Sick Little Games

I'm going to miss you.

Alex Gaskarth was ecstatic from the lack of frustration running through his veins; it felt like he has been frustrated for days on end. He had been determined to find the right words to finish off the song he had been writing, and finally, he was doing just that. Alex smirked as he scribbled out words on the notebook in front of him, writing new ones in and singing them through a few times before deciding they were golden. Though the verses were meant to show the mistakes he’d made in the past, picking sleeping around over love, he couldn’t help but softly laugh at his own phrases.

“Katherine!” Alex called through the speaker of his cell phone, smiling when she picked up on the first ring. “You need to come over right now,” he stressed, unable to even let her talk, “No, wait! I’ll be over in two minutes,” he argued with himself, throwing his phone in his pocket and hauling his acoustic with him out the door.

Even by foot, it took him a mere sixty seconds to reach Katherine’s house, for it was not even a block away. She had finally moved into her own place in Maryland, and Alex couldn’t be happier of the location she chose. Reaching his destination, he ran around to the side of her house and sat on the grass his feet once stood on, breathing in deeply as he began to strum his guitar.

Hey there, it’s good to see you again
It never felt right calling this just friends
I’m happy if you’re happy with yourself
,” he sang, smiling softly as he heard a shuffle of sound from inside Katherine’s window.

Take off your shirt, your shoes
Those skinny jeans I bought for you
We're diving in; there's nothing left to lose
,” he continued, as her window finally was pulled open, Katherine immerging with an inquisitive look on her face. That expression didn’t last long, however, for when she saw it was Alex serenading her, the grin that spread across her cheekbones was nearly impossible to hide.

I wanna break down these walls
I built around myself
I wanna fall so in love
With you and no one else
Could ever mean half as much
To me as you do now
Together we’ll move on
Just don’t turn around
Let the walls break down

I used to wear you like a ball and chain
I'd run and hide at the call of my name
It was obvious you were too much for me
Oblivious I was young and horny
In retrospect, I wouldn't do it again
Stop talking shit to every one of your friends
I'm not the same boy you knew back then, yeah

'Cause I can break down these walls
I built around myself
I wanna fall so in love
With you and no one else
Could ever mean half as much
To me as you do now
Together we'll move on
Just don't turn around
Let the walls break

I can't breathe, my body's shaking
You've got a way with the way you take me
‘Cause you break me down
You know you break me down...

I'm gonna break down these walls
I built around myself
I wanna fall so in love with you
And no one else could ever mean
Half as much to me as you do now
Together we'll move on
Just don't turn around
Let the walls break down

Let the walls break down
'Cause you bring me down
Let the walls break down


Alex smiled softly as he finished, proud of his work. He looked up at Katherine for her approval (or non-approval,) just to see a happy expression planted on her face.

“Come up here!” she ordered, and Alex nodded, climbing up the old hang-down ladder, flying into her bedroom with a thud. Katherine giggled as Alex pouted, and she held her hand out to him to help him up. Instead of accepting her nice gesture, Alex pulled her down with him, throwing his arms around her waist.

“Alex!” she whined, trying to get up from the floor, but he pulled her down again, not allowing her to. She huffed a small “fine” before she gave up and just stayed on the floor. “What was that for?”

“The pull-down or the song?” Alex laughed.

“Both.”

“The pull-down was because I wanted my beautiful girlfriend next to me,” Alex grinned cheekily, and Katherine rolled her eyes, though, she couldn’t hide her slight blush. “And the song was because I wanted you to be the first to hear it. It was driving me crazy all week, and it’s finally finished,” he continued with a glisten in his eye, “And it’s about you, after all…”

“That was beautiful. I love it," Katherine said softly, grinning larger than she ever had before pulling her face closer to his to gently kiss him. She pulled away a few seconds later, just to have Alex pull towards her again, attacking her lips hardly with his own. Somehow, during their endless lip wrestle, they made their way onto Katherine’s queen-sized bed. They kissed a while longer, Alex sighing and pulling away when Katherine didn’t seem into it anymore. They both knew the reason why: she needed him to stop before he got carried away and absolutely couldn’t. He knew Katherine didn’t completely trust him yet, and she had a valid reason for it. Even though he wanted her so bad at that moment, he settled for lying on her bed next to her, playing with her dark brown curls.

“I’m going to miss you,” she said out of no where, clutching onto his T-shirt to bring him closer to her. He knew she was talking about Warped Tour, which All Time Low would be attending in a mere three days. They say time flies when you’re having fun; Alex couldn’t agree with it more at that moment.

“Promise me you’ll come to a date?” Alex responded softly, and she nodded against his chest. “I’ll call you all the time,” he muttered, but something told him that Katherine didn’t fully believe him. If Alex Gaskarth were to do anything that summer, he was going to show Katherine Murphy how much he really did care for her.

Looking at the girl beside him silently, Alex pushed his worries aside, focusing on the moment at hand as their unspoken words took over. Everything was starting to piece itself together again. If this wasn’t perfection, he wasn’t really sure what was.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!
last chance to comment!
please comment? (:

/expect another chapter very soon full of author's notey goodness <3
/pleaseeee don't unsubscribe until after that one comes!

PS: the song in there is Walls by All Time Low
(If you didn't already know, which you probably did)
I don't own it, unfortunately my lyric skills suck, haha.