Sick Little Games

Wait, how do you know my last name?!

Lucy Murphy sat on the chair behind where her mother was standing, licking her ice cream cone quite audibly. She smiled to herself as the chocolate flavor exploded onto her tongue, as she tried to release the awkwardness from the area in which she sat. Ever since the swoopy-haired boy appeared, the tension was evident, even to someone of her age. The boy seemed nice enough; he smiled at her and said she had a pretty name, which was enough to receive a gold star in Lucy’s book. She looked over at her mother for approval to talk to the stranger, and Katherine nodded.

“Hi, I’m Lucy,” She grinned, the ice cream slurring her speech.

“Alex,” The boy replied, chuckling softly.

“And that’s my mommy!”

“Katherine.”

Alex looked at Katherine and pursed his lips, “I swear I know you. You live around here?”

“Haven’t for three years.” Katherine replied. Lucy looked over at her mother, noting the fact that she was picking at her nail polish again. Lucy knew she only did that on two occasions: she was thinking or she was nervous. The thinking option was already used up and checked off. Lucy was betting on the nervous one this time around.

“What brings you back?” Alex asked.

“Most of my family still live here,” Katherine shrugged. “Lucy hasn’t seen them in a month or two.”

“Wait, where do you live, then?”

“What’s this, 20 questions, Alex?”

“Maybe,” He paused. “You didn’t answer my question.”

“I don’t like questions.”

“Playing hard to get, are we?”

“You’re not getting anything, so no, I wouldn’t call it that.”

Alex smirked, obviously up for the challenge.

Lucy wished he knew was he was getting himself into. Katherine was brave and strong and wouldn’t give into a silly boy like Alex Gaskarth. Or so she thought.

-----

Alex Gaskarth was not one to beg, he was begged upon. But when it came to Katherine, he knew it was the complete opposite. “Can I have your number at least?” he asked, trying not to sound too desperate, but for some reason he was having trouble hiding it.

“I don’t even know you,” Katherine shrugged.

“You will if I can get them digits,” Alex grinned. He was new to this; he never really needed to fight for a girl’s number before, they were always handed over to him like candy on Halloween. Only once did he need to, but the amount of drinks he had that night had completely clouded his memory of the girl’s name.

Katherine chuckled lightly and shook her head in Alex’s direction. “Taxi!” She yelled, flaring one of her arms to get its attention. It stopped for her immediately, and Alex couldn’t help but find her victorious smirk adorable.

“Maybe I’ll see you around, Gaskarth,” She waved to him, grabbing Lucy’s tiny hand and walking towards the cab.

“Wait, how do you know my last name?!” Alex called out.

“Who doesn’t?” She smirked and shut the door behind her.

Alex was confused; an unfamiliar emotion floating amongst his mind. His ego was much too big to have one girl shatter it into a million pieces, but Katherine had definitely managed to score a piece of it and add it to herself in satisfaction. Alex shrugged and continued walking. He wished he would have got her last name.

He reached his front porch, still with thoughts of Katherine coating his mind.

“Alex!” Pause.

“Bro?” Pause.

“Gaskarth!”

“What?!” Alex asked, snapping out his daze as he made his way further into the house.

The boy in front of him laughed, shaking his head. “Who’s got you whipped, man?

Jack knew him too well.

“Nobody, nobody,” Alex reassured him, sitting on the green chair in the living room.

“Alright, sure,” Jack nodded, even though Alex knew he wasn’t buying it. “You coming out tonight?”

“What’s tonight?” Alex wondered out loud.

“Nothin’, just me and the guys were thinking of going out someplace. Maybe we’ll pick up a few chicks?” He grinned.

“Sure, I’m down,” Alex nodded, getting up and walking into the bathroom. He showered, redressed, and was ready to go in no time at all. After all, he is a boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooooo, chapter two. Sorry it's boring and uneventful, but it's necessary.
Comments are appreciated, but not mandatory. However, they would make me happy... help abrotha out?
and to my one subscriber: I love you!