated, yet half of the time they’re separated.

Jack, now free of his seat, ran over. “GRANDPA!!”

It was weird to be called Grandpa, kind of freaky really.

“Hey bud!” I hugged him.

“Grandpa, momma boughted me a toy!” he said excitedly. He had light brown hair and Bella’s blue eyes. And very pinchable cheeks. Not that I ever did.

…much….

“That’s so cool!” I gasped.

“Where’s Aiden?” Nikki asked coming up. Believe it or not, she no longer goes through my boxers. Hahaha, it took her a bit but she’s used to it now. Not the boxers. Knowing me.

“He and Eric are at Baskin Robins buying some mint chocolate chip ice cream.” I said throwing Jack into the air and catching him. “Soon you’re gonna be taller than me!” I laughed.

“I’m already half way there, Grandpa!”

“How dare you!” I said, playfully throwing him on the ground and tickling him. He shrieked in laughter as Aiden and Eric walked up, gallon of ice cream in hand.

“UNCLE AIDEN!” Jack shrieked, getting up and darting for Aiden.

Aiden scooped him up. “Hello Jack Sparrow.”

“That’s captain Jack Sparrow.” Jack corrected.

Eric came over and sat on the ground by me. The night before we had talked some. I really liked him. I trusted him and Aiden completely, I think.

Nikki plopped down. “Hello, Eric.”

“Hi.” He said shyly, blushing.

“Aww, you’re too cute.” Nikki giggled.

He began to bite his finger nails, watching Aiden with Jack intently.

“Aww, you scared him.” Bella laughed, coming over. She sat down by us. “How are you, Eric?”

He shrugged. “Okay…”

“You’re too goddamn quiet to be with Aiden.” She said as Aiden cried out something about Jack not getting his lucky treasure. Now Jack had pinned Aiden down and was fake stabbing him with a sword, going “Arrrrgh!”

“Nooo! No! I surrender!” Aiden shouted in fake agony.

“Never!” Jack giggled.

“Okay.” Aiden’s head lolled over.

“MOMMY! I KILLED HIM!” Jack shrieked, giggling. He poked Aiden in the forehead. “Wakey wakey time.”

Aiden didn’t move.

“Time to wake up now, Uncle Aiden.”

He didn’t move.

“Mommy, Aiden’s playing not fair! He wasn’t supposed to die!” Jack pouted. He ran over me to. “Make him get up, Grandpa.”

“I dunno. He looks dead to me.”

“B-but he isn’t apposed to die!”

“Why don’t you go check again?” I asked.

He did, and poked Aiden with a stick. Aiden didn’t move.

I had to give him his props, being quiet so long.

Jack sighed in frustration and plopped hard on Aiden’s stomach. Even I had to cringe.

“I think it’s the real deal!” Jack called. “He’s really—AH!!!!!!!!!”

Aiden tackled Jack to the ground. “Gimme my treasure, gimme my treasure!”

Jack giggled. “I don’t have it, silly.”

“Oh, okay.” Aiden stood and walked off.

“Nevermind! I found it!” Jack said.

“What is it?” Aiden asked slyly.

“A worm.” Jack giggled.

“Arrrgh.”

Eric’s POV

“So then I said, I said to him—.” The man, Charles, said drunkenly in the living room. More like yelled. “I told him to… get laid.” and then the man began laughing as if he’d said the funniest thing in the world.

“My God.” Asher, one of my best friends, said. “Woohoo. It isn’t that funny. In fact, it wasn’t funny at all.”

I sighed, plopping on my head.

“I’d move in with Aiden until they broke up.” Brooke said cheerfully.

“You just want to imagine them making out in bed.” Asher teased, nudging her. They had been going out quite some time. We had all been at a party and Asher had been watching Brooke for a long time before then, but had always been too shy to say anything to her.

Then at the party, this ass hit her. He was her boyfriend at the time. Asher was so pissed that he charged over, kicked the guys ass, and took her home. They’d been together since that night.

“Aiden needs to get his lazy ass over here.” I moaned. I hated being away from Aiden for more than ten minutes. Over the last few days I’d even become accustomed to sleeping with his arms around me and now it took forever for me to fall asleep. Which is why I’m so grumpy.

You would be grumpy to if you woke up at 7 AM, after falling asleep at 5, to discover your mothers’ homophobic boyfriend had gotten drunk and show up early… twelve hours early!

It isn’t like the guy is hot even. He’s losing his head on his hair and getting it everywhere else. And he tried to tell me about how he and his friends use to vandalize shit.

Oh my God. I’m gay. I don’t care about breaking into my ex-girlfriend’s house. (Though I should because she still has my Pink Floyd CD) I care about straightening my hair and not getting a hard on whenever Aiden comes into a room.

“Mr. Grouchy.” Brooke said.

I threw one of my pillows at her, and then pulled another over my head. I stayed this way several minutes, listening to Brooke and Asher talking. I heard the door open and smiled to myself. Aiden was here.

“Aww, is he being grumpy today?” I hear Aiden ask.

“That he is. You should make out with him and cheer him up.” Brooke said.

The mattress sank as Aiden climbed onto the bed. “Hello babe.”

“Hi.” I moved the pillow down to look at him.

“You’re so grumpy.” He laughed after I moved it up so I was only looking at him with one eye.

“I only got two hours of sleep.” I complained. “That Charles guy showed up at SEVEN AM.”

“We got off the phone at two, babe. Why didn’t you go to sleep?” he pulled me onto his lap.

“I finished the book you gave me and then couldn’t really sleep.”

“Me neither, but I eventually did and just now woke up.”

I nuzzled him, taking in his scent. “You smell nice.” I sighed, then yawned.

“Oh babe.” Aiden hugged me close. “Let’s go to my house so you can get some sleep.”:

I nodded and stood up, reaching for him. He grasped my hand, smiling.

“Aww, does this mean we have to go home?” Brooke asked.

“Yes, it does. Shoo flies.” Aiden said, waving at them.

“Well tomorrow you guys aren’t getting rid of us that easy.” Asher said.

We all four left the house. After they were gone, I followed Aiden to his house, still holding his hand.

“Dad’s gone. On a date.” Aiden said .

“No way.”

“Yeah with…. Davey Havok. He’s been asking since…. Like, forever and dad finally said yes.”

“Are you mad?”

“No… so long as they don’t act like we do in front of me, I’m good.”

I nodded as we finally got into his room.

“Sleepy time!” Aiden clapped, plopping on his bed. I crawled next to him and he wrapped his arms around me. I was instantly out…

Continued Eric’s POV

When I woke up it was dark. Aiden was gone, but I heard him moving in his bathroom that was connected to his room.

I looked at his clock. Ten.

“Hello.” Frank said, coming into the room quietly.

“Mmh.” I rolled over.

He laughed and went to the bathroom door, knocking on it. “Aiden, Gerard is on the phone.”

I watched Frank at the door, wondering how it felt knowing any time he answered the phone that it could be Gerard. And wondering if Gerard cared that Frank was dating.

He turned and smiled at me.

“Can I live with you?” I asked, still half asleep.

“You’re welcome here any time.” he said.

I sat up and nodded, then fell back onto the bed. He ruffled my hair and left.

Two Weeks Later…

“I don’t believe she’s listening to him, Aiden!” Eric whined. “First it’s my hair and eyeliner, then my music, and now my fucking sanity! They’re going to ‘go through my closet.’”

I put more of his shirts into a box. “You’ll just change at my house before and after school.” I said simply.

“I haven’t had blonde hair since I was eleven, Aiden! I turn seventeen tomorrow!” he fumed. “You’ve never even see it!”

“She’ll break up with him eventually.” I assured him. “And I’m sure it’ll look good, babe.”

“Goddamnit, it isn’t fucking fair. What did I do?”

“I know, baby… I know.”

“Goddamnit.” He put more of his CDs into the box as well as the clothes. Just in case.

“You want this?” I asked, holding up an old My Chem shirt.

“Yeah.” He sighed.

I nodded and closed the box.

“Are you still gonna love me?” he whispered.

“W-What? Of course I will. If they dress you like a fucking prep, Eric, I would love you. Hell, if you turned into a prep I would.”

“I know, but I hate my blonde hair so much… I’m sorry, I’m just emo.”

“Well, let’s get this to my house before they get back.”

Frank’s POV

“They’re making him strip the color from his hair, throwing out his ‘goth’ clothes and music… dad, it isn’t fair. This is all my fault…” Aiden said. “And he’s so fucking bummed… and tomorrow is his birthday!”

“Why doesn’t he move in with us until things… settle down?”

“I asked! His mom giggled and told me I was a ‘silly boy!’”

“Aiden.. I’m sorry… I… can’t do anything.”

“Why can’t people just fucking get over themselves?!” he shouted, then stormed upstairs and into his room. The door slammed behind him.

Eric’s POV

I frowned, looking in the mirror. I touched my hair. Blonde. Blonde.

At least they didn’t cut it….

Blonde.

Goddamnit she better leave this loser soon or I’ll die.

I was supposed to go see Aiden tonight but I don’t think I can bare to get my blonde self out of bed… Plus, that would mean passing my mom and if I do, I may kill her…

“Eric, Aiden is here!” Mom called up the stairs in a happy voice. What, is she on crack? No one is that fucking happy.

“Tell him to come up!” I shouted.

A few minutes later, there was a gentle knock. “Eric, babe?”

I pulled on a hat, then yelled “Come in!”

He opened the door, smiling. “Hey baby.”

“Hi.”

His eyes went to my hair. “Can I see?”

“No.” I pouted.

“Please… I won’t laugh.”

Aiden’s POV

He frowned, taking the hat off.

I was shocked… a good shocked…

So this is his real hair color. It isn’t platinum blonde or anything… it’s almost a dark brown, like Uncle Mikey’s only just a bit lighter. Like Quinn’s from the Used, yeah. I’m not allowed to listen to them. Well, I don’t allow myself to. But yeah, his hair is blonde like Quinn’s.

It was nice… kind of adorable.

“Go ahead and laugh now… get it out.” Eric said miserably.

“I’m not gonna laugh. You look hot.” I said, rolling y eyes. “I like it.”

“Well the day Charles is gone I’m dying it back to black so sorry about your luck.”

“Hmm.” I smirked at him. “I love you.”

“Even blonde me?”

“Yes.” I said, pulling him up off of his bed, and wrapping my arms around him. He pressed his lips to mine, sliding his arms around me. “Even blonde you.”

“Well this is as stripped as they could get it… so either I’ve dyed it that many times or my hairs gotten darker.” He shrugged.

“Well Aiden likes it. And Aiden is taking Eric out tonight.”

“To where?” Eric smiled.

“To wherever Eric wants to go.” I grinned. “Dad’s gone again and I’m stealing the car. Bwaha.”

“Your dad said you could, huh?” Eric laughed.

“Well… yeah….” I said.

“In fact the whole taking me out this was his idea, yes?”

“No… well, I was gonna have you over to watch a movie.”

“Sounds good to me. Let’s go rent one.”

“Ha! My idea was better than dad’s!” I shouted, grabbing his hand and dragging him downstairs.

Eric’s POV

Mom and Charles were sitting on the couch when we made our way downstairs laughing. Charle’s eyes narrowed in disgust.

“Goodbye.” Aiden said cheerfully.

Charles nudged mom.

“Where are you going, Eric?” Mom asked.

“To Aiden’s house.” I said.

“Why don’t you two stay here?”

“Because I’ve been here all day and its my birthday and I want to see Aiden.”

“Well it isn’t your decision, is it, boy?” Charles asked.

“You aren’t my dad!” I said angrily.

“Damn right I’m not! Your dad was so ashamed of you he won’t even call you! He’s got the right idea! If you were my son, you wouldn’t be a fag because I’d fucking whip you into shape!”

Aiden’s eyes narrowed. “Shut the fuck up, you pig!”

“And you! Aiden Iero-Way! Fuck you, boy! Fuck you and your faggot family! You’re just gay because you walked in on your dad getting it up the ass one too many times!”

I pushed the door open, pulling Aiden out before anything worse was said or done.

“That fucking pig, saying that to you!”

“It’s okay, Aiden… don’t worry about it.”

“I’ll talk to Dad… you can’t stay there and that fucker’s practically moved in. Is he always that bad?”

“Not when he’s drunk.” I shrugged.

I was pulled into his arms when we reached his front yard.

“You are better than that… you don’t deserve it. No one does, but especially not you.” He whispered in my ear, stroking my hair.

“Let’s just watch the movie, okay? I wanna spend the rest of my birthday with you.”

Gerard's POV

I was sitting with my fiancé in a bar when... Frank walked in.

With someone else.

Jealously suddenly seeped through me. Because all the time I have seen Frank since the divorce, he never looked happy. And now he did.

He looked like when... when we first got together.

This guy was all wrong for him. Frank didn't go with guys that worse nice clothes... or blond guys....

Aiden would be so angry, knowing his dad was out with some random fuck.... I bet he didn't even know.

Goddamn, they're holding hands.

No fucking way.

They're coming closer.

I blinked. It wasn't even Frank. The man was about Frank's height, but up close it was very obvious it wasn't Frank.

Thank God.

Wait... why do I care?

Frank’s POV

I stepped quietly into the house, able to see Aiden sleeping on the couch through the window.

I reeked of vomit. This date hadn’t gone well. Davey was nice and all… But, no… this wasn’t working out.

Aiden’s eyes opened when I closed the door.

“Hey babe.” I whispered, smiling.

“Hi.” He said tiredly. “How was it?”

“I got puked on.” I laughed. “Yours?”

“His mom made him go home after we barely started the movie… dad, I can’t stand it, this guy is a complete ass… you should have heard what he said to Eric… I almost got in a fight with the fuc—uh, guy.”

“We’ll think of something tomorrow, okay?”

He nodded and fell back asleep. I got a blanker and covered him. All this heartbreak… it was worth it, just having Aiden and Bella… everything was worth it.

Aiden’s POV
Two Nights Later…

I heard Dad’s door closed and instantly got out of bed. I grabbed $20.00 out of my money jar, and headed out.

I snuck behind Eric’s house, lightly tapping on his window.

He opened it a bit. “Aiden, we can’t.” he whispered.

“Why?”

“Charles is over.” He said, pushing it open more.

“So? Fuck him.”

“Aiden, you don’t get it… there is no…” Eric said.

“What’s wrong?”

“Just go home… I’ll see you tomorrow.” Eric whispered.

“Baby, what did he do? Did he hurt you? What did he say?”

“We just can’t sneak out with him in the next fucking room!” Eric snapped. He’d never snapped at me before.

“Eric, please… did he say something to upset you?”

“No… yes… look, Aiden… we just can’t with him right here… I love you.”

“Then you know what?” I said, and jumped up to climb into his house.

“Aiden, if I get caught—.” He whispered.

I stood up, took my shoes off, and smiled at him adorably.

He quietly opened his bedroom door, peering around. I smiled, climbing onto his bed. He got in by me.

“I love you…” I whispered, kissing him.

He kissed back, closing his eyes.

I kissed down his neck, climbing on top of him.

He let out a quiet moan, arching into me. “I love you too.” He gasped out, tilting his head. I kissed to his shoulder, gently sucking on his soft skin.

“Mmh, Aiden.” He laughed quietly.

After a few seconds I pulled away. “Happy I came now?” I grinned.

“Mhmm.” He smiled contently, curling into me.

“Good.” I slid my hand up the back of his shirt, gently rubbing his back.

“Don’t leave.” He whispered.

“I won’t.” I promised, kissing his cheek as he fell asleep.

Frank’s POV

“Aiden, look… I know you wanted to see Aiden and you’re worrying yourself sick but you cannot randomly stay the night at his house. You said yourself the man is a bastard. What if he’d walked in and found you two together?”

“Dad, we were dressed! We haven’t had sex!”

“It doesn’t matter! If that man is gonna be abusive like the last one, what do you think will happen to Eric if he sees him in bed with another guy? Huh? First he’ll kill you, then Eric!” I exclaimed. “Aiden I love you to death, baby, and I would do anything for you… but you cannot put yourself or Eric into danger. Sure, you didn’t get caught this time… next time you might not be so fucking lucky, Aiden.”

“Dad, they hardly let me see him! The only time I can is at night!”

“Aiden, look… people are fucking crazy and I’m not gonna allow you to put yourself into danger like that! Look… I know, it’s hard… but you have to trust me. The more you stay out of that man’s way, the easier time both you and Eric are gonna have.”

“I don’t care about an easy time, Dad! I just want to see Eric!”

“Well after midnight is not the time to do it, Aiden, and if I ever catch you out of this house after midnight again without my permission I’m going to ground you. Okay? How does that work?” I snapped.

“Dad! That isn’t fair!”

“What’s not fair about it?”

Aiden threw himself onto the couch and tugged at his hair, letting out something that sounded very close to a sob.

“Listen… babe…”

“No.” he muttered.

“You’re worried and it’s… it’s good…. But you can’t act in a way that would get Eric hurt, you see? What if that guy had walked in, made you leave, and hurt Eric?” I said, sitting by him.

“Dad, it isn’t fair. He isn’t safe there and there’s nothing I can do.” Aiden looked at me with teary eyes.

“I know, baby… I know.”

Eric’s POV

“Mom, I’m going for a walk.” I said, coming into the kitchen.

“Okay, Eric.” She said. “I love you.”

I looked down at the floor, hating my mom. “No… you don’t.” I said, still looking down. “You don’t but it’s okay because I don’t need you… I never have…”

“Eric, what on earth are you talking about?”

“You—you’ve got Charles now Mom. All I’ve ever been is your person to cry to… and now you’ve got that fucker so all you care about is yourself…” I said. “I could leave and it’d take you days to notice… and then you wouldn’t even care.”

“Of course I would! Don’t you talk like that!”

“Mom… I’m going for a walk. Bye.” I said, then turned and left. I thought of going to Aiden’s, but didn’t really want to be around him now. I went to the park we almost went to, sat by a tree, and listened to my iPod watching little kids playing with their moms and dads. Hating the kids more than anything because I’d never had that and never would.

Frank’s POV

“Look, have him back when he wants to be back. Don’t go and get fucking drunk and make excuses, Gerard, or I won’t make him go anymore.”

Gerard rolled his eyes. “Shut up, Frank. Where is he?”

“He’ll be getting home in a few minutes. You’re never on time so you can’t blame him.”

“Frank, don’t start on me!” Gerard snapped.

I glared at him. “After the hell you’ve put me through you should be glad I’m even letting you pick him up! If I didn’t make him go, you’d never hear from him again!”

“Only because you’ve told him lies.”

“I don’t even talk to him about you, Gerard! I don’t need to lie to get him to hate you! Look what you’ve fucking turned into!”

“And what’s that?” he sneered.

“Another statistic.”

“At least I’m tall enough to be counted!”

“That… didn’t even make sense.” I said slowly.

Aiden’s POV

I lay in my room at Gerard’s house, sighing. I don’t see the point in coming here because it isn’t like I talk to them, spend time with them. They just buy me stuff hoping I’ll like them more.

I can hear them arguing downstairs.

I sighed. This is my life… without Eric…

I grabbed my phone, looking down at it. Should I call him? Well, why not?

I called him and he answered almost instantly. “Hey.” I said happily.

“Hey. What’s up?”

“Reading. You?” he asked.

“Thinking of you.” I laughed. I could practically hear him smiling. “I love you.”

“I love you too… they’re gone.”

“That’s good.” I said, sitting up. “What are you doing?”

“I already said I was reading.” He laughed.

“Oh, sorry…”

“What’s wrong?” Eric asked.

“Gerard and the bitch are fighting…” I sighed.

“I love you, Aiden.” Eric said, blowing a raspberry.

“You’re drunk.” I said.

“Not all the way… almost.” He answered.

“Asher come over?”

“Hehe, yep.”

“Eric… don’t drink… that isn’t you.” I said.

“I don’t drink much.” He said.

“I know, babe… just…. Don’t.”

“You’re one to talk, you know… when we first started going out—.”

I hated Eric drunk because he tended to say the truth. Painful truth. When he was drunk it was bad, because that meant he was in bad shape… and I needed to be there. That’s probably why he was drunk.

“You were always drunk and cutting and getting high…” he continued. “Like your dad…”

“I know, Eric, but I quit. Remember? For you.”

“Yeah well you still can’t talk because some mornings you didn’t even remember the night before…”

“Baby, I know…”

“You know I called him? I called him, Aiden.” Eric said, then laughed.

“Who did you call, Eric?”

“My father. I’m a disgrace. Eric disgrace. Disgrace Eric.”

“Eric… baby…”

“Then he made me cry… he didn’t say nice things, Eric…… wait, I’m Eric, you’re Aiden… hehe.”

“Eric… I’m going to call Asher and Brooke to come stay with you, and I’m gonna get Gerard to drive me home now…”

“No, stay… stay, stay, stay…”

“I love you and I’m hanging up now. Bye.” I hung up and felt tears stinging my eyes.

Gerard was alone in the kitchen.

“I need to go home…”

He looked up at me. “Why?”

“I… Eric needs me.” I said.

He stared at me a long time, as if he was trying to decided whether or not I was lying.

Then he nodded and got out his keys. Within minutes we were in the car.

“Thanks, Dad…” I said quietly.

I didn’t think he’d heard me until a few minutes later he said, “It’s no problem, babe…”

Aiden’s POV

I didn’t even take my stuff in, I ran straight to Eric’s. Asher’s car was there.

“Hello?!” I called.

“We’re up here!” Asher yelled.

I went up to Eric’s room. He was on the floor, in Asher’s arms, crying.

“You take him… I’m not good with this…” Asher whispered.

I got down on the floor. “Baby, come here.”

He crawled to me, climbing into my lap. “What’s wrong with him?” I asked Asher.

“He’s drunk… I honestly didn’t know he was drunk earlier, Aiden… I was stupid.” Asher whispered.

I nodded.

Asher sighed and sat at Eric’s desk.

“Baby, what’s wrong?”

“My mom hates me, my dad hates me… no one’s ever loved me.” He cried. “My grandparents hate me because I ruined my parent’s lives… Charles is a dick…” he was crying so hard by now he was gasping for breath.

“I love you, okay?” I asked loudly. “I love you, I love you… babe, I love you so much I talked to my dad and he had me here in twenty minutes… baby, Asher loves you, Brooke loves you…”

“It doesn’t matter.” He sobbed. “Doesn’t family count for anything?”

“Don’t I count for anything, Eric?”

“Of course you fucking count!” Eric snapped.

“Then don’t worry about your family!”

“You just c-can’t understand…” he wretched himself from me and glared. “You think you’ve got it sooo bad because your parents split up… trying being me, Aiden! You have all the money in the world, your parents love you! They would die for you! My mom doesn’t care what happens to me! Not unless she’s going through a break up and needs a shoulder to cry on!”

“Eric, your family is shit!”

“Well so am I!” he screamed.

“Eric, you are NOT!” Asher snapped.

“I am!” Eric turned on Asher. “I am shit! I’m never going to get anywhere in life!”

“Not with that attitude you won’t!” Asher shouted back.

“I hate you both!”

Five Hours Later…

It took about fifteen minutes after I first got there for Eric to collapse on his bed in a dead sleep.

For the rest of the time, Asher and I sat there. Asher did have to leave after three hours though, because it was getting late.

I rubbed my eyes, sitting in the corner of his room. Someone had to be there when he woke up, incase he got sick or something.

He rolled over to face me and I could tell he was waking up.

I rushed over, climbing onto the bed. “Hey, babe…”

His eyes opened. “Hi.” He said, then blushed. “I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay…” I whispered, brushing his blonde bangs from his eyes.

“I should have talked to you…” he said tiredly. “I’m sorry.”

“I said it was okay, babe…”

“But I feel bad for yelling at you… and Asher…”

“It’s okay… you’re going through shit… and maybe we needed to be yelled at… I haven’t been here for you…”

“But you have been.” He sat up. “As much as you can, at least… m-my Dad…” he swallowed. “He…” he shook his head. “It doesn’t matter and I’m sorry I freaked out on you yesterday… today… whatever…”

“Today.” I smiled.

“Yeah, now that that’s sad and done… I really have to puke.”

Gerard’s POV

I was sitting, flipping through the TV channels, when I stopped on a music station. I saw Frank. It was an old interview, from a little bit after we got married.

Wow.

It was amazing, how close we were back then. It was obvious even through a interview.

And now Frank can’t even be in the same room with me.

I sighed, hating myself suddenly… how had I let this happen?

Aiden’s POV

“WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY, MY FATHER TOOK ME INTO THE CITY

TO SEE A MARCHING BAND!

HE SAID 'SON WHEN YOU GROW UP, WOULD YOU BE, THE SAVIOUR OF THE BROKEN, THE BEATEN AND THE DAMNED?!'”


I screamed, jumping onto the couch and air guitaring. It wasn’t often I listened to My Chem just because of the fact that my dads were in the band.

Dad walked into the living room and shook his head. I ignored him, screaming along until it got to my favorite part:

“Do or die

You'll never make me

Because the world,

will never take my heart.

And though they try

They'll never break me

They want it all

They wanna break this bone.

I won't explain

Or say I'm sorry

I'm not ashamed

I'm gonna show my scar

Give a cheer

For all the broken

Listen here!

I'm just a man,

I'm not a hero

Just a boy

who had to sing this song

I'm just a man

I'm not a hero

I don't care”


Dad rolled his eyes. “Are ya done yet?”

“Yes.” I said as the song ended.

“Is there a reason you are blasting The Black Parade?”

“Yeah.”

“Why?”

“Because there is a horde of fans outside of our house right now.”

Frank’s POV

“W-Wh…”

“Yep.” Aiden said.

I walked over to the door and peeked out. He wasn’t lying. There were… hundreds of teenagers.

“Oh… my… God…” I said. “It’s like a fucking army…”

Aiden turned Teenagers up all the way.

“Aiden! Stop!” I snapped.

“Why? They like it…” he said. “Can we go out there?”

“Are you insane?” I asked.

“What? I’ll fit in. You should be used to this.”

“We haven’t been a band in what, ten years?! I’m forty years old!”

“So? Wonder if they’re at Gerard’s house yet.” Aiden said, picking up the phone.

I called Mikey. “Mikey… are…”

“NOT IN MY FUCKING HOUSE! GET THEM OUT!” I heard Mikey shriek before the line cut off.

“Hahahaha. They’re in Mikey’s house.” I giggled.

“Can I pleeeease go out there?” Aiden asked.

“Aiden, it isn’t a few friends over for cookies and milk.”

“Well you never know. I could open some Oreos and we’ve got a gallon or two of milk—three if you count that skim shit.”

“Aiden, honey… I love you, but please… give me the phone so I can call the police.”

Aiden frowned and handed me the phone. “Please?”

“The sooner I call, the sooner you can see Eric.”

“Okay, fine… but I still think it’s cruel. You could at least sign a few autographs.”

“HUNDREDS, Aiden. HUNDREDS.”

“I see how being old makes you.” He muttered, sitting on the couch. “All I’m saying is, would you want the Misfits to do that to you?”

“Shut up.”

Frank’s POV
Two Days Later…

I opened the door and saw Gerard. I was thrown off, because he didn’t usually come on Tuesdays.

“Hi…” he said, looking at me.

“Aiden… isn’t here.”

“I know… I kind of wanted to talk…”

“Well, he’ll be home soon.”

“No, Frank… I wanted to talk to you.”

“To me?” I repeated.

“Yeah, you… can I not want to talk to you?”

“What would your home wrecking whore think?”

“Well she’s out with her home wrecking whore-man so I dunno.”

I looked at him. “So I guess I’m supposed to feel sorry for you? Is that it?”

“No! I just wanted to talk to you!”

“And what? Make me fall madly in love with you? Sweep me off my feet? Make it like it was before? Because I have news for you, Gerard… things will never be like they were before. Because I’m dating Davey.”

Gerard’s jaw dropped. “W-…What?”

“You heard me…” I said, lying through my teeth. I hadn’t seen Davey in… forever, really.

“Well… that isn’t the point anyway… I just wanted to talk about…” Gerard said, as if he was struggling to put his thoughts into words. “About… why we… split up.”

“Because you are a drunk and a druggie. Because you slept with another woman after you promised me you would get better. Because you said you didn’t love me anymore. Take any of those. They’re all true, but just one is enough for why we split up.”

“So it’s all my fault then?”

“I did nothing but try to help you and love you, Gerard. Can you please just go now?” I asked, feeling like I was about to cry.

“Frank, I was drunk… I didn’t mean to!” Gerard said. “You know that. You know I loved you!”

“You slept with a woman!” I yelled, blinking rapidly. I hated him… that he was bringing all of this up.

“Frank… you have to know that you meant more to me than that…”

“I know that every time I’ve seen you since then you’ve treated me like shit! I know that every time I look at you I want to kill you!” I said, stepping back.

“So you don’t forgive me?”

“Get out, get out, get out!”

He sighed and left…

Later That Day…

“Can you turn that fucking camera off?” Bob snapped.

I laughed, watching a tape of all of us back when My Chem was together.

“Oh, Bob, you know the camera loves you.” I heard myself giggle.

The camera focused on me. And Gerard. We were on a couch in a dressing room and I was on Gerard’s lap, head rested on his shoulder.

“Oh, you’re just a pansy.” Bob teased.

I stuck my tongue out at Bob, then Gerard kissed my cheek.

“Aww, love.” I heard Ray, who was behind the camera, say. “It’s really sickening.”

God, I miss Gerard….

Aiden’s POV

“I’m home, Dad.” I called, coming into the house. I found Dad asleep on the couch, an old tape playing.

I instantly felt my stomach knot up. I didn’t know what to do… I never dealt with Dad sad… not really. Usually he’d hide it from me…

But now... I mean, an old tape with him and Gerard playing, his cheeks are tearstained… it’s pretty obvious he’s sad.

I bit my lip, sighing quietly. What did he do for me when I was sad?

Cook? Clean my room?

I suppose I could make him some egg plant parmesan. He hasn’t had it in forever anyway….

Frank’s POV

I was dreading that Saturday when Gerard came to pick Aiden up… because not only had Eric needed him a lot lately, but I… didn’t want to see Gerard.

“Aiden, he’ll be here soon!” I called. “Why don’t you meet him outside?”

Usually, Aiden would have smarted off. He used to get annoyed when I would make comments like that. But instead he nodded, came on downstairs, and sat where he would be able to see Gerard’s car pull into the drive way.

“What… are you gonna do?” Aiden asked.

“I dunno.” I shrugged. “Clean?”

Aiden nodded and sighed. “I don’t care if you want to leave so you don’t even have to see his car, you know?”

“I don’t care…”

“Dad, I saw you watching the tapes… three times…” he said slowly.

“Well, that…” I opened my mouth, and then closed it.

“Just don’t get hurt again, dad. Okay?”