A Dad's Struggle

Sick

Frank, Lindsey and Mikey left about an hour ago to get food, and Gerard was alone-- again.

He sat on his bed, his throat was burning horribly, and he was starving. The nurses wouldn't let him eat anything solid yet, he had had tubes down his throat.

Gerard sat up and his stomach twisted. He shuddered. and tried to hold down what very little he had eaten. (mainly IV nutrients, if you could call that food) He put a hand on his stomach. It gave a particuarly large twist and he felt his stomach contents rise up his throat. He swallowed them back down, and that tasted so bad. It didn't work, he turned his head away from the window, and he vomited all over the floor.

A nurse nearby looked at the puddle of Gerard's vomit. She walked over and put a hand on his head. Gerard flinched.

"Are you OK?" She whispered.

"My stomach hurts..."

"How bad?"

"I feel like I'm going to puke so badly."

Gerard threw up again.

She put a hand on his forehead. His fever was down and she decided that House should come look it him.

______________________________________________________________________

House walked in.

"Alright! Who the hell pulled me away from my vicoden!?"

Gerard clutched his head.

"What do you want?!"

The nurse walked over, "He's sick again, but his fever is lower."

"How lower?"

"About 101."

"Was he vomiting?"

"Yes."

"Ok, let me have a look. Gerard, open your mouth."

Gerard opened his mouth....and threw up all over Houses' jacket!

House looked dumbstruck. He had Gerard's vomit all over his jacket, and he had a meeting in 20 minutes!

House stuck a tounge drpresser in Gerard's mouth and saw nothing wrong.

He called for Lindsey, Mikey, and Frank. They came 10 minutes later.

"How are you feeling?" Lindsey asked.

"I threw up all over House..." Gerard muttered feelign embarrased.

Frank was laughing so hard.

"You threw up all over him?!" he roared, laughing. Mikey was standing next to him, trying to hold his laughter.

"You guys, its not funny, I seriosly pissed him off so much!" Gerard said.

"But...still...you puked all over him!! The last time you threw up on someone was back when you were a junkie." Frank said.

"Don't remind me..." Gerard shuddered.

"Come on guys let him sleep, he's so worn out.." Lindsey said, leaving with Mikey, who was terribly embarrised, adn Frank who couldn't stop laughign his ass off.