Break This Awkward Silence

Inside that cave you call a chest

Brian stood in front of his closet and looked at the black suit that he had worn in the Seize The Day video.

"You packing for the funeral?" asked Zacky, who had appeared behind him.

"Yeah," Brian picked up the suit and placed it carefully on his bed.

Zacky sat down beside it, "How's Al doing?"

"Coping I think. She hasn't really spoken about it."

"Can't be easy losing your dad," Zacky mused, "She's going to need a lot of support at the funeral. You know, with her mom pretty much hating her and all."

Brian looked at him, "I know."

"And she's not going to like that you're there with Alex," Zacky continued.

"Is there a point to your rambling or are you trying to make me more worried than I am already?"

Zacky looked over at him, "Sorry."

Brian walked over to his dresser, "I'm going to support Alex cause I love her and it's the right thing to do. They can give me all the shit they want, I can take it. She can't, no matter how tough she thinks she is."

Zacky nodded, "So are you two... you know, together again?"

"I don't know. We love each other and she said she could forgive me for cheating but..." Brian trailed off.

"What?" asked Zacky.

Brian shrugged, "I don't think she can trust me again, not like she used to," he flopped down beside Zacky, "and I hate that it's my own fault."

"She must still trust you though, she opened up to you about losing her dad."

Brian shook his head, "I think I was just there at the right time."

"Isn't that part of it though? Being there for her even when you don't expect to be needed?" Zacky asked.

"I guess."

Zacky nodded and clapped his friend on the back, "You guys will figure it out. If you and Alex can't live happily ever after then the rest of us are fucked."

comments = ♥