The Pros and Cons of Loving

Part 28

Eric’s POV

I didn’t know how to act. Usually we’d cuddle really close together. I didn’t want to hurt him though. I crawled into bed and noticed he was already asleep. I watched his chest rise and fall nervously. I didn’t like looking at his face, it made me feel weak. If Aiden could be that banged up… it just shook me up.

“Eric?” he whispered.

“I’m right here.” I said quietly, lying down.

He curled close to me and I wrapped my arms around him gently. I didn’t want to touch any gashes or bruises. I would hate to hurt him more.

He grasped my hand and I relaxed, drifting to sleep.




“No… no, please… get off…”

I had been sleeping, but my eyes snapped open and I looked down at Aiden. He was covered in sweat and shaking. I sat up as quickly as I could, trying to get over the shock of being awoken so fast.

“Aiden… Aiden, baby. Aiden, stop it now.” I said quietly, trying to wake him up without scaring him further.

“No… please.”

“Aiden.” I pleaded, gently shaking him. It did nothing. He began to thrash. Not wildly, but enough to hurt him if he continued. “Aiden, wake up. Now. GET UP.” I said the last part loudly—apparently loudly enough to wake him up. I uttered a small sigh in relief.

His eyes snapped open and he looked at me. His blue eyes were a dark color—they were darker if he was angry or scared— and wide as saucers. “Get away from me!” he whimpered, scooting towards the edge of the bed.

My eyes widened and I looked at him, frightened at how terrified he looked… at me. I knew he was scared, but… Wow. That had shocked me. “Aiden, it’s… it was just a nightmare, baby.”

“Leave me alone.” he moaned. “Just go away.”

“It’s me.” I whispered, trying to move towards him.

“Stay away!” he screamed.

“Aiden, it’s m—.”

All of a sudden, he threw himself at me whimpering my name and burying himself in my arms.

I was shocked but I began to gently rock him back and fourth, whispering, “Hey, don’t hurt yourself.” His heart was pounding against his chest. I could feel every thump. I kissed the top of his head, closing my eyes. It was forever before he breathing slowed down. I just sat there, my chin rested on his head, rocking him and rubbing his back. I could feel my shirt getting wet and his shoulders began to shake. “Oh, Aiden… baby… don’t cry.”

“I’m sorry.” He sobbed into my shoulder. “It’s just a-all of this is h-hitting me at once a-and I don’t know… I’m sorry….”

I continued to rock him. His breathing, which had gotten worse again during his crying, began to even out.

When he was finally calm he wiped his eyes and swallowed, then looked at me. “I’m… sorry.” He panted out. “I never have… nightmares. I dunno what happened… I…”

“Shh…” I cooed.

He nodded into my chest, whimpering slightly.

“Did you hurt yourself?”

“I was so sore to begin with I couldn’t tell you.” He said tiredly. “I’m gonna sleep more. Night.”

“Night.” I said shakily, gently rubbing his back. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” He answered before drifting into a restless sleep.

The Next Day
Gerard’s POV

“I want the fucker FIRED is what I want. He put my son, my 17 year old son, in the hospital. He’s fucking traumatized because your principal beat him up.” I screamed at the superintendent of Aiden’s school angrily.

“Sir, there’s no evidence…”

“Like hell. Would my son make that up? He told me a teacher saw. The principal lied and said they got into a fight.”

“Can you bring your son in?” The superintendent, an old and balding man, asked calmly.

“Now? No. Because he’s sick and he can hardly fucking stand.”

The older man sighed. “Mr. Way, I’ll handle the situation accordingly. He will be suspended without pay until this issue is resolved.”

“Thank you.” I said, shaking my head. “I appreciate it, sir.”

He nodded. “I’m very sorry, Mr. Way.”

“Yeah.” I picked up my jacket, putting it on. “I’m sorry too.”